What's new

Iran-Pakistan Gas Pipeline (IPP) News & Updates.

And also what i think is that for now the gas prices are not being regulated by an international body such as OPEC because of every country independently going forward with it. But with Qatar emerging as a major exporter of GAS, and also Kuwait building a pipeline to Qatar to export their gas from Qatar as well. The market balance will change and will force Iran and may others to be more competitive, hence offer lower rates on the market.

This article reads more like a sour grapes syndrome, where he is trying to make a point by bringing a whole host of facts, as non negotiating skills of Pakistan to rendering criticism where not needed. And as you said sir if the petroleum prices will rise up to 150 a Barrel still the gas will be cheaper. And I would want to see some others from Pakistan, some independent analyst making the same case for me to agree to the author completely. And as far as I remeber the fall of Enron had every thing to do with fraud on paper and nothing to operations. (correct me if I am wrong)

Why Did Enron Fail?
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2008

You have read this completely wrong then. One of the main reasons why India is not joining is that the price of gas at which Iran is selling is absolutely unacceptable. While Pakistan is going for it. What is expensive for India is also expensive for Pakistan. There are alternative sources of energy. Gas you may get, not necessarily from Iran.

And he is not talking about why Enron the company failed. He is talking about their power plant project in India which was basically economically catastrophic for Maharashtra.

We have CNG Infrastructure all over Pakistan , Gas Power Stations , Fertilizers industries powered by Gas etc etc etc ..

This Gas will benefits alot to our economy with uninterrupted supply which help us reduce dependency on Petroleum , also helps us cut carbon emissions .

We have CNG Infrastructure all over Pakistan , Gas Power Stations , Fertilizers industries powered by Gas etc etc etc ..

This Gas will benefits alot to our economy with uninterrupted supply which help us reduce dependency on Petroleum , also helps us cut carbon emissions .

Article is about electricity production from LNG..:cool::cool:

You have read this completely wrong then. One of the main reasons why India is not joining is that the price of gas at which Iran is selling is absolutely unacceptable. While Pakistan is going for it. What is expensive for India is also expensive for Pakistan. There are alternative sources of energy. Gas you may get, not necessarily from Iran.

And he is not talking about why Enron the company failed. He is talking about their power plant project in India which was basically economically catastrophic for Maharashtra.

Well my friend 2 things;

1- I was talking about the authors attitude and not that of Indias.
2- I stand corrected to an extent. What I had thought was that the author was talking about the Enron dealings as of whole. I am not aware of their projects in Maharashtra. So wont comment on that.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Article is about electricity production from LNG..:cool::cool:

yes but the whole nine yards are to be considered when making a deal dont they.

Last edited:
dont know wat r u all talking about....

there is only one valid question asked in this article... which is wat will happen when oil price will reach 150$?
and the answer to this is that we will still be saving money by not using oil to produce electricity but gas which will be 78% of oil price.

or is there somehting which im missing

there is only one valid question asked in this article... which is wat will happen when oil price will reach 150$?
and the answer to this is that we will still be saving money by not using oil to produce electricity but gas which will be 78% of oil price.

Well I had partially misread the article, as I have already pointed out in my previous post. But the question that is there that I dont know about, that are we importing this gas only for the production of electricity or it will be used for local consumption as well. And also are we not importing gas from Qatar as well.

Well I had partially misread the article, as I have already pointed out in my previous post. But the question that is there that I dont know about, that are we importing this gas only for the production of electricity or it will be used for local consumption as well. And also are we not importing gas from Qatar as well.

its only for industrial use (largely for electricity) ... not for households.

and yes u r right. LNG from Qatar will be for other consumption purposes

ya ur missing this point..

When Pakistan begins generating power with Iran gas in 2015, oil could be as high as $150/barrel. If so, the corresponding cost of electricity will be Rs 11/unit. Producing power at that price will be economic suicide.

Last edited:
actually thats the only point im looking at.

if we dont import this gas then we ll be using oil to generate electricity. wont that be much worse??

in such a scenario both (LNG&OIL) wont be economically viable for Developing countries.then what about billions of dollar that Pakistan Invested on the Infrastructure and development of I-P Pipeline & electricity projects.(imo investments on power projects)

if we dont import this gas then we ll be using oil to generate electricity. wont that be much worse??

:agree: yes for the time being its the situation.

Once the gas transportation starts and we use it only then we will be having results how much it helps.

Besides Iran also offered us electricity which is far better to get for Balochistan and other areas

What about TAPI ?? wasnt it suppose to start supply by 2015??

Ma’am, you being a Journalist should know that all Turkmenistan Natural Gas will go to Europe via Russia, China and for Northern Iran.

Of the three parties involved Iran will “very aggressively” ensure that no Turkmenistan Natural Gas “competes” with Iranian Natural Gas for Pakistan and India!

i don't agree completely.... reason being

RENTAL POWER PROJECT will still be cheaper! hydel power will be cheaper!

and keeping any BASIC need linked to oil is disaster because oil effects production anyway.. and in this case it will b affecting the COST of input (oil to run machines) and produce good ..and also the non productive loss caused because oil will b used to light bulbs in pakistan
we dont use crude oil directly!!

the trick here is

i am selling u bronze (CNG) at 80% price of GOLD (oil) and 0% duty on good using bronze.. if i sell GOLD my margin of profit is 5-10% as gov because gold rates are known by everyone.. but because NO ONE can afford gold so they will anyday by bronze even if its 5% cheaper than GOLD.. so now pakistan is selling gas at higher rates closer to oil.. so their profit margin is higher selling gas now .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom