What's new

Insight: Unable to copy it, China tries building own jet engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing is operational with any of WS123..10,13,15. At max few prototypes testing the engine. If they had a reliable, durable and mass produced engine which is kicking inside J11, J10, J15, J16 etc, they would have used it on the new J31 prototypes without any doubt, why use AL31? cant they afford two engines form the lot to put on J31, very strange. China is learning the steep curve and will take time and it should not be hard to accept this fact, not many countries are trying and have engine prototypes. No one said they cant achieve that with enough money and resolve, but as of today, they have not mastered it.
Because the nozzole of J31 is too small to contain WS10A. Why not using kaveri to power you MKI? same reason, it doesnt fit in.
WS13 is the way of coming soon. You are the most sour mongo in PDF i've never come acorss............:tdown:

Nothing is operational with any of WS123..10,13,15. At max few prototypes testing the engine. If they had a reliable, durable and mass produced engine which is kicking inside J11, J10, J15, J16 etc, they would have used it on the new J31 prototypes without any doubt, why use AL31? cant they afford two engines form the lot to put on J31, very strange. China is learning the steep curve and will take time and it should not be hard to accept this fact, not many countries are trying and have engine prototypes. No one said they cant achieve that with enough money and resolve, but as of today, they have not mastered it.
Because the nozzole of J31 is too small to contain WS10A. Why not using kaveri to power you MKI? same reason, it doesnt fit in.
WS13 is the way of coming soon. You are the most sour mongo in PDF i've never come acorss............:tdown:
See? This is a comment getting at the fact style i'd personally always prefer to have in PDF:tup:. One cant deny the realistic by stuff his head in the sand. Fighter engine is the most complicated machine in the world, you win respect if you could produce it. WS-15 with 16.5 tons thrust in the ground test, coming soon before 2015.

See? This is a comment getting at the fact style i'd personally always prefer to have in PDF:tup:. One cant deny the realistic by stuff his head in the sand. Fighter engine is the most complicated machine in the world, you win respect if you could produce it. WS-15 with 16.5 tons thrust in the ground test, coming soon before 2015. Some Indian members keep posting shyt thread with dilaptidated Info should get reeducated or just banned for inadequate IQ.

Nothing else is expected from you high IQ chinis. Can you provide me with the details of WS10 , WS13 and WS15v like their diameter and thrust with some links.

Might I put an end to this kind of trolling message, with an article published on November 5th by Jane's Defence Weekly.

China tests tandem-seat J-15 carrier fighter

Robert Foster
Washington, DC

Shenyang Aircraft Corporation (SAC) has tested a twin-seat version of its J-15 carrier-based fighter for the first time, Chinese sources indicated on 3 November.

Designated the J-15S - with 'S' representing the Chinese word for "tandem" and also known as Black Shark or Flying Shark - the aircraft can be expected to join the initial group of single-seat J-15 fighters that will conduct land-based training and then transition to training aboard Liaoning : the People's Liberation Army Navy's (PLAN's) first aircraft carrier. The latest issue of official army magazine PLA Monthly published initial images of single-seat J-15s conducting touch-and-go flights aboard the carrier, which was commissioned in September.

While it is unclear whether a combat-capable version of the J-15S will eventually join China's carrier air wings, such an option would prove attractive for missions better suited for two crew members, for example precision strike, airborne warning, and control or anti-submarine warfare.

The J-15S now brings to five the number Sukhoi clones in production at Shenyang: J-11B, J-11BS, J-15, J-15S, and J-16. These fighters are all powered by versions of the Shenyang-Liming WS-10A Taihang turbofan, indicating a growing degree of confidence in that programme.

It is significant that Shenyang and PLAN chose the tandem-seat configuration for the J-15S as this allowed the company to leverage its investment in the twin-seat J-11BS even though the J-15 would be radically redesigned and strengthened for carrier operations. By contrast, Russia, whose Sukhoi Su-27 and Su-33 formed the basis for the J-11 and J-15 respectively, has opted for a side-by-side seat arrangement and slightly larger configuration for its twin-seat carrier fighter: the Su-33KUB.

Sukhoi demonstrated the Su-33KUB to a Chinese delegation at the August 2005 Moscow Airshow. At that time Sukhoi was pushing to sell the Su-33 to China, telling IHS Jane's that it did not believe that Shenyang could safely replicate the complexities of the Su-33.

Copyright © IHS Global Limited, 2012
HED3Z.jpg

Plus an another article from Jane's Defense Weekly on AVIC engines program...
Cdrrh.jpg

Finally, an article from Sina.com, Link, stating that WS-10 program has entered into serial production.

That's all folks...

:coffee:

Nothing else is expected from you high IQ chinis. Can you provide me with the details of WS10 , WS13 and WS15v like their diameter and thrust with some links.

You are just plain stupid. You can't change the engine of one car into another without heavy modification, in fact you can as well build a new car, even if both cars are made by the same campany. A BMW 7 engine does not fit into a BMW 6.

Nothing is operational with any of WS123..10,13,15.

Facts are against you ... Check what powers the J10 and J11 at the moment ... Engines are only bought from Russia as a stop-gap measure since Chinese production lines cant supply enough ...

the author is saying that the first part of your ^assertion is a boat load of bull!!

Prove me wrong then , kid ... :azn: The author isn't some god who cant be wrong ...

Götterdämmerung;3576434 said:
You are just plain stupid. You can't change the engine of one car into another without heavy modification, in fact you can as well build a new car, even if both cars are made by the same campany. A BMW 7 engine does not fit into a BMW 6.

Actually it does when it comes to BMWs. Find another example.

I said this a thousand times before, If Taiwan is to China what Pakistan is to India why do we not see that LCA junk in Taiwan colors? Why is Pakistan driving our tanks, sailing our frigates and FACS, flying our jets both fighters/trainers and AWACs. If they paid Taiwan to take this obsolete junk into their airforce our Taiwan brothers would laugh at their skinny brown assess, they wouldn’t even use this as target drones.
Move beyond Taiwan, why no Lca and other Indian junk for Vietnam, Phlips etc, none of these countries are under embargo. Composite my ***, this thing doesn’t even compare to the JF-17 which out of all the modern fighters conceived in China in the past 10/15 years is at the bottom of the list.

A point defense, mig 21 replacement that took 4 decades in development and these Indian turds are trying to shovel this drivel in the league of 2 prototype 5th gens, is beyond absurd. No other forum would allow such a comparison, the idea is so ridiculous it falls in line with comparing F22s with F4 phantoms or jf17s. Absurd.

Moreover, I am so sick of this LCA garbage, the absurdity of comparing this single crap fighter to the aggregate of China’s aviation industry, J-10 A/B, Jh-7s, J8s, Q5s, Jf-17, Flanker derivatives, j-20, 31, awacs, etc.

Doesn’t that make you sick to the stomach? One single piece of garbage juxtaposed to all those fighters and the decades of evolutionary history of China’s aviation industry. Makes me wanna vomit but the incompetence and genetic inferiority of Indians that make no indigenous aircraft beside that piece of junk is what it is. They keep bringing up this obsolescence because they got NOTHING, NOTHING else.

They come from a primitive society that can't even manufacture its own bullets. Hard to blame them thinking engines are plug-and-play like USB ports.
Do not waste time to discuss these with Indian like him, if you post the detail from chinese website, they say they can't read it, or they will said they don't trust china, that's CCP propaganda, we are brainwashed man, no independent thought.

On the topic:
Engine is a system project, it refer to many domains, especially, new material, process technology, high end and sophisticated lathel, testing equipment, and other, especially special material, lathel, manufacturing equipment. we lack of the good one, we need time, power, many to solve all the bottleneck, in recent year, we have get a big progress, I focus on manufacturing equipment, especially lathe, and news about new material, but in china it is special, especially about military technology, you should get the information from the news that praise someone.
Based on these, I think WS-10 have successed, but it will keep being improved, about WS-15 or 18 for J-20 or J31, it must be on trail like them parallelly, the test will be finished before J20 and J31 entering into army.
Material problem have been solved, at least partly, the question is how manufacture them in mass and efficiently, about the manufacturing equaipment, and testing equipment, not big problem!!
Just my opinion, don't ask me for source, especially indian, I am brainwashed man by CCP!

India has probably spend even less than 1\20 as what Chinese have spend and at this rate India's performance is certainly better than the Chinese.

china will stop copying engines in coming years !!! they will move to indigenous engines afterwrds.

Taimi Bhai why didn't we go for the AL-31s & instead went for the RD-33 ? The former offers quite a bit more thrust (& in terms of other performance factors) when compared with the latter with not very significant changes in dimensions of the engine ?

1. Russians may had or were not allowing its export.

2. JF-17 was a light fighter concept, thus it needed an engine which it could suit with. You put a heavier engine, it will take more space, reduced inner fuel capacity thus smaller flying time period. A-31 is for a medium sized fighter jet like J-10, F-16s, while RD-93 suited the JF-17. But it still needs improvement, a 100kN or 105kN max thrust version can be easily fitted into the JF-17, which will do wonder for the JF-17s performance.

India has probably spend even less than 1\20 as what Chinese have spend and at this rate India's performance is certainly better than the Chinese.

You mean by importing ALL your weapons from Russia, Israel, Europe and America.

India couldn't build their own weapons if you gave the blue prints and parts. They still couldn't figure out how to put them together :lol:

India has, is and forever will be in the lower rung of this world whether it is economics, finance, military, politics, science & technology, corporate brands and sports.

That's why no one in this world gives a rats arse about India when disgusting geopolitics.

source? or just usual inidian inferior complex rants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom