What's new

Iran begins trials of domestically made COVID-19 vaccine in Tehran

Sputnik is also a Danger . it didn't passed phase 3 human trial. And any country who use it is like it said you can do your phase say human trial on my nationals. I for certain won't use it.
By all these changes of virus how a vaccine is gonna immune us against it? I think at best it'd be something like Flu vaccine ...

By all these changes of virus how a vaccine is gonna immune us against it? I think at best it'd be something like Flu vaccine ...
well , there is difference between Influenza viruses and Corona Viruses . we hope the immunity will be longer and don't forget only one gen in viruses mutate at a time but the virus is consisted of different genes and they all must work for the virus to become virulent

Sputnik is also a Danger . it didn't passed phase 3 human trial. And any country who use it is like it said you can do your phase say human trial on my nationals. I for certain won't use it.

What people don’t understand is even if you want Moderna or Pfizer, you will not get it any time soon. There is huge demand for it.

Even UAE started using Chinese vaccine. Despite their Israel-UAE pact.

By the way, do you consider any chance of moderna or Pfizer vaccine sent to Iran being contaminated on purpose? Is that even a possibility for you?

Call it a covert attack with plausible deniability. Iran and US are at covert war with maximum deniability.

Any reasonable vaccine is better than no vaccine. Time matters until Iranian vaccine is mass produced.

Last edited:
By the way, do you consider any chance of moderna or Pfizer vaccine sent to Iran being contaminated on purpose? Is that even a possibility for you?
I doubt it if they are contaminated ,anybody can deny it . the needed procedure for producing , storing and delivering such vaccines is so demanding and strict that leave nearly zero chance for any accidental contamination. If there is contamination its certainly on purpose, but all is said i doubt any company would do that ,the backlash would be severe for that company and it certainly will be severe in loss of trustand future contracts and it will be devastating economically for the company that do that.

If there be any problem with moderna and Pfizer vaccine it probably be that the strict -70 cellisious needed for storage is not met or like Oxford-Astra Zeneca vaccine its of subpar quality (not all vaccine batch are of same quality but they have to met a certain minimum standards what happened there is that because of the high demand for the vaccine that company decided to deliver those subpar batches to some markets)

Well i consider pfizer more reasonable than sputnik at least that vaccine have necessary aprovals from relevant organization. The must reputable authority in iran about covid-19 is Dr. Mohrez and she also was very concerned about Sputnik vaccine and lack of reputable and enough data about it and expressed that she would never use it but she had no probleme about the chinese vaccine because there is enough data about it.

well , there is difference between Influenza viruses and Corona Viruses . we hope the immunity will be longer and don't forget only one gen in viruses mutate at a time but the virus is consisted of different genes and they all must work for the virus to become virulent
What is your idea?

Sputnik passed trials at least not less than all other leading vaccines. Now full interim Phase 3 trial results was published in The Lancet.
"(CNN)After criticism last year for an early rollout, Russia's Sputnik V vaccine is 91.6% effective against symptomatic Covid-19 and 100% effective against severe and moderate disease, according to an interim analysis of the vaccine's Phase 3 trial results.
The preliminary findings were published in The Lancet on Tuesday and are based on data gathered from 19,866 participants, of which around three-quarters (14,964) received two doses of the vaccine and a quarter (4,902) were given a placebo.
Sixteen cases of symptomatic Covid-19 were confirmed in the vaccine group 21 days after participants received the first vaccine dose. Sixty two cases were found in the placebo group -- equating to an efficacy of 91.6%.
The trial included 2,144 people over the age of 60 and a sub-analysis conducted on this group revealed the vaccine was well tolerated and had a similar efficacy of 91.8%.
The team also analyzed the efficacy of the vaccine against severe and moderate Covid-19 disease and 21 days after the first dose no severe or moderate cases were reported in the vaccinated group, while 20 were reported in the placebo group."
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/02/02/health/russia-sputnik-v-phase-3-intl/index.html

its sick how the Western countries dont allow vaccines to Iran totally unethical

well they only killed 900,000 babies in Iraq during the sanctions in 1990a because they didnt allow incubators

apparently incubators can be used as weapons of mass destruction

good luck hope the vaccine works

its sick how the Western countries dont allow vaccines to Iran totally unethical

well they only killed 900,000 babies in Iraq during the sanctions in 1990a because they didnt allow incubators

apparently incubators can be used as weapons of mass destruction

good luck hope the vaccine works

Stop spreading horseshit. There are vaccine shortages everywhere. Here in Canada, we import from EU and US and we cant get them either. The demand is high and the producers are oversaturated.

Sputnik passed trials at least not less than all other leading vaccines. Now full interim Phase 3 trial results was published in The Lancet.
"(CNN)After criticism last year for an early rollout, Russia's Sputnik V vaccine is 91.6% effective against symptomatic Covid-19 and 100% effective against severe and moderate disease, according to an interim analysis of the vaccine's Phase 3 trial results.
The preliminary findings were published in The Lancet on Tuesday and are based on data gathered from 19,866 participants, of which around three-quarters (14,964) received two doses of the vaccine and a quarter (4,902) were given a placebo.
Sixteen cases of symptomatic Covid-19 were confirmed in the vaccine group 21 days after participants received the first vaccine dose. Sixty two cases were found in the placebo group -- equating to an efficacy of 91.6%.
The trial included 2,144 people over the age of 60 and a sub-analysis conducted on this group revealed the vaccine was well tolerated and had a similar efficacy of 91.8%.
The team also analyzed the efficacy of the vaccine against severe and moderate Covid-19 disease and 21 days after the first dose no severe or moderate cases were reported in the vaccinated group, while 20 were reported in the placebo group."
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/02/02/health/russia-sputnik-v-phase-3-intl/index.html
Yes,its excellent to see that the controversy over the efficacy of the sputnik vaccine has been finally laid to rest,as this will potentially give iran another possible source of supply for stop gap vaccine imports until its own vaccine(s) can finally begin mass production in iran

They published the result yesterday . before that there was no result published about the vaccine and hence no phase 3 trial.
By the way i still have one concern about the vaccine and its that the vaccine is no tested against mutated strain of the viruses.

3052303.jpg

First Iranian Injection-Inhalation recombinant Covid-19 vaccine starts trials.
This is the fourth type of Iranian vaccine.

3052303.jpg

First Iranian Injection-Inhalation recombinant Covid-19 vaccine starts trials.
This is the fourth type of Iranian vaccine.

Iran ShifaPharmed Co. first Covid-19 vaccine dubbed Iran-Cov-Barkat

Iran Razi Pharmaceutical Co. second Covid-19 vaccine Razi Cov Pars

Back
Top Bottom