What's new

'Iran must devise plan to deal with displaced Pakistanis on border'

Jana i have read news in Iranian news papers about Pakistan which are just copy paste from Time of India.

This could very well be another such example.

yeah all the worlds media do the false reporting and only pakistani media is reliable .... which recently blamed India for the floods

:wave: i see the birth problem is at your end. seems you got injured on your head

I had a birth problem of hating Pakistan and BS it is now increasing day by day by mental poster like u
and yes I got injury in my head when I was shooting one your freedom fighter/ mujhadeen, my score count 09 to till date. Dont worry, am OK now, by the way what about your mental problem:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nora's remarks are as foolish as the person he is himself. I'll avoid speaking more about him given the fact that the majority here are not from Iran and would not be able to understand it fully nor relate to it.

As for refugees and displaced people, Iran has not been negligent of them in the course of her history. During the Iran-Iraq war, before it, and after it, Iran absorbed thousands of displaced Iraqis and exiles. Following the Soviet-Afghan war, despite being in a state of war itself on it's western front, Iran still absorbed millions of Afghanis, many of whom to this day still reside within Iran.

If the case was indeed factual, Iran would offer her services, even if they be small, to these affected persons. The story is bogus as already proved. I would advise members to concentrate more on official Iranians statements than that of individual and unimportant Parliamentarians who often go beyond their own place to improve their own position internally.

I had a birth problem of hating Pakistan and BS it is now increasing day by day by mental poster like u
and yes I got injury in my head when I was shooting one your freedom fighter/ mujhadeen, my score count 09 to till date. Dont worry, am OK now, by the way what about your mental problem:rofl::rofl::rofl:

seems you got your turban on too tight

The story is bogus as already proved.

No my friend the story is not 'bogus'. Nobody has of yet crossed into Iran it seems but people are on their way towards Iran. Apparently the flood-water had been diverted away from certain parts of southern Pakistan for whatever reasons and ended up flooding some places in Pakistan's Baluchestan. A number of people from that affected area are said to be on the move west toward Iran. That is according to the UNHCR at least, see below:

Flood-hit Pakistanis, Afghans may cross to Iran - UNHCR
10 hours 46 mins ago

Dismal conditions in flood-hit areas in southwest Pakistan could force thousands of Pakistanis and Afghan refugees to cross the border into Iran, the U.N. refugee agency warned on Thursday.

Baluchistan province was the first to be hit by the country's worst floods, initially displaced some 200,000 people. But the region has been largely ignored after more menacing waters raged in other parts of Pakistan.

Separatist nationalist militants have waged a low-scale insurgency for decades in Baluchistan, Pakistan's biggest but poorest province.

They campaign for greater autonomy and control of abundant natural gas and mineral resources, which they say are unfairly exploited to the benefits of other parts of the country.

Any neglect of the region's flood crisis could reinforce those views.

The number of displaced people there is close to one million, and lack of assistance could make them head to neighbouring Iran, said Mengesha Kebede, the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) representative in Pakistan.

"This has not happened yet ... but definitely everybody is aware of significant movement that is taking place," Kebede said, adding contingency plans there were underway.

"If we do not meet the humanitarian needs of the people, not only will there be social discontent but they will move for other fields, and unfortunately what that means is they could even go into Iran," he told a news conference.

DIRE SITUATION

Starting over a month ago, floods have killed at least 1,600 people, affected more than 18 million and inflicted nearly $43 billion (£27.9 billion) worth of damage to infrastructure and agriculture, the mainstay of the economy.

Floodwaters are receding in many areas, but millions still live in tents, with their houses destroyed and livelihood lost.

The calamity has displaced more 400,000 people inside Baluchistan. Another 600,000 have joined them from the neighbouring Sindh province.

"I have worked in humanitarian situations globally ... to be honest with you, I have not seen such a disgusting situation, as I saw in Baluchistan," said Kebede.

"Two schools sites I visited, I literally couldn't walk in, fundamentally because the entire school has one toilet which is being used by people ... and basically people are defecating all over the place."

Hundreds of people have been killed in assassinations and bomb attacks in Baluchistan in recent years but there has been a relative lull in the thinly populated province of mountains and deserts in recent months.

Kebede called for scaled up relief activity in Baluchistan to prevent a major humanitarian disaster there.

"I feel it would be tragic if because of the lack of assistance, Pakistanis, Afghan refugees were to cross the border, seeking help and assistance in Iran," he said. "We need to ensure that Baluchistan is not forgotten."

(Editing by Michael Georgy and Miral Fahmy)

A bad situation over there. The Pakistanis should allow Iranian aid teams to set-up camps on their side of the border since clearly, they are unable to cope by themselves.

ای ایران;1110402 said:
No my friend the story is not 'bogus'.

A bad situation over there. The Pakistanis should allow Iranian aid teams to set-up camps on their side of the border since clearly, they are unable to cope by themselves.
Dear Ey Iran, my friend, I can't understand why you are insisting on following this debate. It is hurting our Pakistani brothers obviously . I am sure if we were in their position that kind of behavior would annoy us as well.
I think what you are doing right now is what we call in Persian pouring salt on others wound. ( If anyone know the synonym proverb on English translate it). Try to put yourself in their shoes and read your posts again. How your posts would help?
And as a good news for my worried Iranian friend -Ey Iran- I could inform you that from the first day of the incident a joined comity between Iran and Pakistan have been organized. So the both countries are aware of the extent of disaster that a flood like that could force them upon.
By the way, you are a nice person and for awhile I'm following your posts in this forum, on this one I'm sure you had noting but good intentions. Keep good works buddy. :cheers:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom