What's new

Information Pool & Analysis on Pakistan's AF Aspiration for Su-35 / Su-35S - FLANKER-E

The deal is unlikely to go through, not because of budget, not because of Indian lobbying, but because it simply doesn't make much sense for the PAF.
If that is the case than nothing makes sense for the PAF, not the J-10s, not SU-35, Gripen. The only thing that makes sense to them is Sola's. To hell with the amount of backward bending that needs to be done to get them.:hitwall:

SU 35 is good plane, but I have doubts that it will ever fly in Pakistani color. Anyway, geopolitics can take strange turns, with India going after Rafales and F16s, Russia may sell SU 35s to Pakistan to get back at India. But again, there are many deal between India and Russia such as PAK FA, nuclear submarines, Brahmos etc.... Will Russia be willing to jeopardize those deals to get back at India for India going with Rafales and F16s etc...?

If that is the case than nothing makes sense for the PAF, not the J-10s, not SU-35, Gripen. The only thing that makes sense to them is Sola's. To hell with the amount of backward bending that needs to be done to get them.:hitwall:
@MastanKhan is totally right in his analysis of PAF's attitude.

The Su35 is a heavy fighter, PAF has historically avoided heavy fighters, due to it being a mainly defensive air force. It would be better for PAF to go for the typhoon instead.

Yes he is. Few years back i too do not use to get Mastan's point of view. I was of the opinion that men in uniform know best and well how could they be wrong after all they are ones protecting our skies day and night when others sleep. Though i still believe in that but its the higher ups that are fucking it up (No offence to anybody) These people were in their prime when 16s came and they became in love with it and do not want to let it go even after more than 3 decades. The world has moved on, americans withhold our planes and sanctioned us, still PAF is obsessed with it.

The deal is unlikely to go through, not because of budget, not because of Indian lobbying, but because it simply doesn't make much sense for the PAF.
Its your opinion and issue of your sense which fail to comprehend the sensible part.
Other wise for PAF is does make sense and that is why we are working on it.
A twin engine long range air craft capable of delivering heavy payload is dire need for our Maritime and deep strike missions.

The Su35 is a heavy fighter, PAF has historically avoided heavy fighters, due to it being a mainly defensive air force. It would be better for PAF to go for the typhoon instead.
Sir the chances of getting typhoon is almost zero because of the number of countries involved in the project. Anyone of the countries involved can throw a spanner and deal is as good as dead. Besides if SU-35 is expensive how expensive would euro fighter be?
The cost of Eurofighter typhoon Tranche 3 is around 121.5 million flyaway and this is for the UK version, ours would probably be more while SU-35 costs somewhere between 45-65 million USD.
I got the figures for here:
https://defenseissues.wordpress.com/tag/eurofighter-typhoon-cost/

Don't over react on personal opinion of some random person on PDF.
No one here is official representative of Pakistan air force.
Exactly,
He want J10 instead of Jf17, M2K instead of F16, JH7 instead of Su35.
He like every thing which is not part of PAF.
He is right many times, but not always.

SU 35 is good plane, but I have doubts that it will ever fly in Pakistani color. Anyway, geopolitics can take strange turns, with India going after Rafales and F16s, Russia may sell SU 35s to Pakistan to get back at India. But again, there are many deal between India and Russia such as PAK FA, nuclear submarines, Brahmos etc.... Will Russia be willing to jeopardize those deals to get back at India for India going with Rafales and F16s etc...?
Can you elaborate how other deals of India are going to effect su35 deal ... From my point of view India has large fleet of su30 and therefore it is useless for them to buy su35 ... For Russians Pakistan is exclusive customer is su35 in South Asian market ....

For rest of the goodies you are quoting please tell me who is going to provide nuclear sub if not Russia ... Who is going to provide you tailor made 5th generation fighter with tot if not Russia ... Who is going to provide you s400 alternative ? Who is going to provide you stealth destroyers with full tot ? Who is going to have a JV for supersonic cruise missile with rights to sale to other nation if not Russia ?

Where you have options you already moving to west ... Be it medium weight fighter ... Conventional submarines .... Tejas avionics and other such projects ...

So what are you trying to say .. if Russia sell su35 to Pakistan (which india is not buying due to su30 sizeable quantity) are you going to cancel nuclear subs .. su 30 upgrades ... S400 Sam ... ???

If yes then what alternate you have for these class of weapons ? And what will Russia gain not supplying su35 to Pak ?

Last edited:
Don't over react on personal opinion of some random person on PDF.
No one here is official representative of Pakistan air force.

Nah i am not over reacting just that what he said, this is the popular believe in PAF. Just look at their procurement for the past 30 years and one gets an idea which direction they want to head. I dont know when the bhoot of remaining a defense force will end up in PAF?

Exactly,
He want J10 instead of Jf17, M2K instead of F16, JH7 instead of Su35.
He like every thing which is not part of PAF.
He is right many times, but not always.
I have also been interacting with him on this forum and I see J-10 in addition to JF-17, F-16 brings nothing but a crippled fighter prone to sanctions. JH7 is for maritime and anti-ship roles while he favours EFT over Su35 since he thinks that will bring a good EW/ECM package for JF-17 so clearly he is not against JF-17 rather he points out certain shortcomings in the design which I also agree with and that's where J-10 comes into the picture.

The problem is not Su-35 vs EFT or F-16 vs M2k or Rafale but the attitude of certain bosses in PAF who don't seem to learn from the history and thus being dishonest with the nation in performance of their duties

Last edited:
If would be Nice if PAF buy SU-35 ,

India will have access to its Radar Frequency, Its Anti Jamming frequency and in Time of WAR Russia will stop supplying of spare parts. It will as good as passenger plane then.

I don't know IF PAF people is less knowledgeable or people in PDF...

If would be Nice if PAF buy SU-35 ,

India will have access to its Radar Frequency, Its Anti Jamming frequency and in Time of WAR Russia will stop supplying of spare parts. It will as good as passenger plane then.

I don't know IF PAF people is less knowledgeable or people in PDF...
I suppose you went a bit overboard with the optimism!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom