What's new

Interceptor missile designed to destroy enemy missiles successfully tested

this ABM will only prevent Pakistani missiles from hitting indian soil. We need to develop an ASAT ASAP.:hitwall::hitwall:

Warmonger's Indians////china should attack them at quick

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

we will create laser too to take you out of kashmir ......pakistan paindabad

some one asked for troll.. u got it..

btw Indian stability is important for your country too..

dont reply to him guys..just report his offensive posts..mods will take care of him

This is the very good news in the begging of 2012....:yahoo:, great job done by our scientists and defence experts.. I'm awaiting for Agni 5 test .... now our hostile nations will have nightmares in their deep sleeping..

Guys something very important...........

Following thing highlighted in the article is extremely significant.

The Mission Control Centre for the AAD interceptor trial held on 10th February 2012 was deployed in Master-Slave configuration at DRDO Hyderabad and Wheeler Island, Orissa to ensure high availability with built in fault tolerance at each location.

The Mission Control Centre of the Indian BMD programme is one of the most advanced, automated net-centric Command and Control systems in the world.

The Master MCC located more than a thousand kilometer away at Hyderabad from the Missile test range, received the target data in real time from multiple weapon system radars. The complete Air Situation Picture during the BMD trial was provided to the MCC commander using advanced data fusion and target classification techniques.

After the classification of the target as an enemy Ballistic missile, Mission Control Centre issued engagement orders to the AAD Launch Centre located at Wheeler island in Dhamra.

The complete engagement sequence from target detection to destruction was controlled by Mission Control Centre in net-centric mode of operation. The interceptor missile lifted off from Wheeler island destroying the target at an altitude of 15 km.

The AAD Trial has successfully demonstrated complete functionality in deployment configuration of Mission Control Centre for the Ballistic Missile Defence Programme.

:cheesy:
My hearty congrats to all the DRDO scientists and engineers as well as my fellow Indians. BMD is the toughest area of missile technologies has been mastered by india. Congrats again.

ITR_0040.JPG

This is a new launcher. Completely different from the earlier one. Final operational configuration. :D

IMHO, the good news is the similarity between the missile canisters of the new single AAD launcher and the Prahaar launcher seen during republic day:

scan0001-735697.jpg

ITR_0041.JPG

The similarity tells me that in the final deployed config., we may see single launchers with 6 interceptors providing good redundancy and multiple engagement capability. This also indicates the scalability of the system (atleast the AAD) and overall the system seems to be similar to the Patriot system in terms of capabilities and configuration.

patriot-dvic450.jpg

My only hope is that we fast track the development of high speed interceptors (hopefully phase 2 interceptors will breach the 3 km/s speed barrier from current ~1.6). This is essential to provide a broader area BMD capability and improved protection against possible future threats such as depressed trajectory BM's and low RCS systems.

All the best to DRDO. AAD seems ready for deployment!:agree:

Back
Top Bottom