What's new

Indonesia Maritime defence and security issue

We too have the "traditional fishing ground". In Indian ocean, Australia, and Pacific.

Our ancestors had sailed for thousand of years as far as the eastern coast of Africa and even made colonies in Madagascar before first European ever reach there.

And up until early 20th century, our fisherman were still fishing in Australian waters but despite the history, we respect modern maritime boundaries.

Vietnamese may still fishing in our waters but please do so legally because our fishermen are in need too.

We aren't intended to make fun of you, we know the sensitivity, which is why we don't add anything insulting nor inflammatory in our posts other than just the news updates. Well,,, that is unless being provoked first.

Good, Then maybe you can teach your countrymen how to become rich without poaching.
discussinng with you become slowly meaningless. have I said previoisly if I had the power, I would stop them immediately. but no, even the viet government with the coast guard can´t prevent them from illegal fishing. what can we do?

should we erect a great sea wall along the common border to indonesia? with warships and subs guarding the wall?

illegal fishing is bad. so drug abuse. why don´t you allow mass killings like the pinoys practise now?

as said, I expect illegal fishing of viet fishermen will disappear in 4 years. until then, you can keep this thread open as you like.

have you ever asked why mainland indochina (Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia) is muslim free?

yes I know history a little. your forefathers coming from Borneo once settled down in central part of modern Vietnam today, establishing the kingdom of champa. yes, they once controlled the sea lane from Indian Ocean to South China sea to the sea of Japan. they were arrogant and aggressive. especially towards the small Vietnam. their society was primitive, practising caste system, slavery and islam.

yes, we wiped them off the map at the end of the day, killing their entire army at the decisive battle until the last man, enslaving the populace. besides, we imposed birth control with aim to reduce them to zero. I believe some managed to escape to Hainan, because the chinese gave them refugee status. we do many good thing for the wolrd, but I believe that was the best thing we have ever done for humanity.

Please don't lose yourself, bro @afiq0110 :)

discussinng with you become slowly meaningless. have I said previoisly if I had the power, I would stop them immediately. but no, even the viet government with the coast guard can´t prevent them from illegal fishing. what can we do?

Equally powerless, we here on PDF don't have power either to stop our authorities from catching your poacher as they are keep coming and become news.

as said, I expect illegal fishing of viet fishermen will disappear in 4 years. until then, you can keep this thread open as you like.

There you go you said it yourself... then why the h€ll you whine here in the first place protesting us for keeping this thread open?

have you ever asked why mainland indochina (Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia) is muslim free?

yes I know history a little. your forefathers coming from Borneo once settled down in central part of modern Vietnam today, establishing the kingdom of champa. yes, they once controlled the sea lane from Indian Ocean to South China sea to the sea of Japan. they were arrogant and aggressive. especially towards the small Vietnam. their society was primitive, practising caste system, slavery and islam.

yes, we wiped them off the map at the end of the day, killing their entire army at the decisive battle until the last man, enslaving the populace. besides, we imposed birth control with aim to reduce them to zero. I believe some managed to escape to Hainan, because the chinese gave them refugee status. we do many good thing for the wolrd, but I believe that was the best thing we have ever done for humanity.

Wow, attacking on religion now huh? ..

Just let me remind you, this "poor and pathetic" muslim majority country of ours name Indonesia was one that saved you boat people from death at sea. We saved hundreds of thousands of Vietnamese lifes by provide them place to live when they're homeless and miserable. Even when we are not obliged to do so, that is the true humanity so you now can live a comfort life in Germany.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galang_Refugee_Camp

So, as you said, until the Viets are stop poaching we can keep the thread open. Problem solved, nice to have a chat with you. Thank you.

Maybe we just need to change the title a bit, like :

Indonesian navy blow up hundreds of vietnamese and other poacher boats for fishing illegally

This sounds more accurate

Last edited:
@Viet

Whoaaa... Attacking others belief, huh... That was so uncalled for. Is that what you do when you start to lose your stance in an argument?

You call yourself a modern human and belittle my fellow countrymen, and then you did EXACTLY that?

Hypocritical and contradictive statement, I must say..

What's with this butthurt @Viet ? :yahoo:

Mind your own business, it's not like we're spamming here. We have the rights to discuss other topics on different thread, our main thread by far has the most views and replies anyway that shows our contribution to this sub forum. And your reply is now heading toward racism, that says more about yourself than anything else.

Maybe we just need to change the title a bit, like :

Indonesian Navy blow up hundreds of illegal vietnamese fishing boats, and other poacher boats, for stealing in Indonesian waters.

This sounds more accurate
It's like pouring oil to fire

and to @Viet , what's the meaning of your word, bringing religion?

*Seems that things can't cool down, i'm just gonna sit and grab popcorn, and better som MOD be on patrol there
*edit
just decide the new thread title ASAP

It's like pouring oil to fire. Just decide the new thread title ASAP

No need to hurry, we want the new title to reflects Indonesia's great efforts to eradicate IUU fishing. We'll wait for the other Indonesian members to post their suggestions. And pouring oil into fire or to rub tons of salt into their open wound, might just what we wanted. :dirol:

Last edited:

now its gettin even funnier LOL :pop: from illegal fishing to genocide.... :whistle::lazy2::lazy2::lazy2:

I think those were poor fisherman, they were just feeding poor family. Indonesia should give warning shot to surrender. Also, said to see explosives attached with boat, They are using explosives for fishing , this is not good for environment.

