What's new

Iran offered heavy weaponry to PKK to step back from Turkey withdrawal

-SINAN-

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Iranian intelligence offered the outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) heavy weaponry and logistical support to discourage the militant group from the peace process, daily Milliyet claimed today, citing a senior Turkish government official and the autonomous Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) in northern Iraq.

PKK military leader Murat Karayılan rejected the offer of “heavy weaponry” and “logistical support” by Gen. Qasem Soleimani, the commander of Iran’s Qods Force, to continue militant activities, the report said. It also added that Tehran was conducting “secret diplomacy” to dissuade militants from withdrawing from Turkey.

In interviews with Turkish media, Karayılan had said the PKK had some unused “opportunities” to resume its insurgency. “If we remain open to these [opportunities], there would be many countries in the region against Turkey. We can get foreign support, but on this occasion we did not,” he was quoted as saying by daily Milliyet.

POLITICS - Iran offered heavy weaponry to PKK to step back from Turkey withdrawal: Report
http://siyaset.milliyet.com.tr/iran-dan-kandil-e-cekilmeyin-baskisi/siyaset/siyasetyazardetay/29.04.2013/1699964/default.htm

IRAN is playing a very dangerous game. Openly supporting terrorism against Turkey, we all saw what happended with Syria.

Or maybe for them to retreat in an orderly fashion

Anyhow I think this is for Iraq not turkey

Iranian intelligence offered the outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) heavy weaponry and logistical support to discourage the militant group from the peace process, daily Milliyet claimed today, citing a senior Turkish government official and the autonomous Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) in northern Iraq.

PKK military leader Murat Karayılan rejected the offer of “heavy weaponry” and “logistical support” by Gen. Qasem Soleimani, the commander of Iran’s Qods Force, to continue militant activities, the report said. It also added that Tehran was conducting “secret diplomacy” to dissuade militants from withdrawing from Turkey.

In interviews with Turkish media, Karayılan had said the PKK had some unused “opportunities” to resume its insurgency. “If we remain open to these [opportunities], there would be many countries in the region against Turkey. We can get foreign support, but on this occasion we did not,” he was quoted as saying by daily Milliyet.

POLITICS - Iran offered heavy weaponry to PKK to step back from Turkey withdrawal: Report
http://siyaset.milliyet.com.tr/iran-dan-kandil-e-cekilmeyin-baskisi/siyaset/siyasetyazardetay/29.04.2013/1699964/default.htm

IRAN is playing a very dangerous game. Openly supporting terrorism against Turkey, we all saw what happended with Syria.

Nothing to surprize. Iran and terorizm in this region is side by side.

It's called junk journalism from turkish media.

Making fake news and contributing it to unnamed imaginary authorities and failing to provide any sort of proof . What else you need to see it ?

It's called junk journalism from turkish media.

Making fake news and contributing it to unnamed imaginary authorities and failing to provide any sort of proof . What else you need to see it ?

We will see the truthness of the news from the actions of Turkish Government. If this news is true, we are gonna see some sort of retalion from Turkey.

The author of this news is Aslı Aydıntaşbaş, she is a highly crediable author from milliyet newspaper. I don't think she will jeopardize her position with making fake news.

We will see the truthness of the news from the actions of Turkish Government. If this news is true, we are gonna see some sort of retalion from Turkey.

The author of this news is Aslı Aydıntaşbaş, she is a highly crediable author from milliyet newspaper. I don't think she will jeopardize her position with making fake news.

If she was credible she would have provided any sort of base and proof for her claims

If she was credible she would have provided any sort of base and proof for her claims

I don't know the rules of journalism, but i think there is rule that you keep your source confidental sometimes, i'm not sure though so i mailed her about the sources. I'm waiting for a reply.

Goddamn Iranians!
They will not hesitate to do anything to stop what makes the region peaceful.

What a joke. Why would Iran endanger its trade and economic ties with Turkey over a bunch of mountain monkeys ?

It is not an official statement,but its in Irans interest if Tukey has internal problems.
Regarding Syria mostly,and Turkey is an obstacle in regional power projection for Iran.
The more Turkey has internal problems the better for Iran.

Iran will pay heavily for this.

We need to help our Azeri brothers in Iran who are being suppressed.

And we need to eliminate the threat from Iran once and for all.

Not hard to believe, Iran has always used and funded kurdish militias since the shah.

What kind of retaliation are you expecting? Should we help Israel and US when their offense begins?

Iran will pay heavily for this.

We need to help our Azeri brothers in Iran who are being suppressed.

And we need to eliminate the threat from Iran once and for all.
Get a life, you were struggling with the PKK for nearly 30 years and they are a militia. Now you are threatening a country whos twice your size. Btw, be kind to Iran, or you will freeze to death in the upcoming winter hehe

Back
Top Bottom