What's new

Iran has the highest nominal GDP in the Middle East: post JCPOA potential

Jew has been smashed here badly. He came with the pastrami logic that "IMF listed Iranian GDP of 1.74 Trillion USD must be a mistake by IMF because no country can triple its GDP in 5 years"

When shown that Brazil actually increased its GDP 5 times in 5 years, he vanished from the thread. In another thread, he was questioning the authority of SJR.

So now we know, Jews from Israel do not recognize the following:

-IMF
- SJR

What's next? Earth is flat? so much for Jew's famous IQ.
Jewish people did a lot for science ,economy and psychology.As a person what he is doing is actually helping you in your threads.it's always good to going out of your safe place and see things around you with different perspective.

It's a good trait to question everything. sometimes I wish that if it was possible for us to follow same path in our education system and produce more students with such abilities.

Jewish people did a lot for science ,economy and psychology.As a person what he is doing is actually helping you in your threads.it's always good to going out of your safe place and see things around you with different perspective.

It's a good trait to question everything. sometimes I wish that if it was possible for us to follow same path in our education system and produce more students with such abilities.

I dont have anything against Jews or Israelis in general. They are brilliant people. But this particular troll is dumb.

IMF data is BS, according to the IMF, Iran's GDP tripled within 5 years, that's literally impossible.

View attachment 858501

This is the reality of Iran

The IMF's numbers are based on the official exchange rates, so they are not totally BS. If anything, it is Iran's government that might be BS-ing the numbers.

Iran maintains an official exchange rate that is completely detached from the open market rate (rates people are actually willing to trade USD against IRR with). At the moment it is IRR 42000 (official rate) against 270000+ (market rate), that is 6.5 times difference between the two rates. So an official GDP of USD 1.7 trillions is USD 260 billions in real life. Conversely, Turkey GDP is USD 4.5 trillion and Israel GDP is USD 2.6 trillions according to Iranian's exchange rate regime to USD.

Iranian-rial-rates.png

The IMF's numbers are based on the official exchange rates, so they are not totally BS. If anything, it is Iran's government that might be BS-ing the numbers.

Iran maintains an official exchange rate that is completely detached from the open market rate (rates people are actually willing to trade USD against IRR with). At the moment it is IRR 42000 (official rate) against 270000+ (market rate), that is 6.5 times difference between the two rates. So an official GDP of USD 1.7 trillions is USD 260 billions in real life. Conversely, Turkey GDP is USD 4.5 trillion and Israel GDP is USD 2.6 trillions according to Iranian's exchange rate regime to USD.

View attachment 872815
Good to know, knew something was off about that chart

Nope, they did it all for themselves. That they ended up advancing science is a mere byproduct of them asserting a monopoly and please don't give me that joke about advancing economics.

The fact the ponzi scam knowns as the US dollar exists and dominates as a global currency doubling as a form of soft pressure is proof of how vile the jews are.

As for psychology, they've been the ones running the pharmaceutical companies flooding the market with dubious antidepressants, introduced poisonous LGBT doctrine and other crackpot theories that are ruining Generation Z and millennials across the developed world.

95% of Iran's foreign trade ($150 billion dollars) is done based on OFFICIAL exchange rate..not what a tourist buys dollars in a corner shop...IMF figures are based on that OFFICIAL figure not on few hundred dollars exchanged in a corner street...People with butts hurt just can not absorb the fact that Iran has the highest GDP in West Asia...IMF army of economists know a bit more about economy than a stupid PDF poster....GDP per Capita data below
GDP per Capita.JPG

95% of Iran's foreign trade ($150 billion dollars) is done based on OFFICIAL exchange rate..not what a tourist buys dollars in a corner shop...IMF figures are based on that OFFICIAL figure not on few hundred dollars exchanged in a corner street...People with butts hurt just can not absorb the fact that Iran has the highest GDP in West Asia...IMF army of economists know a bit more about economy than a stupid PDF poster....GDP per Capita data below
View attachment 872824

You are correct, IMF economists obviously are no stupid, which is why they also made it clear that the figures are based on the official figures. For most countries, official figures are not that different to the market rate no matters where and by whom the rate is being used.

Do you have information Iran GDP value in Rial by any chance? Because Iran GDP growth is projected at 3-4% in 2022 and has been around that for quite some time while the dollar figure of the GDP has been increasing at a rate of 100% multiple times.

You are correct, IMF economists obviously are no stupid, which is why they also made it clear that the figures are based on the official figures. For most countries, official figures are not that different to the market rate no matters where and by whom the rate is being used.

Do you have information Iran GDP value in Rial by any chance? Because Iran GDP growth is projected at 3-4% in 2022 and has been around that for quite some time while the dollar figure of the GDP has been increasing at a rate of 100% multiple times.
I do not have the GDP in Rial..but just between last year (2021) IMF actual GDP of 1.1 Trillion and projected this year (2022) of 1.7 Trillion.. calculated based on the same OFFICIAL rate you can see a huge jump..I contribute this jump on rebasing of the source data...remember two things.

1- Iran economy is a closed economy and you can not treat it the same way as you treat open market economies
2- Huge part of the economical activity is being kept secret due to US sanctions to keep it away from US treasury sanction group !
3- Iran had the highest GDP in 1970s and early 1980s when it was an open economy compared to all neighbours..She is now back where it belongs...Iranian resources oil-gas-mineral are the backbone of this resilient economy,,when you have 95% educated population and you have to build everything and grow everything your GDP will shoot up..

I do not have the GDP in Rial..but just between last year (2021) IMF actual GDP of 1.1 Trillion and projected this year (2022) of 1.7 Trillion.. calculated based on the same OFFICIAL rate you can see a huge jump..I contribute this jump on rebasing of the source data...remember two things.

1- Iran economy is a closed economy and you can not treat it the same way as you treat open market economies
2- Huge part of the economical activity is being kept secret due to US sanctions to keep it away from US treasury sanction group !
3- Iran had the highest GDP in 1970s and early 1980s when it was an open economy compared to all neighbours..She is now back where it belongs...Iranian resources oil-gas-mineral are the backbone of this resilient economy,,when you have 95% educated population and you have to build everything and grow everything your GDP will shoot up..

Well I cant rely on IMF numbers because the numbers in questions here are the IMF ones and the base for IMF numbers are also the rates that are being questioned here. Furthermore as you said, Iran economy is a closed economy so it is only fair to see the GDP numbers in its original currency to measure the real growth.

Anyway, international trade with Iran DOES NOT use the official rate, it instead uses the NIMA rates controlled by the central bank. This is the information that I got from Iranian CB regarding the buy and sale rates of IRR against the USD and EUR. USD vs. IRR is 279k IRR and EUR vs. IRR is 284k.

صفحه-نخست-fxmarketrate-cbi-ir.png

Government of Iran is planning to get rid of the subsidized exchange rates though according to this news.

Last edited:
Well I cant rely on IMF numbers because the numbers in questions here are the IMF ones and the base for IMF numbers are also the rates that are being questioned here. Furthermore as you said, Iran economy is a closed economy so it is only fair to see the GDP numbers in its original currency to measure the real growth.

Anyway, international trade with Iran DOES NOT use the official rate, it instead uses the NIMA rates controlled by the central bank. This is the information that I got from Iranian CB regarding the buy and sale rates of IRR against the USD and EUR. USD vs. IRR is 279k IRR and EUR vs. EUR is 284k.

View attachment 872844

Government of Iran is planning to get rid of the subsidized exchange rates though according to this news.
There is an Iranian PDF member with good economics background (@Cancerous Tumor)...He did a very detailed study of Iran's GDP that did not rely on any exchange rate to put the issue to rest..he compared Iranian economy with Brazilian economy (reasons given why Brazil) sector by sector knowing the Brazil's GDP he arrived at Iranian GDP which was almost identical to IMF estimates for Iranian economy..I recommend if you still think RATS!!! are giving wrong data to go through his analysis (3 or four pages of data) which is in this Forum done about two months ago..
His conclusion was that even when we do not involve any exchange rates the IMF data stand....hence what I told you about why an army of IMF economists are not fooled by any countries data . They have other means to verify the accuracy of the source data.

There is an Iranian PDF member with good economics background (@Cancerous Tumor)...He did a very detailed study of Iran's GDP that did not rely on any exchange rate to put the issue to rest..he compared Iranian economy with Brazilian economy (reasons given why Brazil) sector by sector knowing the Brazil's GDP he arrived at Iranian GDP which was almost identical to IMF estimates for Iranian economy..I recommend if you still think RATS!!! are giving wrong data to go through his analysis which is in this Forum done about two months ago..
His conclusion was that even when we do not involve any exchange rates the IMF data stand....hence what I told you about why an army of IMF economists are not fooled by any countries data . They have other means to verify the accuracy of the source data.

Well I would not go too far talking about cherrypicked industry data before the underlying question regarding the base currency used for converting Iranian GDP figure into USD is cleared. Because any USD numbers brought forward would be further questioned.

IMF are not fooled, they are also not lying. IMF is only presenting the figure based on what the government of Iran released. It is not in IMF's interest to question that. IMF did not ask why Sri Lanka was doing the same thing prior to its crisis as well.

So to eliminate the exchange rate factor, it would be good to look at the GDP figures throughout the years in Iranian rial.

Anyway, international trade with Iran DOES NOT use the official rate, it instead uses the NIMA rates controlled by the central bank. This is the information that I got from Iranian CB regarding the buy and sale rates of IRR against the USD and EUR. USD vs. IRR is 279k IRR and EUR vs. IRR is 284k.

View attachment 872844

they are supposed to do so , the budget also say they must do so , but there are some resistance that do't allow it completely happen

View attachment 872824
Case closed

Case closed

Not quite, because apparently international trades with Iran use the NIMA rate. It seems not even the central bank adheres to the official rate when it comes to international trade.

So why the two exchange rates though? And why are they completely detached from each other’s? If Iran itself is not confident in its official exchange rates, why should anybody be confident with any resulting economic figures that are based on the official rates?

Back
Top Bottom