What's new

Iran considering ways to boost birth rate

Irans population was supposed to be 50 million at best right now, if it were nlt for the mullahs encouraging families to have so many kids during the 80s and 90s.

I say this is a good thing if you were to ask me. No need to have such a huge population.

Yeah...almost ALL other peoples are facing the same problem...Chinese, Japanese etc.

Indians might face it in the future, too.

In modern societies, only Muslims are doing O.K but that might not be the case 30 years after..

Then there are pre-modern societies of sub-saharan Africa without even electricity--but producing 8 babies per women!!!!

Scary trend for our planet.
I guess you don't look at the downside of high population. Where will you find enough resources to sustain a massive population? Not only food and water, what about other social factors such as education? For example look at our own subcontinent. Who's doing better? Sri lanka with a low fertility rate or India with a high fertility rate?

You are correct on sub-sahran Africa. It will be a scary scenario.

Compare with fertility rate.

Literacy Rate
global-literacy-rates.png

Human Development Index
hdiclassic-whitelegend.png

Infant Morality Rate
707px-Mort.svg.png

Last edited:
^ No one is arguing for "high-population" mate...

I'm talking about normal population...TFR must be atleast 2.1 for developed nations and a bit over 2.1..like 2.3-.2.5...for developing nations...This will NOT increase population but will just "replace" the existing population when old die...

Anything lower than that is dangerous...specially for developing nations..since, then, there would be tooo many old people to support and not too many young people to work...

Massive economies like Europe can sustain this with their supreme resources and welfare system..countries like India, Pakistan, and Iran? Too many problems.

Q&A: Edward Luttwak « IsraelAmerica
Edward Luttwak wrote:
There is a good measure of social control in Iran, and that is the price of genuine imported Scotch whiskey in Tehran, because it’s a) forbidden, and b) has to be smuggled in for practical purposes from Dubai, and the only way it can come from Dubai is with the cooperation of the Revolutionary Guard. The price of whiskey has been declining for years, and you go to a party in north Tehran now and you get lots of whiskey. And it’s only slightly more expensive than in Northwest Washington.
But on the other hand, the regime is doing something for which they will have my undying gratitude—that is, they have been manufacturing the one and only post-Islamic society. They created a situation in which Iranians in general, worldwide, not only in Iran, are disaffiliated. They are converting Muslim Iranians into post-Muslim Iranians

This is what the Wahabis and Saudis are most afraid of. Iran could be first Islamic country to renounce Islam to become atheist of discover their pre-Islamic history, religion and culture..When that happens, it will have a profound impact on the entire Muslim world..

Last edited:
Q&A: Edward Luttwak « IsraelAmerica

This is what the Wahabis and Saudis are most afraid of. Iran could be first Islamic country to renounce Islam to become atheist of discover their pre-Islamic history, religion and culture..When that happens, it will have a profound impact on the entire Muslim world..
Can you elaborate why the so call wahhabi and Saudi afraid of iran renouncing islam and switch to atheism. Can you tell me what influence does iran posses so their convert into atheism will have a profound impact on THE ENTIRE moslem world?

Iran can renounce islam and convert to christianity or atheism or hinduism but we have business that will keep us busy.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom