What's new

Iran calls a closer ties with Saudi Arabia

Shah9

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
A senior Iranian official has reiterated Tehran’s desire to improve ties with its neighbor Saudi Arabia, calling for serious efforts by both sides to that end.

The remarks by head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) and former Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi came on Wednesday at a Tehran dinner banquet thrown by the Palestinian Ambassador to Iran Salah Zawawi in honor of the Saudi secretary general of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), Iyad Ameen Madani.

Salehi, who headed Iran's Foreign Ministry from 2010 to 2013, said improvement of relations with Saudi Arabia and Turkey had been among his priorities during his tenure.

“We hope Iran and Saudi Arabia will make serious efforts to revive ties and [restore] the lost trust... We in Iran insist on boosting relations with Saudi Arabia and you can play an important role in that regard,” Salehi told the visiting OIC chief.

“Good Iran-Saudi ties could be significant and effective for the entire world,” the Iranian official further emphasized.

Pointing to the unique status of Iran, Saudi Arabia and Turkey in the region, Salehi described cooperation among the three states as “very important and useful.”

Earlier this week, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif also underscored the need for the enhancement of cooperation between Iran and Saudi Arabia with the aim of restoring security in the Middle East.

Elsewhere in his address, Salehi touched upon the current situation in the Muslim world and noted, “We are at an extremely sensitive juncture which is a decisive [factor] for the future of the region.”

He urged all Mideast states to join hands and contain threats jeopardizing the region’s future “before it’s too late.”

The OIC general secretary arrived in Tehran on Tuesday and has held talks with senior Iranian officials, including President Hassan Rouhani.

Senior Iranian official calls for closer ties with Saudi Arabia | Al Bawaba

Message delivered, Saudi Arabia says No ties with MullahStan.

toot toot….

Last edited:
Damn if the Iranians & the Arabs were to reach a rapprochement my plans of eloping with @rmi5 's girl-friend & blaming it on the Saudi kid on the street aka @al-Hasani , would come to naught ! :(

Message delivered, Saudi Arabia says No ties with the MullahStan.

toot toot….

Snap out of it Soldier - They're offering you an Olive Branch & you're thinking of making Olive Oil out of it without even saying Thank You ! :mad:

Have some mercy & at least think about the two love-birds @BLACKEAGLE & @haman10 ! :(

All rivalry and shit-talk aside, whether Iranians or Saudis like it or not, in the end Iran and Saudi Arabia need to come to some form of accomodation and co-exist. Otherwise cold war will continue and the region will be ridden with conflict.
No shame in being a little rational and pragmatic.

It's a shame after all what zionist KSA did

If it's real i will stop supporting Syria, Iran and quit the forum because it would be useless to defend someone that becomes friends with their enemies

most of problems in muslim world is due to saudis

Then be it as it may. Let no one tries to solve out any ties with us at this point.

If it's real i will stop supporting Syria, Iran and quit the forum because it would be useless to defend someone that becomes friends with their enemies

Then make sure you leave by now :lol:

Iran and KSA won't clash directly, and no one can help them to improve their ties except themselves, this will make your stomach hurt.

most of problems in muslim world is due to saudis

:lol:

If this news is sincere then that's not bad. But I doubt it unless the Mullah's reform and stop being a pariah state.

What are the current trade relations between KSA and Iran? Probably non-existent if I not wrong? Any figures.

Words need to be backed with action. If Iranis wish to engage Saudis, then they should actually do it instead of making small speeches and making small headlines.

Syrian situation was in the making for last so many years. The way Sunnis were oppressed by a minority-backed regime just had to trigger a civil war. I do not like the timing and the foreign intervention and the fact that oppressor-in-chief, Israel, stands to benefit. But truth be told, Iranis are not playing a positive role in the region.

And yes, none of this would be happening if Iran as a state was not engaged in exporting a particular ideology.

Ca tourne pas rond dans ta tête?

You are by NO chance related to Dieudonné M’Bala M’Bala are you?

Why don't you just attack some Jews in Paris? It is not like they are not there. Then the local authority will hopefully deal with you. It is not even funny anymore @Sun Piwa aka @elis aka @waikici

Just STFU and mind your own business. You are apparently from plucking Vietnam. What has that got to do with the ancient Middle East or any Arab issues? Go get obsessed about nearby Laos, Burma or somewhere in Africa. I suggest Burundi. Maybe Kazakhstan if you want to stay in Asia.

Now pfuck off illegal immigrant. Reply to my Arabic and French posts otherwise I am going to accuse you of being a Farsi troll. Don't hide. You are anonymous here anyway like anybody else.

Just STFU for a few hours will you?

Last edited:
Iran calls for peace, and Saudi Arabia rejects it, because they are the bad guy.

Just like Israel does not want peace, Saudi Arabia does not want peace because they are on the same team. Both Israel and Saudi Arabia want to see the Arab and Muslim world divided on sectarian lines.

EH , forget it :)

no interest in saudi terrorism for iran ,just fooling them :)

It's good that Arabia is accepting Safavid supremacy. :)

Only a fool would think so.

The master-race Supremacists Mullahs are dreaming about it. :lol:

EH , forget it :)

no interest in saudi terrorism for iran ,just fooling them :)

Iran is struck by terror ages ago. Nothing will change, except them calling for peace, and we no it.

Iran calls for peace, and Saudi Arabia rejects it, because they are the bad guy.

Just like Israel does not want peace, Saudi Arabia does not want peace because they are on the same team. Both Israel and Saudi Arabia want to see the Arab and Muslim world divided on sectarian lines.

Are you trying to be more Arab or Muslim than themselves :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom