What's new

International Mathematical Olympiad 2013 results

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is more clarified, look how they are having separate symbols for 10,100, 1000 etc. and 3 digit number using 5 symbols. :laugh: Superior Indian numeral was right candidate to replace it. :victory:

458-chinese2.jpg

We have more complicated writing system for numbers, it's specifically used for currency.
QQ截图20140211071738.jpg

Err, Walmart is also their customer. Not really an expensive fashion label, ey?

According to the latest stats, over 50 % of China's population are urban, which means that at least 50 % of Chinese are on average taller than Indians. In addition to that the stats from other sources such as WHO, which certainly include the rural population also show that Chinese are taller than Indians.

You have yet to show sources that Indians are taller than Chinese!

When did I ever claim that Indians on an average are taller than the Chinese?I am just disputing the 5'8" average Chinese height figure. :crazy:

Even if we were to accept the Alvanon figure as representative of the Urban Chinese population, that still leaves 50% of the population. Bottom line once again, Chinese average male height is not 5'8".

Last edited:
When did I ever claim that Indians on an average are taller than the Chinese?I am just disputing the 5'8" average Chinese height figure. :crazy:

Even if we were to accept the Alvanon figure as representative of the Urban Chinese population, that still leaves 50% of the population. Bottom line once again, Chinese average male height is not 5'8".

Since you have nothing to ascertain that rural Chinese are significantly smaller than urban Chinese and that the measures taken by Alvenon are 100 % from urban folks, we have to accept that the total average male height is not far from 5'8".

Anyway, we are way off topic now.

We are no good at all at this Math Olympiad, just a bit better than India is for a high tech country unacceptable! :hitwall:

He is just butthurt that people chucked the inferior and primitive Chinese numeral system in the bin.

500px-Huama_numerals.svg.png
:lol:

Counting system is like a measurement unit, it is not an advanced math by itself. The world already knew how to count, what exactly groundbreaking about it. And it was improvised and made popular by Muslims Arabs. :lol:
No is butthurting, rather you're chest thumping in own delusional LOL. We invented the first decimal system fraction, you don't hear us bragging like you indians. :rofl:

Since you have nothing to ascertain that rural Chinese are significantly smaller than urban Chinese and that the measures taken by Alvenon are 100 % from urban folks, we have to accept that the total average male height is not far from 5'8".

Anyway, we are way off topic now.

We are no good at all at this Math Olympiad, just a bit better than India is for a high tech country unacceptable! :hitwall:

Well its not just the Rural and Urban divide, its also the Upper class, middle class and lower class divide. Lets's face it, majority of the people frequenting the shopping malls and department stores are more on the affluent side.

Here's a comparison of average height of 18 year old between India and China, both studies were done around the same time.

China.

upload_2014-2-11_19-25-1.png

http://www.krepublishers.com/02-Jou...-Xiu-Z/Anth-13-2-103-11-631-Ying-Xiu-Z-Tt.pdf

Average 18 year old Urban Chinese Male height is 171.89 cm. Average 18 year old Rural Chinese Male height is 170.15 cm.

Since about 50% live in rural areas and the rest in in Urban areas, average height of an 18 year old Chinese male should be 171 cm.

India

upload_2014-2-11_20-1-48.png

1fhdgz.png

Nationwide reference data for heigh... [Natl Med J India. 2011 Sep-Oct] - PubMed - NCBI

Now if we take the 50th percentile as the average height of a
18 year old Urban Indian Male, its 171.6 cm, same as the Urban 18 year old Chinese( 171.89cm). This mind you when China is better fed, has better health and medical facilities and is more affluent compared to India. Which proves Indians on an average are bigger than the Chinese.

P.S: Stop pretending to be a German, we all know you are not ! :azn: :china:

Last edited:
these results are all nuanced and and some host countries are infamous on gerrymandering the results in their countries...

World Student Rankings: China Is Cheating the PISA System | TIME.com

LOL, Sore losers! This controversial article has been debunked by the director of OECD who runs PISA test
OECD educationtoday: Are the Chinese cheating in PISA or are we cheating ourselves?

So China cheated International maths Olympia too? Can we be cheating every year, we came in first mostly. Spare me this forum your asininity.

Well its not just the Rural and Urban divide, its also the Upper class, middle class and lower class divide. Lets's face it, majority of the people frequenting the shopping malls and department stores are more on the affluent side.

Here's a comparison of average height of 18 year old between India and China, both studies were done around the same time.

China.

http://www.krepublishers.com/02-Jou...-Xiu-Z/Anth-13-2-103-11-631-Ying-Xiu-Z-Tt.pdf

Average 18 year old Urban Chinese Male height is 171.89 cm. Average 18 year old Rural Chinese Male height is 170.15 cm.

Since about 50% live in rural areas and the rest in in Urban areas, average height of an 18 year old Chinese male should be 171 cm.

India

1fhdgz.png

Nationwide reference data for heigh... [Natl Med J India. 2011 Sep-Oct] - PubMed - NCBI

Now if we take the 50th percentile as the average height of a
18 year old Urban Indian Male, its 171.6 cm, same as the Urban 18 year old Chinese( 171.89cm). This mind you when China is better fed, has better health and medical facilities and is more affluent compared to India. Which proves Indians on an average are bigger than the Chinese.

P.S: Stop pretending to be a German, we all know you are not ! :azn: :china:

Too bad that just a bit of over 30 % of Indians are urban and almost 70 % are rural. ;)

I don't have to pretend anything, I know who I am. :)

LOL, Sore losers! This controversial article has been debunked by the director of OECD who runs PISA test
OECD educationtoday: Are the Chinese cheating in PISA or are we cheating ourselves?

So China cheated International maths Olympia too? Can we be cheating every year, we came in first mostly. Spare me this forum your asininity.

OECD coming to rescue of their reputation , OMG LOL

even in the article they said the chinese said this and the students said that... we all know how censorship and sheep mentality works there. In other countries students are free to opine, without govt. minders over their shoulders.

Truth is evident and well documented in what we see in the real world- the chinese are not considered innovators.

Oh..!!! you are such an acrimonious fellow....
you go and learn some maths....that will help you ....;)

I give credit when credit is due. Everything I said about indian maths is factual, your numeral came around 500 AD and Bragumapta completed it with the use of zero in 650 AD.

I give credit when credit is due. Everything I said about indian maths is factual, your numeral came around 500 AD and Bragumapta completed it with the use of zero in 650 AD.
Oh...common no need to embarrass yourself......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom