What's new

Informative analysis on Shaheen II 1500 KM range

Bratva

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
@The Deterrent @HRK @Oscar @ares @Manticore @MilSpec @sancho @balixd @syedali73

Analysis is done by Indians. Since the authors of the analysis didn't took Pakistan ABM avoidance upgrades in consideration or they didn't know about , they assumed/supposed several things wrong

As per the analysis of authors, Missile was launched in lofted trajectory hence the 1500 Km range, The nominal range of missile is 2100 KM aprox. Read the full analysis it's quite interesting.

http://isssp.in/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Shaheen-II-Nov_13_2014_Launch_Analysis.pdf

If @HRK analysis of Shaheen III being launched in lofted trajectory is correct, The nominal range of Shaheen III could be 500 KM more than what it was stated

Last edited:

Analysis is done by Indians. Since the authors of the analysis didn't take in account of Pakistan ABM avoidance upgrades or they didn't know about i , they assumed/supposed several things wrong.

As per the analysis of authors, Missile was launched in lofted trajectory hence the 1500 Km range. Read the full analysis it's quite interesting.

http://isssp.in/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Shaheen-II-Nov_13_2014_Launch_Analysis.pdf

Per the analysis it could also be due to the addition of PSAC (Post Separation Attitude Correction) system which would add weight to the RV. If true it would mean the system has been added for addition accuracy and/or ABM avoidance menuvering.

It is about Shaheen II, we know that is the range of the missile. Interesting would be to see what others think of the recent Shaheen III test.

Analysis is done by Indians. Since the authors of the analysis didn't took Pakistan ABM avoidance upgrades in consideration or they didn't know about , they assumed/supposed several things wrong

As per the analysis of authors, Missile was launched in lofted trajectory hence the 1500 Km range, The nominal range of missile is 2100 KM aprox. Read the full analysis it's quite interesting.

If @HRK analysis of Shaheen III is correct, The nominal range of Shaheen III could be 500 KM more than what it was stated
I am pretty sure its not 2750 KM the term 2750 in itself tells its not true it is between 3000 to 3200 for sure and I am still curious what series this missile belong to ? Is it HATF X or not ?

I am pretty sure its not 2750 KM the term 2750 in itself tells its not true it is between 3000 to 3200 for sure and I am still curious what series this missile belong to ? Is it HATF X or not ?

Sohneya Packing tey gour na kar, Vich waali cheez tey gour o fikar kar

Per the analysis it could also be due to the addition of PSAC (Post Separation Attitude Correction) system which would add weight to the RV. If true it would mean the system has been added for addition accuracy and/or ABM avoidance menuvering.

Or it could be both, PSAC plus lofted trajectory. We know they have been testing lofted trajectory on Shaheen 1 A. It was logical to extend to 2 and 3 missiles. IIRC, PPP cut short the fundings of NESCOM, less money means slow R&D. hence the 6 year gap in testing Shaheen II. Most of the subsystems must've been tested on Shaheen 1 A first

why the link is not working :(

Refresh the page constantly

Or it could be both, PSAC plus lofted trajectory. We know they have been testing lofting trajectory on Shaheen 1 A. It was logical to extend to 2 and 3 missiles. IIRC, PPP cut short the fundings of NESCOM, less money means slow R&D. hence the 6 year gap in testing Shaheen II. Most of the subsystems must've been tested on Shaheen 1 A first

They do say that when they crunched the numbers in simulation software the SII range came to be ~2100 Km which matches the older press releases by Pakistan claiming a 2000 Km range. So you might be right.

Or it could be both, PSAC plus lofted trajectory. We know they have been testing lofted trajectory on Shaheen 1 A. It was logical to extend to 2 and 3 missiles. IIRC, PPP cut short the fundings of NESCOM, less money means slow R&D. hence the 6 year gap in testing Shaheen II. Most of the subsystems must've been tested on Shaheen 1 A first

Refresh the page constantly
I am interested because if it is new series we may see many more new Missiles both ballistic and cruise

As for SIII the securite clearly shows the point of impact roughly 3000 Km from somiani. Unless the missile failed to reach the target it's range is 3000 Km.

I have read a lot of articles by that institution. They are mostly very informative and unbiased.

In one of their other articles they had suggested that Babur cruise missiles range can easily be increased up to 1500KM.

Last edited:
@Bratva just a random question i have ... do you know any other missile , that have range like S3 ?? 2750 km ... it doesnt make any kind of sense ... it could be 2700, or 2800 ....
can it be like that on 2750 km range the Missile hit the target ... more accurately

I am interested because if it is new series we may see many more new Missiles both ballistic and cruise
how can it be another series when it is just a little enlarged shaheen 2
dont be stupid we arnt gonna see any more missiles not for another decade at least

I have read a lot of articles by that institution. They are mostly very informative and unbiased.

In one of their other articles they had suggested that Babur cruise missiles range can easily be increased up to 1500KM.
WOW we told this 8 years ago that we are working on long range Babur

how can it be another series when it is just a little enlarged shaheen 2
dont be stupid we arnt gonna see any more missiles not for another decade at least
We would see many Missiles within few months and years

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom