What's new

Inter Squadron Armament Competition 2019

that gun is there as last resort. when all missiles are fired and the air craft is still in hostile environment in air to air combat. i am sure they will never plan on using the gun for attacking ground targets as the first option.
gun is not completely useless but it is for desperate times and its use specially in engaging ground targets is very limited then why we are still holding competition on a skill that is obsolete now. in feb both the air forces used large number of 4th gen jets with highly advanced weapons for relatively minor targets that too close to LOC. so what is the possibility that in a real war both the air forces will be using guns for launching deep strikes against enemy air bases or even army columns with advanced air defense systems. this is not 65 and 71 .today the air crafts are very expensive and air defense systems are also very advanced.

I'm sorry but you have much to learn.

https://www.businessinsider.com/a-close-look-at-f-16s-performing-strafing-runs-2016-3

If you open this link. You will find an aviation photographer talking about two F-16C's from 510 FS doing strafing runs over a deserted Air Force base somewhere in Nevada. This mission was part of Red Flag. The jets were routinely flying below 500 ft.

However, What you're saying is;

1) Cannon has no role in A2G against airbases/ground targets
2) Cannon is the last resort if an aircraft runs out of missiles
3) Cannons are a stupid idea to use against foot soldiers.

However, large scale and supposedly REALISTIC warfighting scenarios (red flags) show us that cannons are still very much relevant and preferred once the airspace is threat free (against low value ground targets).

In ACES 2018, we saw Turkish F-16 pilots teaching our F-16 pilots skills of urban warfighting with M61 Vulcan cannon as a preferred mode of attack. Dont take my word for it. But ASK SOMEONE FOR GOD SAKE instead of preferring your own strongly formed opinion.

In July 2016, we saw Turkish rogue F-16s firing cannons over police stations and other ground targets during Turkish Coup. Google it!

ISAC is no different. And I'm glad our Air Force knows best.

IMG_4615.JPG

I'm sorry but you have much to learn.

https://www.businessinsider.com/a-close-look-at-f-16s-performing-strafing-runs-2016-3

If you open this link. You will find an aviation photographer talking about two F-16C's from 510 FS doing strafing runs over a deserted Air Force base somewhere in Nevada. This mission was part of Red Flag. The jets were routinely flying below 500 ft.

However, What you're saying is;

1) Cannon has no role in A2G against airbases/ground targets
2) Cannon is the last resort if an aircraft runs out of missiles
3) Cannons are a stupid idea to use against foot soldiers.

However, large scale and supposedly REALISTIC warfighting scenarios (red flags) show us that cannons are still very much relevant and preferred once the airspace is threat free (against low value ground targets).

In ACES 2018, we saw Turkish F-16 pilots teaching our F-16 pilots skills of urban warfighting with M61 Vulcan cannon as a preferred mode of attack. Dont take my word for it. But ASK SOMEONE FOR GOD SAKE instead of preferring your own strongly formed opinion.

In July 2016, we saw Turkish rogue F-16s firing cannons over police stations and other ground targets during Turkish Coup. Google it!

ISAC is no different. And I'm glad our Air Force knows best.
there is a difference between exercises and real combat. comparing turkish coup with full scale ind- pak war scenario..... brilliant.

Why do Pakistani members keep coming up with non-sensical statements/analysis?
What did we learn from 2/27?
i will see when you bring down a rafale in air combat with a gun or destroy it on ground with the same weapon and tactics.
we pakistanis are always last to realize and last to change. bye.

https://www.quora.com/Do-fighter-jets-these-days-still-use-cannons
you can see that most of the posters there are also of the opinion that cannons are of very limited use in modern air combat yet it is sometimes required as a last resort.

Is this a double rack on F7pg centre fuselage point. Please some body clear it
No this is not the centre pylon but what you see is a drop tank on exterior right wing rack and a vacant interior pylon under the same wing.

Get ready for an exciting and rocking video by PAF's DMA on ISAC 2019.
Video will be released within next few days on DMA's official YouTube channel.

Here's a short short teaser.

What is ISAC 2019 ? . And what's DMA

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom