What's new

International Fleet Review 2016 ---- IFR 2016

I would say the Saryu class (or a derivative thereof) has to be a leading contender for the IN's NGMV requirement. Fit her with a PDS (Barak-1/Maitri) and 8 inclined Brahmos launchers and you have a devestating stand alone fighter on your hand
Are even I was about to say the same saryu for NGMV............only have to adjust the upper
structure..............PDMS at front and inclined SSM at middle and radar at top of the tower

output_mttb2g.gif

I am not sure about 8 brahmos too big for saryu class..........may be NSM or harpoon
There was news about NSM being adopted for shore defence since brahmos is costly.....so there is a chance for nsm
I know Pipav is also making 5 NOPVs of a similar(ish) design

Those are for CG

Last edited:
OK i havent seen this design ......this one is quite interesting ......has US navy vessels influence ....these can also be used for NGMV
Yes, i thought it had certain American influences when I first saw the CGI. The first in class set to enter service in a few months (by June) and I'm interested to see the finished product.

Any info on the L&T OPVs being built for the ICG?

@PARIKRAMA @Capt.Popeye @acetophenol @Chanakya's_Chant

Yesterday I was in vizag, rk beach. So mush haze line of sight was limited. However, there was one thatthat seems like a kilo class sub with some tugs gantry cranes. Had to leave before the haze lifted.

Holyyyyyy Fuuuuck... I know IN was strong... But never knew this strong... @samlove you're fukcing awesome

IFR 2016: PM Modi to take dive in nuclear submarine

New Delhi

Prime Minister Narendra Modi will have a dive in nuclear submarine during the International Fleet Review (IFR) 2016.

"On February 7, Mr Modi will be presiding over Op Demo and International city parade," the Navy official has confirmed. Mr Modi will be the second Prime Minister to embark on a nuclear submarine after Rajiv Gandhi, who had personally oversaw the commissioning of INS Chakra on February 3, 1988 by sailing in the underwater nuclear powered vessel.

What is special this year is that this edition will be the biggest IFR event that has taken place in India. The last one was in Mumbai in 2001 and saw the participation of 29 countries.

From February 4 to February 8, a spectacle is going to unfold in Vishakapatanam. The prowess of the Indian Navy will be on display during the IFR 2016. According to reports, 51 maritime countries will be participating in the event.

Watch Video of Indian Navy Sea Harriers doing hover on the RK beach |

Skycats WingWalker - - Sweden!!
CaNy9oHUEAAb5oS.jpg

The labour at d site of MAREX (Maritime Exhibition) could put 'Break Neck' speed to shame....some glimpses

CaNxWN9UYAAT1mE.jpg
CaNxeHXUkAA9OPZ.jpg
CaNxa2oUsAAjceu.jpg
CaNxYlQVAAAurOU.jpg

A must visit place.IFR Village at AU grounds. Vast cultural diversity at display with folk dances thrown in
CaNupcnUsAABmZb.jpg
CaNurfVUMAAQkJQ.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom