What's new

Iran - Ally or Foe for Pakistan

PakShah

Reaction score
Since 1979, Iran has supported India on many occasions.
Iran supports Indian interests by letting Indian invest in Chahbahar port.
Iran supports proxies in Afghanistan that are against Pakistan's interests.

What are your views on Iran?

Iran has a complex regional policy (Chabahar w/ India, pipeline w/ Pak, reportedly aids terrorism, wants US to exit from Afghanistan, poses a thread to Saudi monarch (supposedly) and hold anti terrorism conference...

terms of friends and foe in IR are objectable, prefer to build good relations with everybody as per Jinnah's saying... even if they currently dont exist.....

With Iran we should keep our relations casual. They don't support Pakistan in an out going fashion, but they do acknowledge the Kashmir issue.

Since 1979, Iran has supported India on many occasions.
Iran supports Indian interests by letting Indian invest in Chahbahar port.
Iran supports proxies in Afghanistan that are against Pakistan's interests.

What are your views on Iran?

Well an easy answer is, are Shias, Sunnis, Ahmediyas, Sufis etc all muslims and can you allow Allah to judge them instead of being Allah yourself?

Its the moot point.

Regds

Firstly be careful, some of our mods are very pro Iranian, anti arab, you could get banned for inciting sectarianism.

As long as Iran stick to Shia expansionism they will view sunni Pakistan as an enemy, they will oppose us in Afghanistan, and Baluchistan.

Remember how they came in like vultures into Afghanistan after the soviets left?

Secondly they heavily court India, they are building a competitor port to gwadar and always look to enhance ties with India, no matter how much India snub them.

So my perception of Iran is that they are slippery customers, they play the Palestine card, the Kashmir card when they want, but they do really care I don't think so.

However I wish it were not like this, but I don't look favourably on Iran right now.

With Iran we should keep our relations casual. They don't support Pakistan in an out going fashion, but they do acknowledge the Kashmir issue.

nopes...they saved india on crucial moment on kashmir issue by voting against the resolution.i cant tell the exact news but i tell u the result.

Firstly be careful, some of our mods are very pro Iranian, anti arab, you could get banned for inciting sectarianism.

As long as Iran stick to Shia expansionism they will view sunni Pakistan as an enemy, they will oppose us in Afghanistan, and Baluchistan.

Remember how they came in like vultures into Afghanistan after the soviets left?

Secondly they heavily court India, they are building a competitor port to gwadar and always look to enhance ties with India, no matter how much India snub them.

So my perception of Iran is that they are slippery customers, they play the Palestine card, the Kashmir card when they want, but they do really care I don't think so.

However I wish it were not like this, but I don't look favourably on Iran right now.

I am skeptical about Iran as well. When they look west they are making the right decisions, but they completely ignore their Eastern Front. Religious differences should not have them behave differently towards Pakistan, when Islam is used as a factor.

Ban me for telling the truth? On a realistic issue, there is a chasm between Shias and Sunnis and banning me is not going to help!
You may have read about 20+ people being shot dead by muslims for being muslims recently because they were going to Iran for a pilgrimage?

Well there lies the crux. Anyway thanks for your honest opinion.

Regds

I think for Pakistan National Interest

Iran + China + Turkey are must and including African and Middle eastern nations

Iran can solve our energy crisis , and we can get gas /oil via pipeline and save billions vs shipping routes
and also With China and Turkey we can develop our infrastructure in Country in engineering sector

Crucial states from Pakistan's perspective !!!

First of all, I put up this thread as a debate, I have not slandered Iran or people supporting Iran.
I put up my arguments. The strongest opinion is obviously the one with the strongest logic behind it.

All your arguments are correct and I agree with you on all your points.

I think for Pakistan National Interest

Iran + China + Turkey are must and including African and Middle eastern nations

Iran can solve our energy crisis , and we can get gas /oil via pipeline and save billions vs shipping routes
and also With China and Turkey we can develop our infrastructure in Country in engineering sector

Crucial states from Pakistan's perspective !!!

may be iran but forget turkey.

Iran is concerned about Iran, the mullahs use Shia Islam as a rallying call, but are they sincere to this belief, my feeling is they are more concerned about projecting Iranian power through whatever means they can.

The effect is bad, it divides the Muslim world.

Saudis also do this through wahabi's.

Notice how Pakistan is dragged in both directions as a result of this tussle?

I really laughed when they started talking about Kashmir....yea right, whatever!!!!

nopes...they saved india on crucial moment on kashmir issue by voting against the resolution.i cant tell the exact news but i tell u the result.

If what you're saying is true, then there is no need to support Iran, other than the economic benefits, Pakistan, is receiving from the Pipeline. Although, I would like to read about the source that you cannot provide at this time.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

There is also the fact that when AQ Khan helped Iran with their nuclear program, they back-stabbed Pakistan by saying, the Pakistanis have helped us.

If what you're saying is true, then there is no need to support Iran, other than the economic benefits, Pakistan, is receiving from the Pipeline. Although, I would like to read about the source that you cannot provide at this time.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

There is also the fact that when AQ Khan helped Iran they back-stabbed Pakistan by saying, the Pakistanis have helped us.

sorry man,its old news,may be 10 or more yrs earlier.
although discussions were carried out that india didnt return favor of kashmir voting while signing nuke deal with usa.

Ayatollah Khomeini lived a significant portion of his life in Kashmir, and I find it odd that he and his administration would not support the independence of Kashmir.

Back
Top Bottom