What's new

Interior decoration

@Manticore
What are your plans for internal and external flooring? If you are planning Laminates, engineered or hard wood I could be of help. Also could help you with WPC and solid Decking.
thankyou!

in the past ive some renovation experience however building a 6bedroom house for my parents from the ground up is totally new to me. the design of the house is great.. me and my mom did a great job.. infact the same blue print has been selected by 20 of the architect's clients

my parents will be living in a bedroom on ground floor, so ive not started finishing from the ground floor, rather from the first floor -- a lot of things look good in shops but when actually put in the house look avarage-- and we want to change in hindsight .. thats why i wanted to try out some things on the first floor before venturing into the place where we will 'actually'' hopefully be living

i have a delima .. my archetect doesnt want to leave soil right next to the building on all 4 sides -- i wanted to put grass every where.. rather he wanted to put concrete and get a ''pakka frush'' to stop any possible seepage------- it is this pukka frush that i need to cover -- either with turf tiles which dont have in built pockets to put soil/grass [ pockets will make it difficult to walk in heals in rain] .. and dont want to make it simple slippery marble aswell

the 8x70feet back , 5x120 feet side and 35x33 feet porch needs to be covered with a classy yet rugged thingy .. so it cant be a wooden thing as it will wear out soon

house is on 1 kanal, 1 kanal on its side is left for a lawn -- however i wanted to use the borders/sides of the constructed 1 canal so as to merge it with the lawn greenery.. even tried a sample of artificial pool grass

XXUWDcW.jpg
dClm7A6.jpg

I like the minimalist Look....

these are my two options.. however i would be going to the markets myself.. as i hate both these options

688kGp6.jpg

HMgkqkx.png

@Manticore
What are your plans for internal and external flooring? If you are planning Laminates, engineered or hard wood I could be of help. Also could help you with WPC and solid Decking.
uS8dc3I.jpg

RiJKCaj.jpg
sYrjTtH.jpg

these3 are options for the lawn

what do you think about these bricks for the porch / car driveway ? would they be sturdy enough as compared to turf tiles?
frUBPoi.jpg
o5YwL9e.png

Last edited:
i have a delima .. my archetect doesnt want to leave soil right next to the building on all 4 sides -- i wanted to put grass every where.. rather he wanted to put concrete and get a ''pakka frush'' to stop any possible seepage------- i

Are termites an issue? If so I can see his reasoning.

Are termites an issue? If so I can see his reasoning.
we have done two seperate termite treatments during construction ... one the medicine, the other is the desi one i.e putting used motor oil

termites are relatively prevalent

ive heard bamboos keep the termites away? hahaha

yGf3CDz.png
2mEsM0c.jpg
sPFXckx.png

will try to find something like this

Last edited:
we have done two seperate termite treatments during construction ... one the medicine, the other is the desi one i.e putting used motor oil

termites are relatively prevalent

ive heard bamboos keep the termites away? hahaha

The "theory" is that termites don't like the air gaps in stone so they won't build through it. So people (including myself) keep a 1/2 meter barrier of crushed stone between the foundation and the edge of the grass

image.jpg

Last edited:
these 3 designs were rejected by my architect :(

Reasons given?

The first one probably because the door is too close to the ground and the deck is going to be a moisture trapper asking for water damage and termites (they like moisture).

As for the flat stone paths..well I had one and ripped it out (replaced with brick). It just never stayed flat ( I didn't install it) and were too small to be realistic.

Reasons given?

The first one probably because the door is too close to the ground and the deck is going to be a moisture trapper asking for water damage and termites (they like moisture).

As for the flat stone paths..well I had one and ripped it out (replaced with brick). It just never stayed flat ( I didn't install it) and were too small to be realistic.
affecting structural integrity in all 3 cases according to him

Really? Is he thinking a small contained space is a drainage issue and you'll have a swamp after the first big rainstorm causing land instability?
he doesnt want the water to stagnate -- he argues that if i put an extra rain water open drainage with steel grill cover on top of it, running around the entire length of the borders of the house, it will leave little actual soil to grow grass anyway

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom