What's new

Indonesia Maritime defence and security issue

How about this one?

Indonesia's Global Maritime Fulcrum: Maritime defence and security policy

Hahaha... Kita ini yach... Seperti mau memberi nama pada anak pertama...

We are such a hillarious bunch... So serious in finding a suitable title... Just like a seriousness when naming our first child...

that's a good one @pr1v4t33r

but let's not be too hasty, how about we wait until the number are even between country V vs X,Y,Z ... if in the next 5 catches there are no more than 2 from country V then we can change it.

or..

How about we wait till 4 years from now before we change the title? at the time the country V has become rich and no more poachers.. someone said so.

@katarabhumi, still itchy to rub more salt into the wound i see :D
Yeah, I guess we should wait few more days, just in case... Because if more than 60% poachers are originated from one country, it's definitely merit a mention.

Last edited:
Accurate Data on Illegal Fishing Key to Global Food Security: Minister

Susi-Da-Silva.jpg

Jakarta.
As part of Indonesia's commitment to the global fight against illegal fishing, it has called on members of the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization to provide the organization with more accurate and reliable data regarding transgressions.

The statement was conveyed by Marine Affairs and Fisheries Minister Susi Pudjiastuti, who headed the Indonesian delegation at the 32nd session of the FAO Committee on Fisheries (COFI) in Rome on Monday (11/07).

In her message, Susi said the fishing industry is one of the most important factors driving global economic growth, social inclusivity and environmental preservation.

"This proves that Indonesia is very serious about the role the sea plays in its future, by basing it on the three pillars of sovereignty, sustainability and prosperity," Susi said on Tuesday.

The minister also introduced the One Data Initiative program to improve the fisheries data collection process in order to develop more sustainable food security with international help.

"Indonesia is currently developing the One Data Initiative to improve data collection with three approaches – human resources, processes and technology," Susi said.

http://jakartaglobe.id/news/accurate-data-illegal-fishing-key-global-food-security-minister/

@Viet just go fishing in your own water, and everything will be okay... simple..
nobody can predict the future, but I do it here. I predict viet illegal fishing will be history in four year, because those fishermen will find jobs in the booming domestic factories given our economic progress, and second, there is a better way to fish. it is economically crazy to spend time, money and fuel to fish in waters far from home. risking being arrested and spent in jails.

there is a new development. viet fishers are beginning to set up mass of glass houses, where shrimps are raised. with pollution and epidemics controlled. the technology is provided by high-tech Israeli and German companies. fully automatic. the first result is very promising. shrimps grow very quick, farmers can shorten the farming time, having 3-4 crops a year, with shrimp output up to 15 times higher than farming the traditional way. it works for shrimps. so why not for fish?

the biggest disadvantage is the high investment cost. state subsidized cheap loans can help.

20161028130730-envir-shrimp.jpg

nobody can predict the future, but I do it here. I predict viet illegal fishing will be history in four year, because those fishermen will find jobs in the booming domestic factories given our economic progress, and second, there is a better way to fish. it is economically crazy to spend time, money and fuel to fish in waters far from home. risking being arrested and spent in jails.

there is a new development. viet fishers are beginning to set up mass of glass houses, where shrimps are raised. with pollution and epidemics controlled. the technology is provided by high-tech Israeli and German companies. fully automatic. the first result is very promising. shrimps grow very quick, farmers can shorten the farming time, having 3-4 crops a year, with shrimp output up to 15 times higher than farming the traditional way. it works for shrimps. so why not for fish?

the biggest disadvantage is the high investment cost. state subsidized cheap loans can help.

20161028130730-envir-shrimp.jpg

You mean Aquaculture? That requires more work than actually fishing in the sea and they earn a lot less. Now see why people prefer to poach and why its not going away anytime soon. To say that illegal fishing will just go away is absurd Vietnam will continue to stole our rightful resources for the next 20 years unless we stop it. Example look at us. We are the premier Aquaculture king in the region & we still have our fishermen gone rogue to poach because caught fish worth a lot more.

The problem with Aquaculture You can only farm certain type of fish and to add the quality of said fish are inferior compared to the one that's caught. As a professional fish eater I can attest that farmed fish are infinitely inferior compared to fish caught in sea. The only thing farmed fish are good for are for mass consumption and to offset the price of better quality fish.

17ff793167858da45ee0991fb4ceb7ac.jpg

Me when Im eating fish:

Also fun fact about aquaculture:
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/12/21/9-farmed-fish-facts.aspx

A good video about Aquaculture:

You mean Aquaculture? That requires more work than actually fishing in the sea and they earn a lot less. Now see why people prefer to poach and why its not going away anytime soon. To say that illegal fishing will just go away is absurd Vietnam will continue to stole our rightful resources for the next 20 years unless we stop it. Example look at us. We are the premier Aquaculture king in the region & we still have our fishermen gone rogue to poach because caught fish worth a lot more.

The problem with Aquaculture You can only farm certain type of fish and to add the quality of said fish are inferior compared to the one that's caught. As a professional fish eater I can attest that farmed fish are infinitely inferior compared to fish caught in sea. The only thing farmed fish are good for are for mass consumption and to offset the price of better quality fish.

Me when Im eating fish:

Also fun fact about aquaculture:
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/12/21/9-farmed-fish-facts.aspx

A good video about Aquaculture:
Have you seen the picture I posted? The pond is in glass house, where everything is controlled by computer. That is new. The taste of such fish may not be as good as free caught one but it is cheaper. And If you go to any supermarket in Germany, unless it is a special fish store, you will find 90 % are aquaculture fish, be fresh or frozen. You have the choice. Do you want pay double for free caught fish? If yes, then ok. For me, It is no difference in planting rice or fish.

Raising fish in industrial scale makes fish affordable for everyone. Aquaculture is the future. Our fishermen should stop illegal fishing but raise shrimps and fish at home in such glass houses and export to Europe. with zero import tariff next year as we signed free trade deal with them recently. That is a huge market for our fish industry, I am pretty sure.

Indonesia Navy blow up illegal fishing boats ?

whoa..... its missleading thread title.

that's a good one @pr1v4t33r

but let's not be too hasty, how about we wait until the number are even between country V vs X,Y,Z ... if in the next 5 catches there are no more than 2 from country V then we can change it.

or..

How about we wait till 4 years from now before we change the title? at the time the country V has become rich and no more poachers.. someone said so.

Dude, you are TERRIBLE!!:lol:

As a professional fish eater I can attest that farmed fish are infinitely inferior compared to fish caught in sea.

Me when Im eating fish:

Man, how do I become a professional fish eater?

Have you seen the picture I posted? The pond is in glass house, where everything is controlled by computer. That is new. The taste of such fish may not be as good as free caught one but it is cheaper. And If you go to any supermarket in Germany, unless it is a special fish store, you will find 90 % are aquaculture fish, be fresh or frozen. You have the choice. Do you want pay double for free caught fish? If yes, then ok. For me, It is no difference in planting rice or fish.

Raising fish in industrial scale makes fish affordable for everyone. Aquaculture is the future. Our fishermen should stop illegal fishing but raise shrimps and fish at home in such glass houses and export to Europe. with zero import tariff next year as we signed free trade deal with them recently. That is a huge market for our fish industry, I am pretty sure.

Are you saying just because its "automatic" it require less work. No its less labor intensive 4 sure but it will requires constant maintenance. From a more qualified labor.

Fisherman are specialized labor they cant just switch jobs whenever an alzhaimer patient from germany said they should. The truth is viet fisherman will continue to poach till kingdom come if someone doesnt stop them.

Enclosed aquaculture is not something new. We already have those right here and it didnt stop illegal fishing from our side.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom