2012-11-28150248.jpg

2012-11-28150316.jpg

2012-11-28150316.jpg

2012-11-28150353.jpg

2012-11-28150429.jpg

2012-11-28150516.jpg

2012-11-28150621.jpg

2012-11-28150656.jpg

seriously these overheads have destroyed the aesthetics of lahore city, they should have tried to widen the roads or something, i UK there are separate bus lanes for such narrow road lanes..

the little shareef should have come up with another plan

shareef just wanted to get orders for steel supply from his foundry, he spent too much money which wasnt required in the first place

looks like lahore is grounded or buried by these overheads

The United States is the worse example to follow. First of all that country is huge. We don't want to see tons of roads being widened and being made and put to use as highways. Besides that country runs on loans. We are a small country being populous and within most being poor. If there is any public transportation system model out there such as subways etc that we need to follow, that must be from Europe.

What our government is doing to make this infrastructure is a 'gimic' due to the elections. Why are they so hasty now for developments ? I fear unplanned piece of work. The recent case of Kalma chowk underpass, took them a couple of days to get it approved. BTW, if there is any business out there that is meant for corruption, that is the road network. We spend billions of rupees making them. My actual estimation is that 30% of the budget of Punjab goes there.

Now about jobs. It can indeed create, however, what is the condition that will not be like the Taxi scheme ? In Punjab, we need to depoliticize. That is the biggest problem out there. In fact it is the same issue in all over Pakistan. The LDA, THE LTC, LWMC, etc are all running under PML-N influence. Can we have people who are not affiliated with this party running the companies ?
2 words : Developing country. Pakistan is a developing country. US has gone through the same infrastructure development for over 50 years non stop from 1900 to 1950 to 1960. US is no longer a developing nation, it has become a developed nation. Pakistan needs infrastructure, it creates jobs, it benefits the economy and improves transportation for people whose mode of travel is cars/buses/motorcycles. Nobody in their sane mind would argue against the infrastructure development. It just doesnt happen.

2 words : Developing country. Pakistan is a developing country. US has gone through the same infrastructure development for over 50 years non stop from 1900 to 1950 to 1960. US is no longer a developing nation, it has become a developed nation. Pakistan needs infrastructure, it creates jobs, it benefits the economy and improves transportation for people whose mode of travel is cars/buses/motorcycles. Nobody in their sane mind would argue against the infrastructure development. It just doesnt happen.

Look we all want Pakistan to get the best and absolutely out of this economic/political crisis.

I have said in the past and i will share the same point with you. Every country has different aspirations and forms of systems in place. The United States wanted to become a super power, it achieved that goal by something that we can't do with our own reach. It began with the immigrants then came the investments which still continues. That is an advantage. They gain workers with skills, bring capital and investments, the best of the best out of this world. Today, China and India are working on the same model except whats a little different is, they are getting investments (through outsource) and own people back that once left.

I do not know what Pakistan is going after. In fact the government themselves don't even know the answer. What i do know is that as an Islamic nation, we have to realistic. Limitations have been created in this world for us. Ideally, with our young population, 4 seasons, and all categories of the world's resources, we can become one of those countries who can rather become self sufficient, and in turn become a model for the other developing countries. Initially, this was where we were going at. The 1960s was for sure that period. I see European nations as a perfect example for us. No other country has faced greater challenges and worked to create a sustainable infrastructure. They live and create to fulfil their own needs.

Ill be visiting Lahore in mid february. I hope kalma chowk underpass and MM ALAM road are completed by then. I am actually very excited to see the finished MM ALAM road.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom