What's new

Indonesia Maritime defence and security issue

If I had the power I would stop illegal fishing. But in reality even the Vietnamese government and our coast guard can't stop them. They do fishing in the waters be legal or illegal since generations,since centuries, since the times your country did not exist.

We too have the "traditional fishing ground". In Indian ocean, Australia, and Pacific.

Our ancestors had sailed for thousand of years as far as the eastern coast of Africa and even made colonies in Madagascar before first European ever reach there.

And up until early 20th century, our fisherman were still fishing in Australian waters but despite the history, we respect modern maritime boundaries.

Vietnamese may still fishing in our waters but please do so legally because our fishermen are in need too.

We aren't intended to make fun of you, we know the sensitivity, which is why we don't add anything insulting nor inflammatory in our posts other than just the news updates. Well,,, that is unless being provoked first.

In case you haven't noticed most rich countries in the world are resource poor. For instance Germany. Or Singapore. Where many indo maids love to work there serving chinese masters. Mark my words: even if no more illegal fisher comes to your waters tomorrow, you will remain poor and pathetic for eternity.

Good, Then maybe you can teach your countrymen how to become rich without poaching.

Last edited:
And just like i said before, though they bought 6 kilos class submarine, still they messes up at their tug of war with China Coast Guard there because they dont have much presence at surfaces nor endurance and speed to do that. Something called messed up with scale of priorities

Just rename the thread to Indonesian anti ilegal fishing operation or something,
there are news about ilegal fishing boat from various nations too in this thread,
and to avoid trigerring another member,
share news not hate.

and share "weekend feature" too, ups wrong thread

Just rename the thread to Indonesian anti ilegal fishing operation or something,
there are news about ilegal fishing boat from various nations too in this thread,
and to avoid trigerring another member,
share news not hate.

and share "weekend feature" too, ups wrong thread

If you want to change the thread title, you may PM the new title to me, or write on my message wall (or that of @ahojunk), we can process that. I suggest a consensus be made among Indonesian members, not all but a few more active posters might be good enough.

Okay guys, please suggest a new title for this thread, and then we will choose. We will wait for few days or maybe longer so that all Indonesian members that want to participate can convey their aspiration.

Meanwhile, keep the news coming.

Last edited:
uhm... well, i m a noob here so
sesepuh @pr1v4t33r vat33r n @madokafc n others wadya think?
Mengubah nama tritnya agar nggak kelihatan kalo kita menyudutkan suatu pihak, lagi pula dari berita2 juga ada kapal nelayan ilegal dari beberapa negara juga jadi mending dirubah biar universal gitu...biar lebih cucok

just sayin bro,

, and if all of my indonesian comrade agree do as those mod says about that PM thingy

i still can't find the PM feature

*edit

I suggest : Indonesian Anti Ilegal Fishing Operation

Last edited:
The title should reflects Indonesia's grand strategy to become the global maritime axis through the domination of its maritime resources and its tireless and uncompromising efforts to combat IUU fishing.

Last edited:
The title should reflects Indonesia's grand strategy to become the global maritime axis through the domination of its maritime resources and its tireless and uncompromising efforts to combat IUU fishing.

like Indonesian Blue Water Fishermen?
JK

Actually we had suggesting this (thread title change) before but more and more news coming and they still more or less accurately represent the thread title so.. yeah.

I don't really care what the new title will be, so count my vote +1 goes to whichever title with most vote.

Last edited:
Navy arrests 10 Singaporeans for illegal fishing
2016_11_06_15435_1478403012._large.jpg

A member of the Navy stands guard in front of suspects after arresting a fishing boat for allegedly taking Singaporeans fishing in Bintan waters, Riau Islands province, on Nov. 4. (JP/Fadli)

A Navy Western Fleet Quick Response team arrested an Indonesian fishing boat for allegedly taking 10 Singaporeans to fish illegally in the waters of Bintan Island, Riau Islands province, on Friday.

“The boat was seized because it was operating without a permit and manifest,” Tanjungpinang Naval Base spokesman Maj. Josdy Damopoli told The Jakarta Post on Saturday.

Josdy said most of the Singaporeans did not have passports when they were arrested.

“Because they do not have passports, they will be handed over to the immigration office,” said Josdy, adding that this was the third time Singaporeans had been arrested on allegations of illegal fishing. The Navy has been cracking down on illegal fishing following an order from Western Fleet Rear Admiral Aan Kurnia.

“This is part of efforts to combat illegal activity in Indonesian waters,” he stressed.

Meanwhile, Riau immigration office head Engelbertus Rustarto said his office would investigate the 10 Singaporeans. “They have not been handed over to us, but we will need to determine any crimes they may have committed,” he said, adding that his office may decide to deport or prosecute them. (bbn)

Suggestion... Name the threat... Indonesian water sovereignty enforcement

I'm with him...

So not only news updates about poachers, but we can also feed this thread with the news of enforcements toward piracy, hijack, naval border trespass, smuggling, and other maritime law violations..

Give some room for the Customs to shine!!

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom