What's new

Inside Hanoi's gated communities: elite enclaves where even the air is cleaner

It's a place for elites but this type of cookie cutter setup houses are common in the west where most people can afford it. This type of housing also look very similar to the newer Zhongshan constructions.

Nevertheless, still pretty neat looking

Guan Yu was a real life Shui-Han general . Not sure if the Vietnamese version Lord To is a real person or made up.

Yes i know Guan Yu was a real life General-Lord, but he was deified. The same with Nguyen, who was actually a Han general who led the revolt against Southern Han domination. He is in some Vietnamese circles considered divine protector of Viet Nam. His functionality is similar to Guan Yu.

In the past, we thought Cnese culture was the best, so we learned from them. When the French came, we saw that Wester style was much better, so we learned from French.

Now, most of young Vnese like Western style .

We simplt just wanna learn from the best things of the world, we dont care if its Cn or Western culture,bro

But Confucian Culture is supreme, my friend. As a Japanese, i cannot deny that. Learn from the West, but never glorify the foreign culture above your own. Stay true to your identity, as i say.

And for Viet Nam, your people have a proud legacy of Confucianism. Do not be deplored because it is "Chinese-related", not everything of China is bad. Chinese culture had led to the formation of East Asia -- we have to think of this in the cultural and civilization genesis theme. Remove the communist theme, and western style, what you will see in your society -- as in any Japanese, Korea, Chinese --- is Confucian lit and ethic.

I'm done for the day. good day, talk to you later. i have work to do now.

But Confucian Culture is supreme, my friend. As a Japanese, i cannot deny that. Learn from the West, but never glorify the foreign culture above your own. Stay true to your identity, as i say.

And for Viet Nam, your people have a proud legacy of Confucianism. Do not be deplored because it is "Chinese-related", not everything of China is bad. Chinese culture had led to the formation of East Asia -- we have to think of this in the cultural and civilization genesis theme. Remove the communist theme, and western style, what you will see in your society -- as in any Japanese, Korea, Chinese --- is Confucian lit and ethic.

I'm done for the day. good day, talk to you later. i have work to do now.
Nope, young Vnese dont learn anything abt Confucian now. We mostly learn abt Western culture and style.

I gotta admit a vietnamese city can grow to be so reminiscent of a chinese southern one even if that process is totally involuntary all by itself
posting some projects. only the sky is the limit: dsigned by Atkins company, the landmark 81 tower (460m) in Saigon. complete in 2018.

vinhomes-Landmark-81-in-ho-chi-minh.jpg

The-landmark-81-vinhomes-central-park-in-hcmc-vietnam.png

vinhomes-Landmark-81-in-HCMC-veitnam.jpg

Vmwfjdw.jpg

and it shall be the highest TV tower in Asia: the new TV tower in Hanoi: 636m. designed by a japanese company. open in 2019. not sure about the design yet how it will look like.

20160126130205-towervtv-hn.jpg

oB1r0Sl.jpg

Last edited:
only the sky is the limit: dsigned by Atkins company, the landmark 81 tower (460m) in Saigon. complete in 2018.

vinhomes-Landmark-81-in-ho-chi-minh.jpg

The-landmark-81-vinhomes-central-park-in-hcmc-vietnam.png

vinhomes-Landmark-81-in-HCMC-veitnam.jpg

Vmwfjdw.jpg

and the highest TV tower in Asia: the new TV tower in Hanoi: 636m.

20160126130205-towervtv-hn.jpg

oxgOflC.jpg
that's rendered in CGs,do you have any thing real to show off?if you don't let me help you

this is
[]Ho Chi Minh City

14.jpg
13.jpg

dude, not phantasy. the first project is under construction, while the second is at beginning stage.
what do skyscrapers symbolize?economic prowess? maybe it will be more appropriate for you to tout your achievement in economy after your gdp gets more closer to $1 trillion someday,nowadays you add up your domestic assets together you got the gdp of tiny european country with a population that is a fraction of yours,not the right timing for you to brag,dude

No, bro. He is descent of Lu Gia, Lü Jia (呂嘉) general of Nanyue quo, the country is crated by Zhao Tuo in southern China in the past. The family name " Lu" is changed to "Ngo" in Vietnam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanyue

Lữ Gia is Vietnemese/Kinh ethnic.

Tương truyền Lữ Gia sinh ra ở huyện Lôi Dương quận Cửu Chân (nay là huyện Thọ Xuân, tỉnh Thanh Hoá), có cha là hào trưởng Lữ Tạo người lương thiện, phúc hậu làm nghề lang y; mẹ là người tài sắc, công dung tên là Trương Thị Vĩ, con gái hào trưởng Vũ Ninh (vùng Bắc Ninh ngày nay).

https://vi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lữ_Gia

what do skyscrapers symbolize?economic prowess? maybe it will be more appropriate for you to tout your achievement in economy after your gdp gets more closer to $1 trillion someday,nowadays you add up your domestic assets together you got the gdp of tiny european country with a population that is a fraction of yours,not the right timing for you to brag,dude
If you think is bragging if I post pictures in a VN thread then be it. Should I stop all news before our economy reaches 1 trillion dollar?

If so you can ask the mod to close VN economy sticky thread.

If you think is bragging if I post pictures in a VN thread then be it. Should I stop all news before our economy reaches 1 trillion dollar?

If so you can ask the mod to close VN economy sticky thread.

This is why I stopped posting any and all economic updates about the Philippines.

This is why I stopped posting any and all economic updates about the Philippines.
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...you should post 100,000 posts of chinese news, no matter important or not. I tell you the chinese will begin to love you and ask if they can be your best friend :D

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...you should post 100,000 posts of chinese news, no matter important or not. I tell you the chinese will begin to love you and ask if they can be your best friend :D

Well this is now their playground, so better say "nice things" about the Chinese, even if the thread has nothing to do with China.

Well this is now their playground, so better say "nice things" about the Chinese, even if the thread has nothing to do with China.
YOU LOST ME

In the past, we thought Cnese culture was the best, so we learned from them. When the French came, we saw that Wester style was much better, so we learned from French.

Now, most of young Vnese like Western style .

We simplt just wanna learn from the best things of the world, we dont care if its Cn or Western culture,bro

LOL, go to any Vietnamese restaurant or Vietnamese market or business here in the United States and tell me if the place doesn't seem similar to any Chinese-owned enterprise. Vietnamese businesses even have statue of Guan Yu , or apply Feng Shui , LOL !

Please don't be absurd.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom