What's new

Indonesian vice president meets with senior Chinese military official !

Which is why i don't take them serious in this forum. The exaggeration, the lies, the overstatement of Vietnam's importance in ancient times to this day is beyond believable. Without Vietnam there is no ASEAN it seems

The Viet guy is a Viet living abroad, his family ran when the NVA overtook Saigon. He thought that the South Vietnam was the most advanced military in SEA, no wonder he also thought that Vietnam is the most advanced country in SEA today. Most of overseas Vietnameses don't even know how their country look like today, heck even some viet communities abroad still fly the South Vietnamese Flag. :lol:

This is from AP (Associated Press) which is usually in line with US general policy:

" U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry congratulated Widodo soon after Tuesday's official result, and hours later, President Obama called the president-elect. He pointedly stated, according to a White House statement issued Wednesday, that "through this free-and-fair election, the people of Indonesia have once again shown their commitment to democracy."

Working with current President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, who has served since 2004 and will cede power Oct. 20, Obama has cultivated a stronger U.S. relationship with Indonesia as part of his administration's effort to "rebalance" American foreign policy toward Asia. Obama, who lived in Indonesia as a child, visited the country twice during his first term.

The two nations declared a comprehensive partnership in 2010, and cooperate on areas including health, environment, education and regional diplomacy. Washington has encouraged Indonesia's de facto leadership of Southeast Asia's regional bloc as it strives for economic integration and copes with the rise of increasingly assertive China.

Indonesia has sought to main a strategic balance between the U.S. and China, and that's likely to continue under Widodo, although he's given few clues during the campaign about foreign policy, a field where he has scant experience. His first opportunity to meet Obama is likely to be at the East Asia Summit to be held in Myanmar in November. "

US hails Indonesia democracy in turbulent SE Asia - Yahoo News

Obama and John Kerry is just another delusional poster for some random Viets here

So much jokes from our Viet friend here, they think highly for themselves but surely they are dirt poor in the purse. Come on, a regional leader who can't fund such a measly International games like Asian Games what kind of regional leader it is? A regional leader should have a deep pocket to finance their project in the regional forum, that's why only Indonesia and Singapore can fit the role. And those Singaporean is more than gladly to abandon ASEAN with us and pursue their own interest
Singapore has money and expertise. Indo? How much are Indo economics and political footprints in ASEAN? nothing or little.
If Indonesia leaves ASEAN today, nobody will notice tomorrow. Just telling you the truth. no offence.
Asian Games and other stuffs are not relating to how ASEAN is organised. Why do you want to change the rules?

Again, put my words into your head and other dreamers: ASEAN has a rotating chairmanship. Period.

let me know when Barrack Obama or Xi Jinping says Indo is the boss.
everything else is irrelevant, including your comments.

You are the one who asked for it my VN friend, dont blame me then for the consequences of this another question.......:D

Obama speech in Jakarta:

1. "As one of the world’s largest democracies, as the largest economy in Southeast Asia and as a member of the G20, as a regional leader, as a vast archipelago on the front lines of climate change, and as a society of extraordinary diversity -- Indonesia is where many of the challenges and the opportunities of the 21st century come together."

2. " Obviously the most important thing that comes out of this visit is finalizing the comprehensive partnership between our two countries. We are very invested in making this successful because it is our belief that Indonesia is not just a rising regional power but a rising world power. And as the world’s two most populous -- two of the three most populous democracies, as countries that I think share a tradition of pluralism and diversity, for us to work together -- "

Find those Obama words from this link my friend:

Full transcripts of speeches during US President Barack Obama's state visit in Indonesia, Nov. 9-10 | The Jakarta Post

let me know when Barrack Obama or Xi Jinping says Indo is the boss.
everything else is irrelevant, including your comments.

Apply_cold_water_to_burned_area.jpeg

You are the one who asked for it my VN friend, dont blame me then for the consequences of this another question.......:D

Obama speech in Jakarta:

1. "As one of the world’s largest democracies, as the largest economy in Southeast Asia and as a member of the G20, as a regional leader, as a vast archipelago on the front lines of climate change, and as a society of extraordinary diversity -- Indonesia is where many of the challenges and the opportunities of the 21st century come together."

2. " Obviously the most important thing that comes out of this visit is finalizing the comprehensive partnership between our two countries. We are very invested in making this successful because it is our belief that Indonesia is not just a rising regional power but a rising world power. And as the world’s two most populous -- two of the three most populous democracies, as countries that I think share a tradition of pluralism and diversity, for us to work together -- "

Find those Obama words from this link my friend:

Full transcripts of speeches during US President Barack Obama's state visit in Indonesia, Nov. 9-10 | The Jakarta Post
are all Indo mems having delusion today? leader of ASEAN. there is no such a thing.
Also, Vietnam was called as regional power. What is your point?

‘Vietnam has emerged as a regional power in South-East Asia’: Hamid Ansari | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

Singapore has money and expertise. Indo? How much are Indo economics and political footprints in ASEAN? nothing or little.

Lol, if Indo has no money neither expertise, Indonesia wouldn't be the biggest economy in ASEAN would it? We will be another Vietnam if Indonesia has no money or expertise.

Anyway, ASEAN is Indonesia's legacy, Indonesia was one of ASEAN founding nation, ASEAN office is in Jakarta.

are all Indo mems having delusion today? leader of ASEAN. there is no such a thing.

‘Vietnam has emerged as a regional power in South-East Asia’: Hamid Ansari | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

You are a minor regional power, it is correct, and Indonesia is a major one....

1280px-Regional_powers_2012_updated3.png

Major regional powers in teal, and minor regional powers in light teal

Regional power - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At least we don't daydream everyday like Vietnam :lol:

Yes Vietnam is a regional power, but rather a minor.

Regional_powers_2012_updated3.png

Anyway, how hard is it for you to accet that:

Vietnam is a poor country
Vietnam is nothing
Vietnam holds no diplomatic voice

?

The Viet guy is a Viet living abroad, his family ran when the NVA overtook Saigon. He thought that the South Vietnam was the most advanced military in SEA, no wonder he also thought that Vietnam is the most advanced country in SEA today. Most of overseas Vietnameses don't even know how their country look like today, heck even some viet communities abroad still fly the South Vietnamese Flag. :lol:
bullshit. you are clueless.

like many other overseas Vietnamese, I have a very close relationship to Vietnam. there is no difference between South and North Vietnamese when protesting against the Chinese.
last time when I visited the country, I stayed at the homes of my relatives.
when Chinese provocateur deployed the oil rig, our local Vietnamese community here in Germany organised several public protests before Chinese consulate.

You are a minor regional power, it is correct, and Indonesia is a major one....

1280px-Regional_powers_2012_updated3.png

Major regional powers in teal, and minor regional powers in light teal

Regional power - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We are a minor regional power? We only have a very limited firepower, the 6%-7% GDP is just statistics and an insane president. I doubt that we are in any ways a regional power.

We are a minor regional power? We only have a very limited firepower, the 6%-7% GDP is just statistics and an insane president. I doubt that we are in any ways a regional power.

obviously, this map can be reclassified into more categories.

Minor regional power in SEA region. It means all counted factors like GDP, land, population, etc are measured relatively from other countries in the same region.

If Indonesia leaves ASEAN today, nobody will notice tomorrow. Just telling you the truth. no offence.
Asian Games and other stuffs are not relating to how ASEAN is organised. Why do you want to change the rules?

Again, put my words into your head and other dreamers: ASEAN has a rotating chairmanship. Period.

Hohoho, day dreaming again Viet? let me know, your dirt poor country cannot held a measly games such as Asean games just because you can't allocate a measly 6 billion US dollar? when Jakarta Municipal alone can allocate those 6 billion US dollar for the games, you calling us nothing? Jakarta municipal GDP alone is much bigger than the entire your GDP summed :coffee: what kind of thing from a country with 90 billion US dollar GDP can do for the world? :coffee: That's the difference of power between us. Just because we are keep silent in every matter doesn't mean we are do nothing, we are doing everything behind the curtain to keep the problems in check. The average Indonesian doesn't like the light spot in international matter :sarcastic::haha:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom