What's new

Information Pool & Analysis on Pakistan's AF Aspiration for Su-35 / Su-35S - FLANKER-E

If Pakistan is successful in acquiring these air crafts, more than the airplanes themselves, Russia opening up defense exports to Pakistan will set India back. It may be a calculated gamble from Russia or simply interest expressed from Pakistan, but seeing how often this topic pops up in the news, something is definitely brewing. India's counter response will be worth watching out for.

If Pakistan is successful in acquiring these air crafts, more than the airplanes themselves, Russia opening up defense exports to Pakistan will set India back. It may be a calculated gamble from Russia or simply interest expressed from Pakistan, but seeing how often this topic pops up in the news, something is definitely brewing. India's counter response will be worth watching out for.

True however where is it popping up?? Trust me Indian media will harp on it like crazy the moment they hear a rumor like this...as per my knowledge they have not..logically don't make sense unless and until Russia is no longer interested in friendly relations with India....however last i checked Russia is still our strategic partner...

True however where is it popping up?? Trust me Indian media will harp on it like crazy the moment they hear a rumor like this...as per my knowledge they have not..logically don't make sense unless and until Russia is no longer interested in friendly relations with India....however last i checked Russia is still our strategic partner...
Russia also sells to China, does that mean Russia is no longer interested in friendly relations with India? This is all about interests. If India can go and buy weapons from West, does this means India is no longer interested in friendly relations with Russia? Which ever way you take it India cannot force Russia to do anything, it can merely protest but rest assured whether Russia sells to Pakistan or not, India will have to maintain its relations with the red bear.
Besides when is it ever about friendship specially in international arena. Yesterday's enemies are today's friends. With Rafale deal in the limbo, and US pushing for F-16s under made in India tag, Russia will most probably adopt a policy of wait and watch and such news about opening up to Pakistan will keep poping up to give India the hint but once India does go for US hardware F-16s or 18s, Russia will most definitely open up to Pakistan.

sure, but 17 Squadrons of MKI of IAF, pose no challenge to anyone, right?
Are all 17 squadrons facing Pakistan? If your answer is yes, than it poses a big threat. But even if they are not all facing Pakistan, they still pose a considerable threat combine with other platforms available to India. On the other hand all Pakistani squadrons are facing India and add 2 more squadrons of a formidable plane such as SU-35, it will pose a serious challenge to IAF.

putinoneover.png

Buddy you are wrong on few counts..let me try to share my thoughts...

Russia also sells to China, does that mean Russia is no longer interested in friendly relations with India? This is all about interests. If India can go and buy weapons from West, does this means India is no longer interested in friendly relations with Russia? Which ever way you take it India cannot force Russia to do anything, it can merely protest but rest assured whether Russia sells to Pakistan or not, India will have to maintain its relations with the red bear.
You are comparing Apples and Oranges...India-China relations cannot be compared with India-Pakistan....Secondly Pakistan can never match Indian appetite nor we can challenge China's appetite...so you see the difference? Russia being our strategic partner cannot sell weapons that are going to directly threaten us...If they do then they simply cannot be our strategic partner....now if I have to chose between a market as huge as India vs a market offered by Pakistan then i will certainly chose India 10 out of 10 times...not sure how you see it...Mind it i am not even bringing in decades old relations with Russians..

Regarding India's interest in western toys that keep in mind none of that is threatening Russia..which is not the case with Pakistan acquiring top notch Russian weapons...Also right now Russian loosing a part of the pie...not sure if it makes sense to loose the entire share of the pie because a part has been given to someone else....

Besides when is it ever about friendship specially in international arena. Yesterday's enemies are today's friends. With Rafale deal in the limbo, and US pushing for F-16s under made in India tag, Russia will most probably adopt a policy of wait and watch and such news about opening up to Pakistan will keep poping up to give India the hint but once India does go for US hardware F-16s or 18s, Russia will most definitely open up to Pakistan.
Wrong...there is nothing to wait in that front...Russian plane has already lost that bid way back in 2008...so irrespective of where we go Russians will gain nothing by waiting on this...Let me ask you this in a different fashion...how many planes you think PAF will order? Let's have a ball park figure...and then let's compare that with what Russians risk loosing....

Are all 17 squadrons facing Pakistan? If your answer is yes, than it poses a big threat. But even if they are not all facing Pakistan, they still pose a considerable threat combine with other platforms available to India. On the other hand all Pakistani squadrons are facing India and add 2 more squadrons of a formidable plane such as SU-35, it will pose a serious challenge to IAF.

How may Squadrons you think PAF will be facing should hostilities break out? Do you think we are going to keep more on Eastern front where there is a risk of Chinese aggression vs on west where hostilities are already on??

Meanwhile Russian embassy website is hosting this recent article by a Eastern European magazine:

httpwwwrusembindiacom/russia-india-dialogue-en/press-on-bilateral-relations/102-pressonbilateralrelation/8040-india-ready-to-strike-mega-defence-deals-with-russia

Source: Official Russian embassy website
9 Sept passed no news yet from Indian deal

sure, but 17 Squadrons of MKI of IAF, pose no challenge to anyone, right?
But if you compare current situation with just ( F7pgs + F-16 + JF-17) vs (Su-30 MKI + Rafales + Su 27s + Mig 29s + Mig 25s ) with near future conditions with ( F7pgs + F-16 + JF-17 + SU 35 / EFT ) vs (Su-30 MKI + Rafales + Su 27s + Mig 29s + Mig 25s )...so being everything equal ...SU 35 / EFT will make a big difference to equation.

But if you compare current situation with just ( F7pgs + F-16 + JF-17) vs (Su-30 MKI + Rafales + Su 27s + Mig 29s + Mig 25s ) with near future conditions with ( F7pgs + F-16 + JF-17 + SU 35 / EFT ) vs (Su-30 MKI + Rafales + Su 27s + Mig 29s + Mig 25s )...so being everything equal ...SU 35 / EFT will make a big difference to equation.
U need to edit your post - The IAF doesn't have Su27s (had return back to Russia) and MiG 25 has been redrawn from service and Add the Mirage 2000 for now and future!

Starship Enterprise and Galactica are missing from your inventory. :coffee:

U need to edit your post - The IAF doesn't have Su27s (had return back to Russia) and MiG 25 has been redrawn from service and Add the Mirage 2000 for now and future!
Ok thanks for correction... but what about Jaguars?

Starship Enterprise and Galactica are missing from your inventory. :coffee:
Oh my bad...next time may be :)

Back
Top Bottom