What's new

Infrastructure Development in Pakistan

I just heard that KSA has given Pakistan a contract to build a metro system from Makkah to Medina. Apparently the Saudis were quite impressed with the pace and quality with which the Lahore Metro system was built, after Turkish comments that they couldn't build a smaller system this quickly. Shahbaz Sharif said this during an interview on tv. Anyone got any details on this or is it just the usual hogwash?

Wow and these stupid Saudis are not gonna build a subway station from Lahore to Karachi no need for them to help if Saudis are not going to build a monorail in Pakistan there should be no metro bus in Saudi

8521625275_f07130d685_b.jpg

8521624275_6f75aef9f8_b.jpg

8523114882_51f636e3b9_b.jpg

Karachi%20-%20The%20Arkadians%20-%20March%202013%20-%20Construction%20-%2005.jpg

Karachi%20-%20The%20Arkadians%20-%20March%202013%20-%20Construction%20-%2002.jpg

Karachi%20-%20The%20Arkadians%20-%20March%202013%20-%20Construction%20-%2006.jpg

87426739.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow and these stupid Saudis are not gonna build a subway station from Lahore to Karachi no need for them to help if Saudis are not going to build a monorail in Pakistan there should be no metro bus in Saudi

I think Saudis would actually pay Pakistanis to build a metro system in Arabia. They won't ask Pakistan to do it for free.

As for Saudis building a subway station in Pakistan, I think it might be another way of saying Saudis should give free money to Pakistan which Pakistan gonna give it to a foreign company to build a subway station for them.

In the name of "investment"...

I just heard that KSA has given Pakistan a contract to build a metro system from Makkah to Medina. Apparently the Saudis were quite impressed with the pace and quality with which the Lahore Metro system was built, after Turkish comments that they couldn't build a smaller system this quickly. Shahbaz Sharif said this during an interview on tv. Anyone got any details on this or is it just the usual hogwash?

wow

Its a good idea. We help them now building it, tomorrow they can help us finance Metro projects in other cities of Pakistan.

I dream of a day when Karachi looks like Dubai, with functioning government and clean modern cities.

I think Karachi is a nice city it has changed pretty well the only problem I see are the messed up roads and improper landscaping compared to Lahore the city of Karachi is nothing. Sindh government needs to focus on road repairing and constructing better roads so that way cars are not driving on 2 lanes and that is very common in Karachi. They should also build a subway station, bus transit and a bridge so that way it can reduce traffic. Sidewalks are one of the biggest problems people face throughout Karachi they are too small and quite terrible which is why you would find many pedestrians walking on the middle of the road even though cars are driving behind them. In another words removing rickshaws and donkey carts would also be a better idea because they have no business roaming around in the city like beggars. Donkeys belong in a farm not in the metropolis. No matter how much the city develops with a lot of highrises it's still going to look polluted. The city also has a huge problem with landscaping which makes it look even dirtier either the landscapers are too lazy to make it look beautiful or either they are just plain stupid the same goes for the constructors. Remember landscaping adds more beauty into the city like Lahore once the city looked like a garbage now it looks like a heaven. I also forgot to mention that Karachi is not even 5% close to Dubai while Dubai has higher, classier and modernized buildings on the other hand Karachi has cheap, third world and smaller buildings probably not even 15 floors and when you look at the city from the top about 70-80% of the skyline is taken over by the slums. Which is why Karachi looks so brownish and dusty when you look at it as a skyline especially after the rain the buildings look like they've melt down. If Karachi can improve nicer roads, better infrastructures, proper landscaping and luxurious buildings made out of glass and not concrete about 50 floors or higher the city would start booming I can guarantee you Karachi would look exactly like Los Angeles if not like Dubai.

@Mr. Sancho
I don't know why but Karachi always just seems sandy, there is sand everywhere.
How come Dubai looks so nice and clean while Karachi looks like crap?
How does Dubai keep the sand away?

Also the roads in Pakistan need to be modernized, they need to use modern ashphalt and design the roads to no hold water.
Of course that can only be done if the government isn't taking kickbacks from developers...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom