What's new

Iran military denies reports of U.S. drone shot down

Already answered. Drones are very useful for dynamic tactical situations that quickly change. With a satellite, you have to wait until one comes in range. They are more useful for static or slowly-changing installations... buildings, logistics depots, missile sites, etc.

I wonder if there was just one case, in which USA does not denies casualty claim.

i dont know, find it yourself
Very idiotic answer.

It is duty of Iran to provide evidence. Not mine.

For example, does anyone remember
the US warship chase by Iranian speed boats that as a result the US navy and government were much embarrassed when IRGCN
showed the video?
That incident was not a chase and neither it caused any embarrassment to US. That incident was highly dramatized in media.

Here is the proper account: http://ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=40747

Similarly, The story of Iranian UAV that was spying on USS Ronald Regan Aircraft Carrier? That too became an embarrassing for the US navy when after a month IRGC showed the video.
It demonstrates the potential of robotics technology. Iran is making the right move by investing in R&D sector.

However, during confrontation scenarios; no one gets close to those strike groups. Because at that time, everything is kept at red alert status. You do the math now.

My opinion is that Iran holds back on the evidence of their action until it is absolutely necessary or there is an opportune time for the proof.

I am certain that Iran has shot down two UAVs before as claimed shown to Russians and this case is no difference. We just have to wait and see how much of denials are accumulated by the US government and what is the threshold of Iran in bearing
mocking news by the US media. Iran will then embarrass the US again!

Until then, have some patience! This story has just been revealed, we have a long time to go yet!
We are eager to see what kind of drone it was, if the claim is true. Till then, no need to hype up the matter.

UPDATE: http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/world/2011-07/22/c_131003352.htm

I wonder if ever there was a case were our opponents didn't make ridiculous claims (the Serbs seem to think they shot down our entire airforce!)

I also remeber a thread on this forum that claim we had lost something like 170,000 troops in Afghanistan...we don't even have that many there.

Only proof can tell.. and if it is proven then its a slap on US's face simply while yes many do claim to shot this and that i say show proof if you can then you know what really happend.

Only proof can tell.. and if it is proven then its a slap on US's face simply while yes many do claim to shot this and that i say show proof if you can then you know what really happend.

Actually not a slap at all. People seem to forget why we use drones in the first place...can you guess? Give up? So if you lose one it's not that big a deal (thus the whole "no pilot" concept!)

^^
why do you people always try and make it seem like what happened to you is not a great deal?
even if iran shot down a f-22 you would still find an excuse to make it seem like nothing. give up!

TEHRAN, July 22 (Xinhua) -- Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) denied the earlier reports that Iran's military forces have shot down a U.S. drone near Fordo nuclear enrichment site, the semi-official Fars news agency reported on Friday.

Whatever was shot down by IRGC's surface-to-air defense system in Qom province was a flying object targeted for training purposes, the report quoted an announcement by IRGC's Public Relations.

U.S. spy planes cannot dare to penetrate into Iran's air space as the country's surface-to-air defense system is vigilant, said the announcement.

The IRGC's Public Relations added that such news should be released by the authorized officials of Iran's military forces, said the report.

On Wednesday, Ali Aqazadeh Dafsari, a member of the Iranian Parliament's National Security and Foreign Policy Commission was quoted as saying by the local media that the IRGC's Air Defense units targeted the spy drone when it was flying near the Fordo nuclear enrichment site in central Qom province.

Aqazadeh Dafsari said the U.S. drone intended to identify the location of the Fordo nuclear enrichment site and gather information for the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

Iran military denies reports of U.S. drone shot down near Iran's nuclear site

So going by the logic of some posters here, Iranians are now denying that they have 'balls'.

Oh boy!

LOL! So the reality has started to set in.

How people have quickly fallen for the propaganda earlier is hilarious.

Did you expect anything less from people that Photoshop missiles? :)

Back
Top Bottom