What's new

Iran allows visa-free travel for citizens of 7 countries

Egypt????

There is no diplomatic relation with Egypt, what the ****??????????????
Yeah its shyte crazy .

Turkey ? WTF ? if we have a suicide bomber in tehran for the first time ever , don't be much surprised .

it's like we're asking for it .

Egypt ? oh no i just did NOT read that

Funny thing is that Saudis are granted visa upon arrival in Iran (no pre-approval is required).
It's for humans and humans only .

no wahhabi is allowed .

Yeah its shyte crazy .

Turkey ? WTF ? if we have a suicide bomber in tehran for the first time ever , don't be much surprised .

it's like we're asking for it .

We have Visa Free agreement with Turkey, I think, for 40 years.

I think they should have also allowed in people without a visa from Japan, South Korea, Greece, Italy, Sweden, Norway and Austria.

Iran allows visa-free travel for citizens of 7 countries

Iran has revoked visa requirements for nationals of 7 countries as part of its plans to boost tourism industry in the country.

According to a report published by the Iranian media, citizens of Turkey, Lebanon, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Bolivia, Egypt and Syria can travel to Iran without visa.

Under the new visa requirement regulations, citizens from these countries can stay in Iran without visa from 15 to 90 days.

Iranian authorities have already started studying a visa waiver program under which visa limitations for citizens of 60 countries around the globe will be lifted.

The program is seen as part of the country’s plans to develop its tourism industry.

Iran has attached considerable significance to its booming tourism industry in recent years.

The country is seen as one of the world’s top potential tourist destinations as it holds countless ancient sites.

Iran is home to 19 historic sites which have been inscribed on UNESCO World Heritage List.

It has a diverse landscape and its tourism industry offers a myriad of recreational opportunities.

They range from hot mineral water showers in the northwest to hiking and skiing in the Alborz mountains to magnificent architectural sight-seeing in the center and beach holidays in the Persian Gulf and the Caspian Sea.

Apart from its glorious ancient sites, the country’s allure lies in its people’s reputation for hospitality.

Dude i hope Iran would give such a allowance to Indians..

Dude i hope Iran would give such a allowance to Indians..

I think they should, but I can understand why its a difficult decision. You guys are like 1.2 billion population, so it would be like making a decision for 20% of the world's population in one instant.

I think they should, but I can understand why its a difficult decision. You guys are like 1.2 billion population, so it would be like making a decision for 20% of the world's population in one instant.

Butyou also have to understand.. INdia has one of the largest Shia Muslim population, who would love to visit Iran.

Wierd that Armenia is not in the list but Georgia and Azerbaijan are. Doesnt Iran have very close relations with Armenia?

they have much better relations with Armenia, their ties with Azerbeyjan are not good at all

Butyou also have to understand.. INdia has one of the largest Shia Muslim population, who would love to visit Iran.

Pakistan has the 2nd largest Shiia population but isnt having this 'concession' either. It's more than just about religion or sect.

Pakistan is not in the list although I think its quite easy for Pakistanis to get a visa.

it's not hard at all....especially if it's for religious/spiritual reasons - which is why most people in Pakistan go there. Small number of business people go as well not sure what the policy is for business visa though maybe Iranian here could explain better

Armenia doesn't have 'very close' relations with Iran. overall, we have "Ok" relations with Caucasus countries.

Can you understand what you just wrote yourself?

Great, you should visit then, I thought you said that you love Persians. :lol:

On a serious note, you should visit if you can, maybe some of perceptions that you have been taught since childhood will change forever, I'm sure they will, almost every foreign tourist coming to Iran says that.

Me? No, thanks. It appears that this strange tolerant policy by the Iranian government was made mainly to facilitate the visits of Saudi Shias to you guys (compare this to the total ban on all visas for Iranians except Hajj and Umrah visas). In the 1970s, Iran was somehow an interesting travel area for many Saudis, and believe it or not a honey moon destination for some people (one of my mohter's cousins was an example). I am not in favor of that generally, but what I heared from some older folks was that Iran was somehow like Azerbejan today. People didn't immediately link it to Shiasim as they do today with all the quick negative feelings that this can cause. I mean there was not too much bragging about Shiasim or aiming unnecessarily to show the difference (which was turned into the absolute oppoosite after the catastrophe of Feb 1979).

Me? No, thanks. It appears that this strange tolerant policy by the Iranian government was made mainly to facilitate the visits of Saudi Shias to you guys (compare this to the total ban on all visas for Iranians except Hajj and Umrah visas). In the 1970s, Iran was somehow an interesting travel area for many Saudis, and believe it or not a honey moon destination for some people (one of my mohter's cousins was an example). I am not in favor of that generally, but what I heared from some older folks was that Iran was somehow like Azerbejan today. People didn't immediately link it to Shiasim as they do today with all the quick negative feelings that this can cause. I mean there was not too much bragging about Shiasim or aiming unnecessarily to show the difference (which was turned into the absolute oppoosite after the catastrophe of Feb 1979).
I promise if you come to Iran I will make you Shia. Not myself but I know some religious friends who are also well Arab speakers. After 2 hours you will become Shia. :toast_sign:
Admit it, you guys secretly love each other.
It isn't because of love, it is because we go to hajj and Shia saudis come to visit Ahlulbayt shrines as well as.
I have seen thousands or even better to say millions Bahrainis, Iraqis and Saudis in Mashhad and Qom.

[

well I hope so. MSM can brain wash people.
but if you are deciding to travel to Iran you are probably open minded.

I wouldn't mind traveling to Iran one day :D

probably safer than vacationing in North Africa.

Well i have been to quite a few countries in north africa and subshran africa never been to Iran though, been thinking about visting the country, but stil not made up my mind due to the new islamic laws the leaders keep bringing up. You never know what can happen to you.

However, judging by irans new leader pragmatism and him being a moderate, he seems to really want to change things in Iran for the best and open up/reform the country. So if i ever visit it will be because of his moderate policies, since i believe he can change Iran more than his predecessors.
But first he needs to repel laws like

Iran detains UK citizen over ban on women watching sports alongside men | World news | The Guardian

Iran bans 'homosexual' and 'devil worshipping' hairstyles | World news | The Guardian

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Iran president bans Western music
:tsk:

Notice that perception matters ALOT (sometimes even more than realitu.lol) in foreign affairs and even more so for tourism, once your reputation has been is bad, then forget about tourists visiting in droves. :)

Well i have been to quite a few countries in north africa and subshran africa never been to Iran though, been thinking about visting the country, but stil not made up my mind due to the new islamic laws the leaders keep bringing up. You never know what can happen to you.

However, judging by irans new leader pragmatism and him being a moderate, he seems to really want to change things in Iran for the best and open up/reform the country. So if i ever visit it will be because of his moderate policies, since i believe he can change Iran more than his predecessors.
But first he needs to repel laws like

Iran detains UK citizen over ban on women watching sports alongside men | World news | The Guardian

Iran bans 'homosexual' and 'devil worshipping' hairstyles | World news | The Guardian

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Iran president bans Western music
:tsk:

Notice that perception matters ALOT (sometimes even more than realitu.lol) in foreign affairs and even more so for tourism, once your reputation has been is bad, then forget about tourists visiting in droves. :)
@Serpentine Will you please ban this brit troll?

Brit hedgehog never try to talk about our culture or Islam. I've been in brit, Iranian life is much more cheery, active and beautiful than you brits. Iranians wear hijab but they dress much better than your typical and ugly clothes in brit. Brits are much depressed and moody. It is rain all and all again there is almost no light and sunlight and people are always moody and depressed. If you live in Iran for one month you will understand what life is.

Meanwhile your country compared to US is nothing but village!

Last edited:
@Serpentine Will you please ban this brit troll?

Brit hedgehog never try to talk about our culture or Islam. I've been in brit, Iranian life is much more cheery and beautiful than you brits. Iranians wear human but they dress much better than your typical and ugly clothes in brit. Brits are much depressed and moody. It is rain all and all all again there is almost no light and sunlight.

Lol calm down bro . No need for personal attacks, we are merely having a debate, afterall this is a discussion forum. Not an insult forum. Im jus making my ow personal impartial observation, not like i have anything personal against Iran, why will i? You are not our rival, neither has iran ever been hostile/done something wrong to britain or whatever. So chill my man, drink sone coffee it soothes nerves. :coffee:

i never said anything about your culture, or is banning 'western music' part of your culture? Is banning women from going to stadium your culture? IS preventing men from having the type of hairstyle the want your culture?
Seems KSA and Iran are on the same page about 'culture ' then if thats the case. :undecided: Moreover if your lifestyle was so good/advanced than britain as you claim, your youths wont be immigrating to britain/Europe and U.S in huge numbers the way they are doing ,with no intention of returning back to Iran. So think about it more bro:)

Why Bolivia....why why!!
Ahahahahah.........bolivia must be vey surprised. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom