What's new

Indonesia Maritime defence and security issue

I don't think this step by our govt will have an impact on bilateral relationship with any country. Unless there's a country supporting criminal activities of their citizen in foreign territory.

We only punish the illegals and poachers not every single foreign boat on our waters. Those that have the permit to do fishing or whatever are free.

These poachers often use Indonesian flag and Indonesian name on their boat to trick our coast guard. They know what they're doing, it's not because of GPS malfunctioning.

WOW..
These small boat can go that far to Indonesia?
Can they survive the wind on the ocean?

How far? Indonesia is right next door from Phillipine. It probably could only take few hours from Southern Phillipine to reach our northern waters with that boat.

Last edited:
this time the Chinese ones, we caught 22 of them near Arafura Sea

Menteri Susi Tangkap 22 Kapal Tiongkok Pencuri Ikan di Laut Indonesia

Wiji Nurhayat - detikFinance

Jakarta - Usai menangkap 5 kapal asing asal Thailand di Perairan Berau, Kalimantan Timur, Menteri Kelautan dan Perikanan Susi Pudjiastuti kembali menangkap kapal asing yang diduga mencuri ikan di laut Indonesia.

Sebanyak 22 kapal asal Tiongkok tertangkap tangan masuk ke zona tangkap (fishing ground) Laut Arafura, Indonesia.

"Ada beberapa pemain yang mencoba main belakang. Kemarin jam 3 sore kita tangkap 22 kapal asal Tiongkok di atas 300 GT masih melakukan penangkapan di Laut Arafura," ungkap Susi di kantor Kementerian Kelautan dan Perikanan, Jalan Medan Merdeka Timur, Jakarta, Senin (8/12/2014).

Seluruh kapal asal Tiongkok itu ditangkap setelah terdeteksi oleh alat Automatic Identification System (AIS) yang dibuat International Maritime Organization (IMO) yang terkoneksi sistem INDESO. Selain 22 kapal itu, KKP juga menangkap 3 kapal yang beridentitas Manokwari I, II, dan III. Tiga kapal diduga telah menyalahi aturan Surat Izin Penangkapan Ikan (SIPI) dan Surat Izin Kapal Pengangkut Ikan (SIKPI).

"Pagi kemarin ada 3 kapal yaitu Manokwari I, II, dan III yang menyalahi SIPI dan SKIPI. Saya minta pak Dirjen mencabut SIPI dan SKIPI karena tidak melaksanakan prosedur penangkapan ikan," imbuhnya.

Lalu Susi juga mengungkap masih banyak para pelaku usaha tangkap perikanan yang memanipulasi data. Jika itu masih terjadi, maka Susi tidak ragu-ragu untuk menarik izin baik SIPI maupun SKIPI.

"Dengan jelas-jelas membohongi hasil data. Mereka katakan tangkapan 1 tahun 50 ton berarti 1 hari 200 kg. Kapal 5 GT saja di Pangandaran sehari 500-1 ton. Saya bilang ini tidak korporatif dan menyepelekan saya sebagai petugas negara. Ini tidak bisa kita biarkan," tegasnya.

translate

Susi Minister Catch 22 Chinese Fishing Ships Fishing Illegally in Indonesia

Jakarta - After capturing five foreign vessels in waters from Thailand Berau, East Kalimantan, Minister of Marine and Fisheries Susi Pudjiastuti re-capture foreign ships suspected of stealing fish in the sea Indonesia.

A total of 22 ships from China were caught into the capture zone (fishing ground) Arafura Sea, Indonesia.

"There are some players who try to play back. Yesterday at 3 pm we captured 22 ships from China over 300 GT still making arrests in the Arafura Sea," said Susi at the office of the Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries, Jalan Medan Merdeka Timur, Jakarta, Monday (8 / 12/2014).

The entire ship from China were arrested after detected by means of the Automatic Identification System (AIS), which made the International Maritime Organization (IMO) is connected INDESO system. In addition to the vessel 22, CTF also caught 3 ships identity Manokwari I, II, and III. Three vessels are alleged to have violated the rules of a fishing permit (SIPI) and Permit Transports Fish (SIKPI).

"Yesterday morning there were three ships of Manokwari I, II, and III that violates the SIPI and SKIPI. I'm a pack of DG revoke SIPI and SKIPI for not carrying out the procedure fishing," she added.

Then Susi also reveals many businesses that manipulate data capture fisheries. If it still happens, then Susie did not hesitate to pull both SIPI and SKIPI permission.

"By clearly lied to the results of data. They say the catch 1 year 50 tons means 1 day to 200 kg. The ship 5 GT only in Pangandaran 500-1 tons a day. I say this not underestimate me as a corporative and state officials. It can not be us leave, "she said.

this time the Chinese ones, we caught 22 of them near Arafura Sea

Jakarta - Usai menangkap 5 kapal asing asal Thailand di Perairan Berau, Kalimantan Timur, Menteri Kelautan dan Perikanan Susi Pudjiastuti kembali menangkap kapal asing yang diduga mencuri ikan di laut Indonesia.

Sebanyak 22 kapal asal Tiongkok tertangkap tangan masuk ke zona tangkap (fishing ground) Laut Arafura, Indonesia.

"Ada beberapa pemain yang mencoba main belakang. Kemarin jam 3 sore kita tangkap 22 kapal asal Tiongkok di atas 300 GT masih melakukan penangkapan di Laut Arafura," ungkap Susi di kantor Kementerian Kelautan dan Perikanan, Jalan Medan Merdeka Timur, Jakarta, Senin (8/12/2014).

