What's new

Interview with new SSM Prof.Dr. İsmail Demir @ Eurosatory 2014

how does it supposed to happen?
We sell parts,

Where do you think central F35 fuselages of British F35s come from?
From TAI
But we have to build an indigenous fighter jet one day. If we dont build now then we will build 30 years + from now when the f 35 needs to be replaced.
Doesn't have to be 30 years later.

20 years from now there will be more efficient engines with better TWR

Our engine industry might be able to catch up with the world by then, as I've said in other threads it'll be much better for us to develop civilian airliners in the meantime

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if i should join this discussion or not :)

We sell parts, dumass

Where do you think central F35 fuselages of British F35s come from?
From TAI

Doesn't have to be 30 years later.

20 years from now there will be more efficient engines with better TWR

Our engine industry might be able to catch up with the world by then, as I've said in other threads it'll be much better for us to develop civilian airliners in the meantime
You are talking non-sense mate. Do you know how much 200 of F-35 would cost? It would probably cost 60-70 billion dollars. Let alone the maintenance, training, ... costs which is usually 2-3 times of the price of the jets alone. what would be the total revenue of Turkey from the whole project? Is the revenue of Turkey 200 billion dollars from F-35 project?!!!

You are talking non-sense mate. Do you know how much 200 of F-35 would cost? It would probably cost 60-70 billion dollars. Let alone the maintenance, training, ... costs which is usually 2-3 times of the price of the jets alone. what would be the total revenue of Turkey from the whole project? Is the revenue of Turkey 200 billion dollars from F-35 project?!!!
I'm giving you official numbers, our offset ratio is above %100
go educate yourself instead of wasting my time

Why are you fighting with me?!!! I simply asked a question and gave an estimate. Do you have any official estimate which indicates the revenue, profit, costs, ... accurately? If yes, mention it here, otherwise, STFU.

Please provide a link to an official source showing what the offset % is for Turkey, and stop insulting people who question you. Apparently you learned nothing from your recent ban.

Why are you fighting with me?!!! I simply asked a question and gave an estimate. Do you have any official estimate which indicates the revenue, profit, costs, ... accurately? If yes, mention it here, otherwise, STFU.
Fvcking google it, fvcking search the forum, I don't have FUCKING time

TAI alone will produce some 400+ F35 mid sections, there's an entire manifest of these items somewhere in this very forum.

TFX won't be any cheaper than F35 and the best engine option is still the PW F135. I wrote these things over and over in the relevant threads.

Last edited:
@LegionnairE , you're on roll again :)

İsn't the offset ratio based on the procurement of 100 birdies? İ mean, buying an extra 100 birds won't bring more money in to the country. İn fact it will decrease the offset ratio, which you claim to be 100% to a 50%.

@LegionnairE , you're on roll again :)

İsn't the offset ratio based on the procurement of 100 birdies? İ mean, buying an extra 100 birds won't bring more money in to the country. İn fact it will decrease the offset ratio, which you claim to be 100% to a 50%.
Way over %50, we're producing parts for our own planes and you're disregarding the fact that I've said above the engine assembly lines may also be brought to Turkey, things that weren't feasible for 100 planes will be feasible for 200 planes.

TFX national contribution ratio will be barely above that I assure you. With the same engine with F35 and similiar capabilities it'll be just a HUGE waste of R&D resources.

We can't sell TFX to anyone we like, the engine(s) will still be American or by some huge mistake British. Why bother? Other countries decide to buy F35 we still earn money. There's very, very little point of TFX.

Guys, @LegionnairE has a point. If you don't agree with him. Show your reasons, please.

Main & most important reason is T/F-X will be OUR fighter jet and this is a priceless thing...

Everytime people talk about Cyprus ambargo, and they just talk...

Foreign engine ?.. It will be built also... Step by step...

As everyone knows in defence matters money comes after country security... If there is no country then wtf is Turkish Lira ?..

Also you will see that with this project we will earn so much money too... Also money will stay inside...

There are so many thing to reply legi but no need because subject is as simple as this... 'Our Security'

Guys, @LegionnairE has a point. If you don't agree with him. Show your reasons, please.

That's simple to show mate. consider that Turkey is supposed to deliver parts for X number of aircrafts, and it would cover the costs for 100 aircrafts for Turkey. Now, if turkey wants to cover costs for 200 aircrafts, then Turkey would need to deliver parts, ... for 2*X aircrafts. If the number of built F-35 in the world gets doubled and Turkey maintains its share, then 200 jets costs would be covered, otherwise it won't happen which it would be the case ;)
BTW, As I said before, in contrast to common people opinion, the aircraft cost is not only the purchase cost that you see in different websites. In fact, there would be maintenance, training, ... costs which are about 2-3 times of the original unit cost of aircraft. Even if you provide some parts, still it would not compensate these costs.

That's simple to show mate. consider that Turkey is supposed to deliver parts for X number of aircrafts, and it would cover the costs for 100 aircrafts for Turkey. Now, if turkey wants to cover costs for 200 aircrafts, then Turkey would need to deliver parts, ... for 2*X aircrafts. If the number of built F-35 in the world gets doubled and Turkey maintains its share, then 200 jets costs would be covered, otherwise it won't happen which it would be the case ;)
BTW, As I said before, in contrast to common people opinion, the aircraft cost is not only the purchase cost that you see in different websites. In fact, there would be maintenance, training, ... costs which are about 2-3 times of the original unit cost of aircraft. Even if you provide some parts, still it would not compensate these costs.

I don't have quiete knowledge about off-set agreement but i know we are buying around 100 and total aircraft to be produced is around 2000. If we are goingto sell parts for 2000 aircraft it might be possible to cover for 100 aircrafts.

The thing leggy saying is we should double our number to 200 and produce more stuff sell (F-135 engine for example).

I don't have quiete knowledge about off-set agreement but i know we are buying around 100 and total aircraft to be produced is around 2000. If we are goingto sell parts for 2000 aircraft it might be possible to cover for 100 aircrafts.
The thing leggy saying is we should double our number to 200 and produce more stuff sell (F-135 engine for example).
Even if turkey doubles its share from providing parts, which other participants would have objection about it, it would only cover the initial cost to buy the aircrafts and does not cover costs for training, maintenance, ...
Other participants would obviously want to sell more as well, so they would not let others to take their share. Anyway, I don't know how this official quote is saying that 100 aircrafts costs would be covered, when there is no price finalized for F-35 project. That looks like a scam. ;)

Back
Top Bottom