What's new

Interior Minister: there are 10,000 TTP militants active in Pakistan.

10 000 is far under the real number.
My guess is their around 35 000 in number inside Pakistan and Afghanistan.

If the army and establishment werent so busy pulling political stunts this wouldn’t have happened.
History repeating itself when general ayub was lashing out at ISI for not giving them a heads-up about indias plans for lahore.
ISI replied Sir if we weren’t so busy playing politics we would have know about indias plans. So go Lumber 1
But ISI is meant to have multiple wings and departments monitoring things simultaneously...

I don't think these 10k TTP have killed more people than Rana Sana,
Shahbaz and Nawaz.

Nawaz/ Shahbaz and Rana have killed thousands in fake encounters,
model town incident was done live on TV. When you have these
terrorists in Government then don't blame people for joining TTP.

The figure being thrown around is between 7000-10000 core fighters with around 25,000 (family members) so you are looking at around 35,000 TTP affiliated people operating in Pakistan.

@undercover JIX

You remember what I replied to your post when you said to stop weapon, explosives and humans regarding border control.

They are already sitting with in borders.

10,000 is an estimated number, they are much more in number and with in our society, living with families. Now you see why iIsaid that boat has sailed.
I understand that, but, is not it our Agencies job to keep an eye on these activities with our borders. Hence, the reason I keep saying it, they need to do their job. We are long enough in this game and mess to not know from where they are coming and going and who they are, not ignoring the fact our connections with outfits.

I understand that, but, is not it our Agencies job to keep an eye on these activities with our borders. Hence, the reason I keep saying it, they need to do their job. We are long enough in this game and mess to not know from where they are coming and going and who they are, not ignoring the fact our connections with outfits.
Not just the agencies, but the paramilitary forces who patrol the border, however, the most significant factor stands even now, these terrorist elements are born through religious extremism in Pakistan's society. No agency in the world or Army can control that single handedly. This is the job of Government on all levels including education department and religious affairs department.

The lineage of TTP goes into a few directions, one of them being their settlement in FATA and why TTP wants to start taking over Pakistan from FATA. I have explained the history of FATA already.

Bottom line- control the border, conduct internal Ops in cities, and towns - but the issue still stands:
The ingress of TTP within Pakistan's society, families in society, relatives, contacts- a whole system has been set up. A military operation is not the solution. Send in ISI but they can give reports and add to database. Government at all levels has to curb extremism through education in religious tolerance and reforms to eradicate extremism from society.

FlKgRrtXoAEADRL

Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah has said that the number of Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) fighters in the region was between 7,000 to 10,000, adding that some of the militants who had previously laid down arms have now secretly resumed activities.

In an interview with Dawn News TV programme Live with Adil Shahzeb on Tuesday, he revealed that there were around 7,000 to 10,000 TTP fighters in the region and they were accompanied by 25,000 members of their families.

Sanaullah pointed out that some locals were also involved in crimes such as extortion and blackmail and alleged that the provincial government had failed to stop them.

“The biggest reason for this is the failure of [the] Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government and Counter Terrorism Department […] It is their job to stop it.”

Sanaullah said that Pakistan had its army for the protection of the borders, adding that if the provincial government can not handle the situation, it can request the federal government. “The army will eliminate all such elements of terrorism.”

Commenting on the prevalent viewpoint that TTP took the dialogue and ceasefire excuse to regroup, Sanaullah said the group never scattered and was further bolstered by the success of the Afghan Taliban.

Agreeing with the idea of an all-parties conference or a national security meeting on the emerging threat of terrorism, the minister said such huddles must take place but stressed that the KP government first needed to sit with the federal government and talk.

“The KP government needs to inform the federal government about the law and order in the province — counter-terrorism department is in perils and the police are demoralised — and ask what help the Centre can extend and it is ready to assist them.

“We held two meetings in Islamabad where the chief minister was invited but the latter didn’t show up as he was planning to mount on the capital [for a long march] and was not allowed by party chief Imran Khan,” Sanaullah claimed.

imagine, who gave him these numbers...how he is so confident that his numbers are correct. Even round figures ..

The figure being thrown around is between 7000-10000 core fighters with around 25,000 (family members) so you are looking at around 35,000 TTP affiliated people operating in Pakistan.

Once an op starts, expect this number to reach 50k.

There are many TTP sympathizers in our major cities, who are like dormant insects.

Once an op starts, expect this number to reach 50k.

There are many TTP sympathizers in our major cities, who are like dormant insects.
Do you remember ....

Breaking the silence: Fazl asks TTP to stop attacks on candidates​

Says ANP, MQM and PPP failed to control terrorism, have no political standing.

Zulfiqar AliMay 03, 2013

maulana fazlur rehman photo file

Maulana Fazlur Rehman. PHOTO: FILE

DERA ISMAIL KHAN:

Maulana Fazlur Rehman appealed to the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) on Thursday to not carry out attacks on candidates from political parties including the Awami National Party (ANP), Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) and the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM).

Back
Top Bottom