What's new

Insas rifles may be on its way out

sometimes it is hard to understand why indian products don t get appeciation from their armed forces.why they show a strong punchant for foreign stuff.Two reasons come to mind ,either the indian products are really that bad to meet the requirements of their forces or the forces expect too much from the local products or in other words `ghar ki murghi daal barabar`

Its what i was saying bro,
INSAS is appreciated by the Indian Armed forces!

RIP to INSAS.... but it would be not good to say that INSAS was a junk. INSAS was first indigeneous rifle and it was made for to injure the soldier badly rather than killing him, and it did it work likewise.
INSAS provided accuracy stability more of all the basic functions required by a rifle.
Time has changed now and so Indian armies need now they need more powerful lighter and more of a better reliable utility rifle like TAR,TAVOR,CARBINE.

RIP to INSAS.... but it would be not good to say that INSAS was a junk. INSAS was first indigeneous rifle and it was made for to injure the soldier badly rather than killing him, and it did it work likewise.
INSAS provided accuracy stability more of all the basic functions required by a rifle.
Time has changed now and so Indian armies need now they need more powerful lighter and more of a better reliable utility rifle like TAR,TAVOR,CARBINE.

No matter how clear the reality is,people tend to think INSAS is junk.

The Royal Army of Oman will start using the INSAS rifles as per a defence agreement signed in 2008 between India and Oman.

SO yes it's true

But no pics:(

:offtopic:

But,

Really want Pakistan to acquire these:

hk417_12-12.jpg

it will be interesting to see whether omanese still remain commited to the deal n will they follow up the order.it may be a setback for the deal

offtopic but I was curious - To what extent does physical appearance/looks of a rifle matter to a soldier? Does a soldier feel same degree of confidence with an ugly rifle as compared to a better looking rifle?

Managed to get this extract from Wiki:
Equipment

The Omani army is qualitatively superior to that of many neighbouring countries with one regiment of British-built Challenger 2 main battle tanks and the other slightly larger regiment of M60 (predominantly M60A3) MBTs rounding out Oman's sole armoured brigade. Oman recently received 174 Piranha light armoured vehicles and over 80 VBL scout cars from France to further strengthen military capabilities. In terms of artillery, in the 1990s Oman received G6 155 mm howitzers from South Africa, and Oman's anti-tank capabilities are to be greatly strengthened by the soon-to-be-delivered 100 Javelin missiles from the United States. On a troop level, Oman's armed forces are frequently trained and briefed by the regular British Army and elite British Special Air Service (SAS).
The primary weapon of the Omani army is the Indian INSAS rifle made by Ordnance Factories Board at its Ishapore factory.

Sultan of Oman's Armed Forces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Other than this the Bhutan and Nepalese Armed forces uses INSAS in huge numbers.

offtopic but I was curious - To what extent does physical appearance/looks of a rifle matter to a soldier? Does a soldier feel same degree of confidence with an ugly rifle as compared to a better looking rifle?

Well i think for a professional what matters is the quality of weapon , weather it will survive in versatile conditions . If the gun gives a desired results it does not matter how kool or not a weapon system looks.

:offtopic:

But,

Really want Pakistan to acquire these:

hk417_12-12.jpg
The HK 416/7 is in the fray to be the next standard rifle of the IA (for 2 million+ men!).The results will be annoiced within the next 18 months I am told. But the chances of the PA going for such a weapon are slim right now, no? To equip the entire PA would cost BILLIONS that the PA just doesn't have.

All that matters is: Ek goli, ek dushman! :sniper:

The HK 416/7 is in the fray to be the next standard rifle of the IA (for 2 million+ men!).The results will be annoiced within the next 18 months I am told. But the chances of the PA going for such a weapon are slim right now, no? To equip the entire PA would cost BILLIONS that the PA just doesn't have.

I really hope that we can use the latest baby of Izhmash, AK-12. It is a beastly assault rifle. Is far more accurate than the older AK models and has the same endurance as that of the good old model: dust, snow, heat, cold, mud, muck.. you name it and it will still fire.

Wonder what's the use of European rifles that are fancy to look at, costly to pay and may get jammed in the Himalayan terrain.

Back
Top Bottom