Please don't lose yourself, bro @afiq0110 :)

Equally powerless, we here on PDF don't have power either to stop our authorities from catching your poacher as they are keep coming and become news.

There you go you said it yourself... then why the h€ll you whine here in the first place protesting us for keeping this thread open?

Wow, attacking on religion now huh? ..

Just let me remind you, this "poor and pathetic" muslim majority country of ours name Indonesia was one that saved you boat people from death at sea. We saved hundreds of thousands of Vietnamese lifes by provide them place to live when they're homeless and miserable. Even when we are not obliged to do so, that is the true humanity so you now can live a comfort life in Germany.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galang_Refugee_Camp

So, as you said, until the Viets are stop poaching we can keep the thread open. Problem solved, nice to have a chat with you. Thank you.
what needs to be said is said, I don´t have the habit to repeat 100 times. if you believe tackling illegal fishing is the only way to greatness, then ok. as for boat people, you hadn´t rescued anyone at sea, just provided a temporary refugee camp before the people were transfered to final destinations. to United States, Canada, Australia, Europe. and you received money for your service. but ok, anyway, I say thank you here.

Fisheries Minister Receives WWF Leaders for a Living Planet Award

Environmental conservation agency World Wildlife Fund has presented a "Leaders for a Living Planet" award to Maritime Affairs and Fisheries Minister Susi Pudjiastuti.

menteri-susi-dapat-penghargaan-lingkungan-dari-wwf-01.jpg

The award celebrates individuals who have made a significant contribution to the conservation of the natural world and sustainable development. It was presented on Friday (16/09) in Washington, D.C., by WWF International President Yolanda Kakabadse during the "Our Ocean" conference organized by the United States Department of State.

"Susi Pudjiastuti has spent a lifetime fighting illegal fishing, ensuring science-based sustainable fisheries management and promoting marine health by expanding Indonesia's network of marine parks and protected areas. There is no greater champion fighting for the health of Indonesia's oceans," Kakabadse said.

During her term, the minister has issued a number of policies to protect the ocean, including ratifying the Port State Measures Agreement, which prohibits the use of environmentally damaging fishing methods. She has also established marine conservation areas, and has been promoting protection of marine life.

According to Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (Unfao), Indonesia's aquaculture is the second largest in the world. Illegal fishing practices, however, cause an annual state loss of $20 billion.

"Susi Pudjiastuti has shown consistency in combating illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing to protect Indonesia's marine resources. As a maritime country, Indonesia's maritime assets must be protected and managed effectively for the welfare of its own people and the preservation of the planet," WWF Indonesia Coral Triangle program director Wawan Ridwan said in a statement.

WWF's Leaders for a Living Planet award was founded in 2000, and has so far been given to 100 leaders in environmental conservation.

http://jakartaglobe.id/news/fisheries-minister-receives-wwf-leaders-living-planet-award/

what needs to be said is said, I don´t have the habit to repeat 100 times. if you believe tackling illegal fishing is the only way to greatness, then ok. as for boat people, you hadn´t rescued anyone at sea, just provided a temporary refugee camp before the people were transfered to final destinations. to United States, Canada, Australia, Europe. and you received money for your service. but ok, anyway, I say thank you here.

(as for boat people, you hadn´t rescued anyone at sea, just provided a temporary refugee camp before the people were transfered to final destinations. to United States, Canada, Australia, Europe)

You are trully one ungratefull person... We dont have the obligation to shelter vietnamese refugee from your vietnam war... But we did it anyway... We send our people to teach your people english and proper skill to survive in us and in europe... I know that first hand... My english teacher is one of the lecturer... We build barracks, semi hospital, school rooms, providing fresh water, food, etc...

The UN provide some funding for that... But thats not nearly even equal to our commitment to help others... Hell... We even helping the cambodian when your people try to invade them... That is called humanitarian act, in case that slip your tiny megalomanian mind

When your fellow countrymen were eager to butcher another, we were agree upon the initiative to shelter the refugee...

But than, since you dont know that first hand... You dumb, ignorance person... You just belittle the effort

I am anxious to see your country reaction when the south shina sea conflict escalate... Will your big balls and big guns act properly when the time come... And believe me.... It is escalating

Lol, our country our rules. Nuff said.

(as for boat people, you hadn´t rescued anyone at sea, just provided a temporary refugee camp before the people were transfered to final destinations. to United States, Canada, Australia, Europe)

You are trully one ungratefull person... We dont have the obligation to shelter vietnamese refugee from your vietnam war... But we did it anyway... We send our people to teach your people english and proper skill to survive in us and in europe... I know that first hand... My english teacher is one of the lecturer... We build barracks, semi hospital, school rooms, providing fresh water, food, etc...

The UN provide some funding for that... But thats not nearly even equal to our commitment to help others... Hell... We even helping the cambodian when your people try to invade them... That is called humanitarian act, in case that slip your tiny megalomanian mind

When your fellow countrymen were eager to butcher another, we were agree upon the initiative to shelter the refugee...

But than, since you dont know that first hand... You dumb, ignorance person... You just belittle the effort

I am anxious to see your country reaction when the south shina sea conflict escalate... Will your big balls and big guns act properly when the time come... And believe me.... It is escalating
haven´t you read my post? have I said thank you?

no, you don´t have any obligation to help us. the reason why you did is earning money. earning dollar. making money. you got paid for your servcie. it is like you send army troops overseas for UN peace keeping operations, because you want to earn dollar. and not because you want to help the people in need.

as for cambodians, you don´t want to tell me you provided support and assistance for the butcher gangs?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom