What's new

Information Pool & Analysis on Pakistan's AF Aspiration for Su-35 / Su-35S - FLANKER-E

People just throw such liners as if Pakistan earlier was somewhere in Mars and now have finally rested in current location...Anyways if you can easily take the trade with Russia to $10 billion then whom i am to complain....all i can say is Best of Luck!!
Yes you are right that who are you to complain

This is what I was anticipating, regarding how true or serious the talks on SU-35 have been between Pakistan and Russia so far. Indian minister Rajnath Singh will visit Russia during the first ever Pakistan-Russia joint military exercise later this year, to convince the Russians not to sell SU-35 to Pakistan ...

Read more: https://sputniknews.com/military/20160912/1045227613/india-pakistan-russia-weapons.html
This is nothing which Pakistan and Russian have not anticipated...not surprising for both parties..and If Russia is serious in selling thes jets they might have already planned how to handle it.

This is nothing which Pakistan and Russian have not anticipated...not surprising for both parties..and If Russia is serious in selling thes jets they might have already planned how to handle it.

That might probably be the case. But, whether it is or not was not the crux of my post. My post was not about whether this will get finalized and eventually a contract signed. That may or may not happen.

My post was about the fact that this whole thing that started last year, is not just a case of propaganda and some pressure tactics by the Russians to persuade the Indians back to their fold. In fact, it is something quite real ... unlike certain posters' contention that all this is just a fan boy's pipe dream.

Pakistan is playing a good delaying tactics, neither we interested in SU-30 nor Russia. The more rafale deal will delay the more we get the time. Thumbs up to our strategists.

Don't you agree our air capability has improved compared to the same say five to seven years ago.
Yes but our enemy capabilities have also gone up 5 times more than us we must act alone JF 17 and F 16 can't handle the heat of 5 different type of jets and in numbers from India

Pakistan must have 36 to 50 SU 35

5TH generation jet is 20 years ahead we need stop gape SU 35

Pakistan is playing a good delaying tactics, neither we interested in SU-30 nor Russia. The more rafale deal will delay the more we get the time. Thumbs up to our strategists.
Why rafale deal deny on our SU 35 negotiating it's make no sense what you are saying

If even delay how much Max 5 years india will get rafale but Pak can't get Chinese 5th generation jet till next 15 to 20 yrs

That might probably be the case. But, whether it is or not was not the crux of my post. My post was not about whether this will get finalized and eventually a contract signed. That may or may not happen.

My post was about the fact that this whole thing that started last year, is not just a case of propaganda and some pressure tactics by the Russians to persuade the Indians back to their fold. In fact, it is something quite real ... unlike certain posters' contention that all this is just a fan boy's pipe dream.
I remember Pakistan talking about the Erieye AEW&C in 2003-2004. The contract was signed in 2006. This is in the case of a country with whom we've had more or less neutral to semi-positive defence ties. Whether it's Su-35 or not, to expect Russia to warm up to big-ticket arms sales so soon is not wise. If the sale is to happen, it'll be a few years before it's inked, IMO.

Whether it's Su-35 or not, to expect Russia to warm up to big-ticket arms sales so soon is not wise. If the sale is to happen, it'll be a few years before it's inked, IMO.

6 months or so, max!! This is a very fast moving train.

I remember Pakistan talking about the Erieye AEW&C in 2003-2004. The contract was signed in 2006. This is in the case of a country with whom we've had more or less neutral to semi-positive defence ties. Whether it's Su-35 or not, to expect Russia to warm up to big-ticket arms sales so soon is not wise. If the sale is to happen, it'll be a few years before it's inked, IMO.
A bucket of salt at best. The Su-35 deal was rumoured back during the Chinese Su-35 deal trumours. The Indian lobby in Russia is not dead and it wont let this happen. It will die at Putin's desk who wants to keep India on. There is a LOT opening up for Pakistan in Russia, but big ticket and "Make India whine" sales like the Su-35 arent happening anytime soon.

OTOH, expect a lot of smaller but significant sales in land warfare systems , naval systems and much more in less talked about but equally significant "building block" systems.

That being said, this is Putin; and if Modi tends to get too close to the US in his effort to isolate Pakistan and also emerge ahead of China - who knows.

A bucket of salt at best. The Su-35 deal was rumoured back during the Chinese Su-35 deal trumours. The Indian lobby in Russia is not dead and it wont let this happen. It will die at Putin's desk who wants to keep India on. There is a LOT opening up for Pakistan in Russia, but big ticket and "Make India whine" sales like the Su-35 arent happening anytime soon.

OTOH, expect a lot of smaller but significant sales in land warfare systems , naval systems and much more in less talked about but equally significant "building block" systems.

That being said, this is Putin; and if Modi tends to get too close to the US in his effort to isolate Pakistan and also emerge ahead of China - who knows.
Sir SU-35 is taking place yes Indian lobby is not dead but Russia didn't started talks without knowing the effect it will have on India. Russia is looking to join CPEC soon and are more than willing to sell us fighter Jets

Indeed. There are big-ticket opportunities in Pakistan for Russia, though maybe not as flashy as Su-35, they're valuable in their own way.

For example, I am sure the Russians would love to push their attack helicopters. For one thing, we are not short of options in this department (hence our interest is not entirely borne from desperation), but a sale to us - i.e. an active COIN user (and budding COIN expert via ACE) - is a major stamp of credibility for the winning platform.

Ditto for small arms, light armour, that Ratnik soldier system etc.

The long-term necessity of the JF-17 is another area; should the Russians offer the RD-33MK, then Klimov would have secured a major market for the long and very long-term.

Back
Top Bottom