What's new

Iran begins trials of domestically made COVID-19 vaccine in Tehran

Cuban Vaccine Candidate Soberana 02 Starts Trials in Iran
https://www.telesurenglish.net/news/Cuban-Vaccine-Candidate-Soberana-02-Starts-Trials-in-Iran-20210426-0012.html
Published 26 April 2021
Iran began on Monday the third phase of the clinical trial of the Cuban vaccine "Soberana 02", called "Pasteur" in the Persian country, which will involve 24,000 volunteers from seven provinces in the north, center and south of Iran.

The start of the trials in Iran took place with an official ceremony at the University of Medical Sciences in the city of Isfahan in central Iran, with the presence of the Iranian Minister of Health, Saíd Namakí, and with the injection of the vaccine to four volunteers.

Mohamad Mehdi Guya, the director of the Infectious Diseases Management Center of the Ministry of Health, and the director of Iran's Pasteur Institute, Alireza Biglari, were the first two injected, who said, "Today, our country has achieved one of the best, most effective and dynamic coronavirus vaccines in the world at the Pasteur Institute."

Namaki added that "researchers in the field of vaccine production did their job, there is no holding back and Iran is the brightest country in the field of COVID-19 vaccine production in the region."

According to the agreement signed last January between the Finlay Vaccine Institute (IFV) in Havana and the Pasteur Institute, the third and last testing phase of Soberana 02 will also be carried out in the Persian country. Then the technology will be transferred to produce the drug locally.

This candidate began the final stage of clinical trials in Havana on March 8 with 44,010 volunteers. At the end of the month, the tests were extended with a parallel intervention study of another 150,000 people.

To carry out the tests in Iran, some 100,000 doses of the vaccine arrived in Tehran in March, to be tested on volunteers aged between 18 and 80 years.

Biglarí explained on Iranian state television that it is planned to produce "2,000,000 doses" of this serum "every month" and that at the beginning of June it will be supplied for general vaccination in the Persian country.

Eight Universities of Medical Sciences in Mazandaran, Babol, Isfahan, Yazd, Kerman, Hormozgan, Zanyan and Hamedan are participating in the trials.

In Yazd and Zanyan, a booster dose, corresponding to another Cuban vaccine candidate, SoberanaPlus, will be administered in addition to the two doses of the vaccine, according to Biglari, who also explained that "the booster dose can be effective in boosting the immunity of people who have previously been infected with COVID-19.'
Iran, which is currently in the fourth wave of the pandemic with daily peaks in infections, is locally developing several vaccine preparations and just yesterday began the third phase of clinical trials of its most advanced local vaccine called COVID-19 COVIRAN Barekat.

The total death toll in the country is about 70,000 people and the number of infected people is 2.4 million.
In total 165,655 people have received both doses of a vaccine in Iran, and some 618,362 have received only the first injection.

Cuba has a long experience making cheap vaccines for developing countries.

I wish / hope it work well.

I dont trust in adenovirus vaccines (AstraZeneca/Janssen/Sputnik V).

I trust in mRNA vaccines (Pfizer/Moderna).

And I still dont know what think about Soberana vaccine, Cubans use a different method to make his vaccine.

I hope they will be transparent in the results, but it's hard in a communist country.

Cuba has a long experience making cheap vaccines for developing countries.

I wish / hope it work well.

I dont trust in adenovirus vaccines (AstraZeneca/Janssen/Sputnik V).

I trust in mRNA vaccines (Pfizer/Moderna).

And I still dont know what think about Soberana vaccine, Cubans use a different method to make his vaccine.

I hope they will be transparent in the results, but it's hard in a communist country.
And I prefer to get Coronavirus rather than injecting Pfizer/Moderna/AstraZeneca/Janssen vaccines.

Is this a joke? Such an office actually exists?
Well this summarize what this organization is supposed to do these days
Generally, Setad has consisted of two main foundations:[12] the Barakat Foundation that "has the duty of eliminating poverty and empowering poor communities" and Tadbir Economic Development Group to "set up an investment management firm".[13]

Barakat Foundation
On 11 December 2007, based on the sentence of the second Supreme Leader, Ali Khamenei, "I’m concerned about solving problems of the deprived classes of the society. For instance, solve problems of 1000 villages completely. How good would it be if 1000 points of the country are solved or 1000 schools are built in the country", the Barakat Foundation has been established to solve the problems of in needed people and make habitable the deprived region where poor people live.[14]

The Mechanism of Barakat Foundation is summarized in eight steps. First, the region to implement the Poverty Reduction Project is selected. Then, by choosing the consultant (or experts) and holding meetings, studies on the status of capacities of development at the target area and on the basis of the formulation and implementation of the plan, it is considered as the agenda. After completing the establishment mechanism for implementing the plan and ways for Financing support and education steps, the project begins to operate economically and after the evaluation and documentation of the process of carrying out the project, the Barakat Foundation will be removed from the implementation process. Finally, the project is donated to people for economic activity. This process was called Sunshine in order to Poverty Reduction through the participation of local communities.[14] The Foundation mainly has concentrated on the entrepreneurship of needy people.[14]

Tadbir Economic Development Group
Ten years after establishing EIKO, Tadbir Economic Development Group was founded as the economic group of EIKO. Now it is a stockholder of many oil and non-oil companies.[15]

and thes Vaccine production endeavor is taken by Barakat Foundation

Back
Top Bottom