Spectacular frames of a fighter jet taking off from a carrier, IFR2016
rehearsals.

CZ9N_NYVIAAzEgy.jpg
CZ9N_cxVIAAOjKo.jpg
CZ9N_dgUMAAlt4r.jpg
CZ5GSXfUcAMPfd7.jpg
CZ5GTFwUYAAsgjK.jpg
CZ5CAhRVIAA6WuF.jpg

First look of the Presidential Yacht. The President alongwith PM & other cabinet minister shall sail on her

CaClFTQVIAAmsK2.jpg

this is one if the latest pics of INS Viraat with her deck full of Fighters & Seaking 42B ASW helicopters.
CaCoJBZUUAAZrw0.jpg

A look inside her hangar....Impressive isn't it...
CaCodBBUcAAlIgS.jpg

The two carriers - pride of the Indian Navy decked up for IFR
CaDRT7IUsAALkCH.jpg

CaDch_dVAAEie2y.jpg

CZ91aKHUsAA9yux.jpg

This is how the Review Column (ships having the President, PM & other dignitaries) shall look on the D Day

CaCQvDfUcAE58As.jpg
CaCTFsvUAAA238p.jpg
CaCTGIOUkAEPXn-.jpg
CaCTFvAUsAAi0Me.jpg
CaCQxzDVAAArlrz.jpg
CaCQupqUcAA99ht.jpg
Those Saryu OPVs are beauties.

When you see these slick designs being produced from Indian designers in Indian shipyards and being one of the smallest ships in IN service, you know the IN is on the right path.

I'm sure a lot of navies would be interested in a >2,400 ton OPV/frigate (depending on their classification) of such advanced construction, India really needs to market them far more aggresively- the maritime defence industry is an unappreiacted success story.

@PARIKRAMA @acetophenol @MilSpec @Capt.Popeye @Penguin @Koovie @Levina @Skull and Bones

Those Saryu OPVs are beauties.

When you see these slick designs being produced from Indian designers in Indian shipyards and being one of the smallest ships in IN service, you know the IN is on the right path.

I'm sure a lot of navies would be interested in a >2,400 ton OPV/frigate (depending on their classification) of such advanced construction, India really needs to market them far more aggresively- the maritime defence industry is an unappreiacted success story.
I am really interested in saryu to be modified for light frigate or corvette :partay:..........with mast mounted radar coupled with maitri SRSAM(if ready) for self defence and SSM like NSM or torpedo it will be stronger then some of frigate in neighbor hood :azn:

Last edited:
I am really interested in saryu to be modified for light frigate or corvette :partay:..........with mast mounted radar coupled with maitri SRSAM(if ready) for self defence and SSM like NSM or torpedo it will be stronger then some of frigate in neighbor hood :azn:
Well it's all about the IN's specifications. This hull can be used for mulitple roles and outfitted accordingly depending on user requirements. The IN required a high endurance Offshore Patrol Vessel (to be deployed down in A&N islands as well as to releive its higher end surface craft from anti-piracy operations in the Gulf of Aden) and thus the Saryu was outfitted accordingly.

I would say the Saryu class (or a derivative thereof) has to be a leading contender for the IN's NGMV requirement. Fit her with a PDS (Barak-1/Maitri) and 8 inclined Brahmos launchers and you have a devestating stand alone fighter on your hands.

+ I also think it would be crazy if only 4 vessels of this design were ever created, I know Pipav is also making 5 NOPVs of a similar(ish) design but even still, 4 is far too few. When you have success you should milk it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom