What's new

Inside the F-35 fighter jet, the Pentagon's $1.5 trillion boondoggle

If you had spent half the post actually answering my question about if you know anything the existence of 'the secret pentagon report' than going all mind-reader mode about what I am thinking in my head about the raptor(which I think is good but the USAF is a bit overprotective about it) it would have been both our time's worth.
Yup...Just as I thought.

I gave you a technical debunking of one item in this supposedly 'top secret leak' and you pretty much dismissed my argument out of hand. Just one item. And you cannot handle it. Go back to your comfort zone, wherever it may be.

Yup...Just as I thought.

I gave you a technical debunking of one item in this supposedly 'top secret leak' and you pretty much dismissed my argument out of hand. Just one item. And you cannot handle it. Go back to your comfort zone, wherever it may be.

I am not dismissing anything.....I am asking you one question and you are answering a whole different issue....my question was very specific....Have you ever heard of the Pentagon report or not?Forget it....if you do not understand a simple question there's no point in advancing the conversation any further.

I think he answered you, that it is true that rain affects at least the skin's stealth technology of the F-22, but as a patriotic American (not to be blamed), he tries to minimise it by saying not always but sometimes, he only forgets that a battle field is merciless, since those sometimes are probability related and might happen during battle.
He tries again with the intercepting radar being subjected to same wave deflections, which is total nonsense, since modern radars are weatherproof.
And lastly, those are generals in command of the program that are being interviewed, along with some managers and department directors from the suppliers. So the article is believable and it does not mean that the US will fail completely with the program, it just points out to so many problems, delays and over-budgets encountered, if all goes right that it will be operational in 2020, which will make it 18 years of trial and error, if all goes right again.
That is a long long waiting time for the people who expected it to be ready by 2010.

I think he answered you, that it is true that rain affects at least the skin's stealth technology of the F-22, but as a patriotic American (not to be blamed), he tries to minimise it by saying not always but sometimes, he only forgets that a battle field is merciless, since those sometimes are probability related and might happen during battle.
Please spare everyone your feeble attempt at appearing knowledgeable in an area you have no experience in.

Rain DOES NOT affect the -22's skin. It affects the MODE of signal reflection. And it does it on all surfaces on any body. This is real physics, not 'Iranian physics'.

He tries again with the intercepting radar being subjected to same wave deflections, which is total nonsense, since modern radars are weatherproof.
Amazing...!!! Here we see 'Iranian physics' in play...:lol:

With 'Iranian physics', reflection modes are unique only on American products. No one else's.

Modern radars are 'weatherproof'? Do explain how with real physics. Then you can go on to 'Iranian physics' next.

I am not dismissing anything.....I am asking you one question and you are answering a whole different issue....my question was very specific....Have you ever heard of the Pentagon report or not?Forget it....if you do not understand a simple question there's no point in advancing the conversation any further.
And if you cannot see how I answered just one item in a list of things supposedly negative to the F-22, then I see no need to take you seriously about this subject. You already made up your mind. Be comfortable with the fantasy that a country that can barely field an army -- BD -- can legitimately criticize a country that produces the F-22.

Please spare everyone your feeble attempt at appearing knowledgeable in an area you have no experience in.

Rain DOES NOT affect the -22's skin. It affects the MODE of signal reflection. And it does it on all surfaces on any body. This is real physics, not 'Iranian physics'.

With 'Iranian physics', reflection modes are unique only on American products. No one else's.

Modern radars are 'weatherproof'? Do explain how with real physics. Then you can go on to 'Iranian physics' next.

And if you cannot see how I answered just one item in a list of things supposedly negative to the F-22, then I see no need to take you seriously about this subject. You already made up your mind. Be comfortable with the fantasy that a country that can barely field an army -- BD -- can legitimately criticize a country that produces the F-22.

Are you blind or can't you read??My question was specifically about the existence of a pentagon report.....and you are still ranting.Criticism??Great to see a guy standing up for a country that almost wiped his homeland off the map.Good Night Vietnam!

Are you blind or can't you read??My question was specifically about the existence of a pentagon report.....and you are still ranting.Criticism??Great to see a guy standing up for a country that almost wiped his homeland off the map.Good Night Vietnam!
You go right on and suck up to Rachel Maddow on that report. Simple minded people like you are exactly what she looks for. What I explained to you -- just one item -- I cannot dumb it down any further. And yet it is beyond you. Good night, indeed.

You go right on and suck up to Rachel Maddow on that report. Simple minded people like you are exactly what she looks for. What I explained to you -- just one item -- I cannot dumb it down any further. And yet it is beyond you. Good night, indeed.

I never said I believed what she said....I asked you(since you are technically an insider) if you have any knowledge about the existence of a 'secret Pentagon test report'....that was specifically my question to you.....I never asked you to debunk what she said!My question was very straightforward....I did not imply any secondary meaning.

I never said I believed what she said....I asked you(since you are technically an insider) if you have any knowledge about the existence of a 'secret Pentagon test report'....that was specifically my question to you.....I never asked you to debunk what she said!My question was very straightforward....I did not imply any secondary meaning.
Looky here, kid...Secret Pentagon reports are dime-a-dozen. I have no interests in disputing the classification of any claimed report. If you have any common sense, you should not as well. What matters are the contents within and if/when they are divulged.

Regarding the silly 'rain affects stealth' nonsense, we have no idea of the exact wording of this subject in this allegedly 'secret Pentagon report'. So from a purely technical standpoint, any working radar engineer can debunk it as easily as I have. You and the others do not like the debunking because you are more focused on the 'secret' part.

Oooooohhh...Aaahhh...!!! It is 'secret' and from the Pentagon to boot...:lol:

Well, if a feeble attempt like you declare can unnerve you to this point than you are more feeble than your attempts, so for you sun of a gun the skin of the F-22 is not its surface, so what is it than? With your physics please.

You like to give courses in sciences beyond your intellectual capacities, not me, I made the statement that radar emissions are weatherproof, so that anyone who is interested can look up the proof for himself, and no one has ever stated that only the American gear is at fault here but you, so that must be your deeper conviction or fear that you are trying to hide with all kind of wiki knowledge.
Anyone who asks you a question on this forum gets an evasive tortuous answer, so it is clear that you are the one with feeble off-sight attempts.

I think gambit is saying that this secret report or whatever does exist but it has been misinterpreted.

Anyway, @gambit do you think the United States will actually purchase over 2,000 F-35s? I had read somewhere that the United States originally wanted around 700-800 F-22s but due to the cost, it ended up with less than 200 F-22. Is that true?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if a feeble attempt like you declare can unnerve you to this point than you are more feeble than your attempts, so for you sun of a gun the skin of the F-22 is not its surface, so what is it than? With your physics please.
Wrong...:lol:...It has been ME who unnerved everyone here when it comes to the basics of radar detection and 'stealth' issues. No one called you when they have a technical question.

Did I said the skin of the F-22 is not its surface? For you to even implied I said that mean it is YOU who are over your head. So I will try this again: Non-original radar radiation off a complex structure have different modes, such as direct surface reflections, surface waves, and edge diffraction.

So when I said rain affects MODES of radiation, that does not mean I said the -22's skin is not its surface.

Holy shiiieeet...And they call Americans stupid...Go back to your 'Iranian physics' since what I said probably went whoooooosh over your head anyway...:lol:

You like to give courses in sciences beyond your intellectual capacities, not me, I made the statement that radar emissions are weatherproof, so that anyone who is interested can look up the proof for himself, and no one has ever stated that only the American gear is at fault here but you, so that must be your deeper conviction or fear that you are trying to hide with all kind of wiki knowledge.
Anyone who asks you a question on this forum gets an evasive tortuous answer, so it is clear that you are the one with feeble off-sight attempts.
And you are wrong. At least in the detection process.

Radar detection is more than just radiation, kid. Radar detection is about the analyses of RECEIVED signals from somewhere else. So for you to say that these outgoing/incoming signals cannot be affected by weather phenomena is to violate the laws of physics, specifically the 10-lambda rule, of which the Chinese crew here embarrassed themselves over it. Now we have you, an 'Iranian physics' practitioner, who effectively said the same thing: The 10-lambda rule does not exists.

Congratulations on your 'discovery'...:lol:

Americans are not necessarily caucasian; they belong to various ethnic backgrounds/races. An individual of Vietnamese origin can be as American as a caucasian.

Attacking someone's race or ethnicity is not a good thing. Also, google is your friend.

This plane is a money pit.....if it was really that good....we wouldnt be offering it to everyone and,their grandma.......the f22 on the other handmis dead sexy.....but like any super high tech piece of machinery.....its expensive, fragile and not all that practical as far as maintenace........the PAKFA}}}}}

This plane is a money pit.....
In a way, the F-35 is inevitable, even for a wealthy country like US.

Take a look at the US Navy...

aircraft_carrier_complement_zpsce5a9fcb.jpg

Top is a money pit and a logistical nightmare. Bottom was inevitable and is here.

Back
Top Bottom