What's new

Iran and Saudi Arabia reportedly agree to resume diplomatic ties and re-open embassies within two months

The whole Emirati, Saudi, Qatari, Iraqi, Egyptian, Lebanese, Yemeni and Iranian media are welcoming this political development. But i see west is moaning.

@evrybody, ignore that corruptistan, stop quoting him. He is doing his job as a hired agent and a western oriented NATO/dollar supporting character.

The Americans are a big loser if KSA and Iran resolve their differences. Imagine KSA, Iran, China and Russia working together.

Very positive news, especially for the Muslim world.

Half of our problems relating to terrorism and insurgencies will be solved by these two countries not being at each other's necks.

The US-Soviet tussle has cost the world (especially the ME) too much over the past decades. Let's hope China does not go down that route and plays the role of a neutral mediator here. US had no interest in reconciliation between Iran and Saudis.

Good news.

But if it's actually serious, then expect some regime change/freedom/democracy in either of these countries or both.

The whole Emirati, Saudi, Qatari, Iraqi, Egyptian, Lebanese, Yemeni and Iranian media are welcoming this political development. But i see west is moaning.

@evrybody, ignore that corruptistan, stop quoting him. He is doing his job as a hired agent and a western oriented NATO/dollar supporting character.

More nonsense from this Iranian hypocrite that is praising Mullah's 24/7 while living in the same West (Europe).

Listen, unlike you, I am not a simpleton and slave that parrots whatever my regime is telling me blindly.

Yesterday you were insulting Arabs, KSA as usual 24/7, and now you are pretending that you are in love with Arabs and that you always wanted their friendship and what not.

And ask those in the Russia-Ukraine thread, if I am pro-NATO or pro-West or some of the users that I have discussed with in this thread.

I was called an "Russian agent" on numerous occasions.

This forum is nuts.

Very positive news, especially for the Muslim world.

Half of our problems relating to terrorism and insurgencies will be solved by these two countries not being at each other's necks.

The US-Soviet tussle has cost the world (especially the ME) too much over the past decades. Let's hope China does not go down that route and plays the role of a neutral mediator here. US had no interest in reconciliation between Iran and Saudis.

You are far overestimating the influence of KSA and Iran in the Muslim world. No amount of cheap words or signed agreements or deals are going to change anything on the ground by itself.

Concrete steps (genuine ground changes, in particular from the Iranian part) are needed and I will sing praises once that occurs.

Until then it is hot air by two regimes that are not representing their people fully or completely.

I predicted this over two years ago when some Arab posters here were angry that China was going to Iran's camp. Then later on, Iranian posters were angry that China was going to the Saudi camp.

The reality is that it is in China's interest for the Middle East to be peaceful and to focus on economic development. It's not just in China's interest but it's the Chinese way of doing things. Unlike the West, which needs the Middle East to be in chaos and mired in violence in order for Israel to maintain dominance in the region. China benefits from having stable, prosperous allies in the region among the actual major countries in the region (which Israel is not, it is a puny settler outpost), that is how China will maintain its influence and also be able to profit from its trade ties in addition to building up its alternative alliance system. China needs powerful allies as most of the currently powerful countries are in the US camp. So this is a logical policy on China's part.

I predicted this over two years ago when some Arab posters here were angry that China was going to Iran's camp. Then later on, Iranian posters were angry that China was going to the Saudi camp.

The reality is that it is in China's interest for the Middle East to be peaceful and to focus on economic development. It's not just in China's interest but it's the Chinese way of doing things. Unlike the West, which needs the Middle East to be in chaos and mired in violence in order for Israel to maintain dominance in the region. China benefits from having stable, prosperous allies in the region among the actual major countries in the region (which Israel is not, it is a puny settler outpost), that is how China will maintain its influence and also be able to profit from its trade ties in addition to building up its alternative alliance system. China needs powerful allies as most of the currently powerful countries are in the US camp. So this is a logical policy on China's part.
Exactly, do as the westerns did, integrate their economies while ensuring the non westerners do not

This is good. Iranians and gulfies are brotherly nations

Not correct, nor are Saudi Arabians "Gulfies". They are Arabs (Arabians) who inhabit the Arabian Peninsula. Nor do they speak Khaleeji Arabic dialects. Only a small minority in the coastal areas of Eastern KSA speak Arabic Khaleeji dialects. Those dialects are spoken from Iraq to Oman and even in Iran among Iranian Arab communities not in Khuzestan/Al-Ahwaz.

KSA is made up by several ancient historical regions (Northern Arabia, Southern Arabia, Hejaz, Najd, Eastern Arabia, historical region of Bahrain etc.). Most people live in Hejaz and their Arabic and culture and everything is more similar to Egypt and Levant in many ways than it is to UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain. Same with Najd which has many similarities with Iraq. South of KSA is similar to Yemen. Riyadh is a mixture of every region of KSA like every capital is, Tehran in Iran similarly and Istanbul in Turkey.

It is unbelievable

It is unbelievable that we are living in real time the encounter between the last version of the military Empire of the Romans and the Chinese Commercial Civilization.

For China this is mostly about ensuring energy supplies and preventing an potential (albeit always unlikely Arab-Iran war) as that would be catastrophical for China economically and in terms of steady and stabile energy supplies.

That and KSA/Arabs and China being giant trade partners, I think the combined Sino-Arab annual trade last year amounted to almost 250 billion USD.

Chinese Daily claimed 239 billion USD (annual trade) in 2021 (Covid era also).

September 2022

I think that in order for China to enforce the fullfilments of such a deal, China would need to have a direct presence in the region. This is not the case so far so there is no direct arbitrator from the Chinese part.

From what I know, China is only present in Djibouti next to the Arabs there and French.

Good news. But America and Israel will sabotage it.

Hello Saudi members who are reading this, we are now contractually obliged to be friends
200w.gif

Good news. But America and Israel will sabotage it.

Mate, I am a history buff, I grew up with Saudi Arabians and almost every nationality from the Muslim world.

You know what happened in the real world? During the 1960's and 1970's at the height of the late Shah's modernization/westernization project of Iran

side comment:

You know the few photos of Iranian women in Tehran that pro-Western and anti-Islam Iranians use of Iranian women in mini skirts etc. to somehow try to pretend that this was a representative picture of Iran in 1979 (where there was widespread illiteracy) etc.

, Saudi Arabian kings warned him that Iran is a majority Muslim country and that steps should be taken in a cautious and intelligent way rather than by force. This was after the Shah wrote letters to Arab monarchs and ask them to open up for Westernization or risk being overthrown.

There is famous later written by the late Iranian Shah (Reza) to King Faisal.

1678473954248.jpeg

CX5tCcDUwAEe9TL

When the Shah was forced into exile (To Arab countries no less - see Kuwait and Egypt), the first thing the Arab monarchs (KSA in question) did was to write a congratulatory letter to Khomeini where they stated their renewed hope in further improving bilateral relations.

In return Khomeini was propagandizing how those rulers were like the Shah (using the Iranian experience of theirs which was not present in KSA or elsewhere) and needed to be removed.

This kickstarted the current day conflict.

The Iranians blame Arabs (KSA and others) for Saddam's invasion of Iran in 1980 but that had nothing to do with Arabs. Other than the Arabs (naturally) supporting their own over that of a newly regime that publicly called for their removal and were actively sponsoring unrest in their countries.

And Iraq-Iran hostilities pre-date Mullah's and where already very bad during the Shah during to the Shat al-Arab dispute and other disputes and accusations.

So I am afraid that West is not needed for their to be rivalry/hostilities. Using the West/Israel all the time as an excuse is partially why the Muslim world is in the state it is in, too may conspiracy theories, too little critical thought process and too much blind beliefs in regimes and their actions or lack thereof.

Last edited:
You are far overestimating the influence of KSA and Iran in the Muslim world. No amount of cheap words or signed agreements or deals are going to change anything on the ground by itself.

You sir are far underestimating the influence of these two countries on the Muslim world, particularly the middle east.

Syria, Iraq, Yemen, African countries (they have other dynamics too though), the even Pakistan has been the battleground for these two countries through their proxies for years, if not decades. That is the sole reason of the conflicts.

Concrete steps (genuine ground changes, in particular from the Iranian part) are needed and I will sing praises once that occurs.

Until then it is hot air by two regimes that are not representing their people fully or completely.

I agree, actions speak louder than words, but it is time the west realizes that the rest of the world does not need to keep up with their demands and let the people of those countries live how they want and how they are content.

Back
Top Bottom