What's new

INS Arihant will miss December deadline

SSN is high end tech, wait another year longer is quite normal.

I don't have any problem with the delay...But i definatly have problem with the time they disclosed INS Arihant and INS Vikrant program...I think they should have waited for the sea trials of these project before disclosing it infront of Media....
Keep low tone is always appreciated.

Which navy in history has not faced problems while trying to operationalize is first nuclear sub.This is understandable.

This sub has a 80 MW plant to power 6000 Tonnes, but Akula II has 190 MW to power 9000 tonnes. We must upgrade our power plant.

This sub has a 80 MW plant to power 6000 Tonnes, but Akula II has 190 MW to power 9000 tonnes. We must upgrade our power plant.

I don't know how many times I have written this .

Arihant is powered by a 80MWe(~240MWt) nuclear reactor while Akula is powered by a 190 MWt reactor .

Even this news reports so , unless the reporters mixed up MWe & MWt .

Some confusion-
~
The 80 Mwe nuclear reactor on-board the submarine is yet to be functional / The reactor is yet to produce the energy required to propel the 6000-tonne submarine. ARE THEY SAYING reactor yet to produce power OR yet to produce ENOUGH power to propel ???
~
104 mt-long ??? Arihant
~
the reactor output at 80MWe ???
~
At the moment, the N-submarine has 125 K-15 ??? short range ballistic missiles
~ ~ ~

Our J's at best !
_

Akula 2 is a hunter killer,need more power for speed/Arihant role is nuke carrier,silence comes first.

Some confusion-
~
104 mt-long ??? Arihant
~
At the moment, the N-submarine has 125 K-15 ??? short range ballistic missiles
~ ~ ~

Our J's at best !
_

Earlier Arihant was reported to be 110m long . Now it is just 104m .

But look at the upside . Now it is able to carry 125 K15 from the 12 K15 earlier said ...................:rofl:

I don't have any problem with the delay...But i definatly have problem with the time they disclosed INS Arihant and INS Vikrant program...I think they should have waited for the sea trials of these project before disclosing it infront of Media....

Not if the purpose of disclosure is for political purposes. Just hope this project does not delay like another LCA. Subs are more difficult to construct. And India is the first to build a nuclear before a conventional one.

Not if the purpose of disclosure is for political purposes. Just hope this project does not delay like another LCA. Subs are more difficult to construct. And India is the first to build a nuclear before a conventional one.

sir, for ur kind information, India has the knowledge of building conventional subs as well, as German HDW subs were build in Mazadon (under TOT) in late 80s & early 90s. What u should say instead is that India is the first country to build a SSBN before building a SSN.

I am not very intlligent in sub department, but i think this submarine has got diesel generator as backup.. and mostly the conventional sub are diesel powered.. So India has already got know-how of conventional sub..
But still you have made a good point...

sir, for ur kind information, India has the knowledge of building conventional subs as well, as German HDW subs were build in Mazadon (under TOT) in late 80s & early 90s. What u should say instead is that India is the first country to build a SSBN before building a SSN.

Tot is not the same as design and build.you bring up another challenge, has India test fire. Missile in a mobile submerged platform? In any case, good luck to India.

Tot is not the same as design and build.you bring up another challenge, has India test fire. Missile in a mobile submerged platform? In any case, good luck to India.

SLBM tests were conducted from an under water pontoon .

Take any time you guys want. Just give the navy , a better product. Developing a nuke sub is a big job, and every precaution must be taken while developing.

According to earlier sources INS Arihant has completed harbor trails and ready for deep sea trails. Is this news reliable!!!

Back
Top Bottom