Seluruh kapal asal Tiongkok itu ditangkap setelah terdeteksi oleh alat Automatic Identification System (AIS) yang dibuat International Maritime Organization (IMO) yang terkoneksi sistem INDESO. Selain 22 kapal itu, KKP juga menangkap 3 kapal yang beridentitas Manokwari I, II, dan III. Tiga kapal diduga telah menyalahi aturan Surat Izin Penangkapan Ikan (SIPI) dan Surat Izin Kapal Pengangkut Ikan (SIKPI).

"Pagi kemarin ada 3 kapal yaitu Manokwari I, II, dan III yang menyalahi SIPI dan SKIPI. Saya minta pak Dirjen mencabut SIPI dan SKIPI karena tidak melaksanakan prosedur penangkapan ikan," imbuhnya.

Lalu Susi juga mengungkap masih banyak para pelaku usaha tangkap perikanan yang memanipulasi data. Jika itu masih terjadi, maka Susi tidak ragu-ragu untuk menarik izin baik SIPI maupun SKIPI.

"Dengan jelas-jelas membohongi hasil data. Mereka katakan tangkapan 1 tahun 50 ton berarti 1 hari 200 kg. Kapal 5 GT saja di Pangandaran sehari 500-1 ton. Saya bilang ini tidak korporatif dan menyepelekan saya sebagai petugas negara. Ini tidak bisa kita biarkan," tegasnya.

translate

Susi Minister Catch 22 Chinese Fishing Ships Fishing Illegally in Indonesia

Jakarta - After capturing five foreign vessels in waters from Thailand Berau, East Kalimantan, Minister of Marine and Fisheries Susi Pudjiastuti re-capture foreign ships suspected of stealing fish in the sea Indonesia.

A total of 22 ships from China were caught into the capture zone (fishing ground) Arafura Sea, Indonesia.

"There are some players who try to play back. Yesterday at 3 pm we captured 22 ships from China over 300 GT still making arrests in the Arafura Sea," said Susi at the office of the Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries, Jalan Medan Merdeka Timur, Jakarta, Monday (8 / 12/2014).

The entire ship from China were arrested after detected by means of the Automatic Identification System (AIS), which made the International Maritime Organization (IMO) is connected INDESO system. In addition to the vessel 22, CTF also caught 3 ships identity Manokwari I, II, and III. Three vessels are alleged to have violated the rules of a fishing permit (SIPI) and Permit Transports Fish (SIKPI).

"Yesterday morning there were three ships of Manokwari I, II, and III that violates the SIPI and SKIPI. I'm a pack of DG revoke SIPI and SKIPI for not carrying out the procedure fishing," she added.

Then Susi also reveals many businesses that manipulate data capture fisheries. If it still happens, then Susie did not hesitate to pull both SIPI and SKIPI permission.

"By clearly lied to the results of data. They say the catch 1 year 50 tons means 1 day to 200 kg. The ship 5 GT only in Pangandaran 500-1 tons a day. I say this not underestimate me as a corporative and state officials. It can not be us leave, "she said.
show us the pics when you blow them up, brave indos.

This issue will getting more and more interesting in the weeks to come....

Vietnamese boats around 70GT
Thailand boats around 100-200GT
Tiongkok boats around 300-1200GT

Haha.. well, what can i say... We only wish to maintain peace, law and order within our territory. We want to secure our $30B/annum potential asset, that's serious amount of money we're talking there.

illegal and unreported fishing activities are condemned all around the world, and we comply with that. You want our fish, then buy from our market.. buy from our fisherman, as simple as that..

There's no protest from Vietnam. Because we two have agreed boundary.
Who violated could be arrested.

Pynoy authority could apply same method to counter Chinese fishermen.:enjoy:
But if that happens, some Chinese members here will threat "dropping megaton object over Philippine cities" and bark war against us like as if arresting their fishermen is crimes against Chinese people and would even bark "exterminate the Pinoys!" and stuff similar to that quoted statement. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I thought it is Vietnam fishing boat...Not Philippine..Vietnam is far from Indonesia
Also these boat seems very small.
I wonder if they can survive if any Typhoon comes.

I don't think this step by our govt will have an impact on bilateral relationship with any country. Unless there's a country supporting criminal activities of their citizen in foreign territory.

We only punish the illegals and poachers not every single foreign boat on our waters. Those that have the permit to do fishing or whatever are free.

These poachers often use Indonesian flag and Indonesian name on their boat to trick our coast guard. They know what they're doing, it's not because of GPS malfunctioning.

How far? Indonesia is right next door from Phillipine. It probably could only take few hours from Southern Phillipine to reach our northern waters with that boat.

This is a strange way to handle illegal fishing.
It looks like violence because they use explosive and cannon to sink those ships.
It causes visual performance.

It's not good as they claim to confiscate those ships.

with small boats but we have been controlled Paracel and Spratly from long time ago in the past.

I thought it is Vietnam fishing boat...Not Philippine..Vietnam is far from Indonesia
Also these boat seems very small.
I wonder if they can survive if any Typhoon comes.

These small boats don't go back and forth from Indonesia to Vietnam. There are bigger ships waiting and collect their catch right outside Indonesia EEZ where Indo coast guard has no jurisdiction to detain them.

There is also our corrupt officers who protect and provide save haven for them (poachers) inside our territory. As of now a new task force has been formed to deal with the naughty officials.. investigate and bring them to justice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom