What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

I don't get their concern, really... It's like they are paranoid or something. Most of the time, they perceive us more as a future threat, than as a possible mutual strategic partner. I don't understand that kind of perception.

As long as they keep their hands at their own lap, nobody's gonna go offensive, right?

White European "trapped" in wrong neighborhood. They see enemy everywhere.

download.jpg

98c9c3f220114d66011d588f70188d99_XL.jpg

Kendaraan_Anti_Teror_Baracuda-02.jpg

Barracuda-4X4-APC_18.jpg

Barracuda-4X4-APC_20.jpg

Kendaraan_Anti_Teror_Baracuda-07.jpg

rantis-barracuda.jpg

barracuda-brimobda-diy_1_20150819_172259.jpg

Specification of Barracuda 4×4
– Width: 2480 mm
– Length: 6.270 mm
– Height: 2.420 mm
– Weight: 11.700 kg
– Engine power output: 218 hp
– Max road speed: 100 km/h
– Max. road range: 1.160 km
– Fuel capacity: 250 liter
– Crew: 2
– Gradient: 60%
– Vertical obstacle: 600 mm
– Fording depth: 1.200 mm
– Turning circle radius: 7.600 mm

http://www.indomiliter.com/barracuda-4x4-rantis-lapis-baja-buatan-korea-selatan-titisan-jerman/

well like mado said some writers seek unnecessary attention. the opinion of one writer does not represent the opinion of the whole country, or specifically the Australian government. The Australian government policy on the other hand, stated on their white paper "the Asian century" does not see us as enemy, but see us as both potential adversary and potential allies. it depends on many factors. the emergence of china, India, and Indonesia as a power house is inevitable, but will be beneficial to Australia if they are able to capitalize it.

IMHO the best Indonesia expert and academician in Australia that is not bias is Hugh white. His writings are more realistic and spot on about the current international affairs issues.

I don't get their concern, really... It's like they are paranoid or something. Most of the time, they perceive us more as a future threat, than as a possible mutual strategic partner. I don't understand that kind of perception.

As long as they keep their hands at their own lap, nobody's gonna go offensive, right?
I don't think I have ever met an Australian who is worried about Indonesia invading. To myself and everybody I know such a suggestion (that Indonesia might invade Australia) is laughable.

Where did you get the idea that Australian people are worried about Indonesian invasion?

Now, if you say Aussies would be worried sick if they learnt Indonesia closed down Bali to foreigners. THAT's more like it.

well like mado said some writers seek unnecessary attention. the opinion of one writer does not represent the opinion of the whole country, or specifically the Australian government. The Australian government policy on the other hand, stated on their white paper "the Asian century" does not see us as enemy, but see us as both potential adversary and potential allies. it depends on many factors. the emergence of china, India, and Indonesia as a power house is inevitable, but will be beneficial to Australia if they are able to capitalize it.

IMHO the best Indonesia expert and academician in Australia that is not bias is Hugh white. His writings are more realistic and spot on about the current international affairs issues.

Of course opinion piece of an individual does not represent the whole country nor do I think whole Australians are like that, but sure there are some who think like him (writer). That's whom I refer to when I use the word "they".

I don't think I have ever met an Australian who is worried about Indonesia invading. To myself and everybody I know such a suggestion (that Indonesia might invade Australia) is laughable.

Where did you get the idea that Australian people are worried about Indonesian invasion?

Now, if you say Aussies would be worried sick if they learnt Indonesia closed down Bali to foreigners. THAT's more like it.

Err.. Do you even see the word "invasion" in my post that you quoted?

In fact most Indonesians don't care much about Australia.

I don't think Australian government are that foolish, they wouldn't want to have unstable neighbor with 250 mil population. If we improve our relations it'll be the best for everyone. Australian media are another thing though :sniper:

10 new fighters to come in 2017, F-16 52ID? Also talks on SU-35..

10 JET TEMPUR BARU AKAN PERKUAT TNI AU TAHUN 2017
f-16-tni-au-dalam-elang-indopura-2016-sing-mindef.jpg

Liputan6.com, Pekanbaru - Pertahanan udara Indonesia bakal diperkuat dengan datangnya 10 pesawat tempur, tahun depan. Tidak hanya itu, TNI AU juga berencana menambah kekuatan tempur udara lainnya seperti penangkal serangan udara.

Hal ini dikatakan Kepala Staf Angkata Udara Marsekal Agus Supriatna ketika menutup latihan bersama Elang Indopura ke-19 di Pangkalan Udara (Lanud) Roesmin Nurjadin Pekanbaru, Kamis (1/12/2016).

"Penambahan (pesawat) sudah ada. Sesuai rencana bakal datang tahun depan ke Indonesia," kata Agus, tanpa menyebut apa jenis pesawat yang dimaksud.

Dia menyatakan, 10 pesawat tersebut bakal datang ke Indonesia secara bertahap, hampir sama dengan kedatangan pesawat-pesawat tempur sebelumnya.

"Sistemnya masih sama, yakni datang secara bergilir lima pesawat. 10 pesawat akan datang," jelasnya kepada wartawan di Pekanbaru.

Selain itu, dia juga menyebut rencana penambahan kekuatan baru yang telah diajukan ke Kementerian Pertahanan, di antaranya penangkal serangan udara.

"Sudah masuk rencana strategis kita di Kementerian Pertahanan. Sekarang lagi dikaji dan evaluasi oleh kementerian," tegas Agus.

Dia menjelaskan, pengembangan Alutsista TNI harus diajukan kepada Kementerian Pertahanan. TNI hanya mengajukan setiap alat tempur yang diinginkan

"Pengembangan alutsista dan lainnya itu semua di sana (Kementerian Pertahanan). Kita hanya mengirimkan spectectnya. Mudah-mudahan sesuai (keinginan)," kata dia.

Sebelumnya, Indonesia disebut berencana membeli 10 jet tempur jenis Su-35 buatan Rusia. Rencana ini bakal menambah jenis pesawat tempur Negeri Beruang di Indonesia karena sudah dimiliki 11 Su-30 dan lima Su-27.

Su-35 merupakan jet tempur dengan teknologi terkini yang lebih unggul dari jet-jet tempur sekelasnya. Pembelian ini menjadi suatu bagian rencana strategis.

Jet-jet tempur canggih buatan Rusia itu akan menggantikan skuadron jet tempur F-5 buatan Amerika.

Of course opinion piece of an individual does not represent the whole country nor do I think whole Australians are like that, but sure there are some who think like him (writer). That's whom I refer to when I use the word "they".

Err.. Do you even see the word "invasion" in my post that you quoted?

In fact most Indonesians don't care much about Australia.

Right.. you didn't mention that, but the article was implying to say that Australian people feel worried that Indonesia might invade them and annex their island. You say that Australia perceive Indonesia as enemy which is not true either.

As a matter of fact, Australians for the most part believe they have obligations as a partner in further developing the standards of living, education, health and commerce in South East Asia, and that is reflected in their foreign relations with their regional neighbours like Indonesia.

Australia and Indonesia have good relations politically. Well as good as can be had between two nations that have very different views and very different historical backgrounds. Indonesia probably gets along better with Australia than with any of their other direct neighbours (Malaysia, PNG, Philippines, Vietnam, Singapore etc), it debatable but the Australian relationship has this strong basis.

I wouldn’t go to say they are best buddies, but they are two nations walking down the road and generally getting along. Sometimes they get a pebble in a shoe, but they are travelling together.

Its not an easy relationship, Australia getting caught spying on Indonesia, and reversing its policy on East Timor, refugees, fishing, oil and gas, live animal export. These are real tensions, that both countries have managed over long periods. Sure there were a couple of times we nearly went to war, Malaysian emergency and East Timor being two pretty critical moments. But both countries managed to get over these pretty huge issues, which if they occurred in other region would be long drawn out conflicts.

Australia has reasonable military ties with Indonesia, training officers and soldiers. There is regular high level and mid level dialog between the two nations, and areas where they collaborate to solve common problems.

Australia also find billions for Indonesia in the form of foreign aid. Indonesia is the largest recipient of Australian aid, to promote economic growth across Indonesia. In recent years Australia has continued to donate at least $500,000,000 annually to the Indonesian people. Is that really something you'd do for a nation you perceive as enemy?

Right.. you didn't mention that, but the article was implying to say that Australian people feel worried that Indonesia might invade them and annex their island. You say that Australia perceive Indonesia as enemy which is not true either.

I'm not the one wrote the article... It's the writer's own personal feel and fear.

When I say : They see enemy everywhere - What I meant was the writer and other Australians who think like him -Individual(s) NOT the nation. When someone in a state paranoia, he sees everybody else as threat.

As a matter of fact, Australians for the most part believe they have obligations as a partner in further developing the standards of living, education, health and commerce in South East Asia, and that is reflected in their foreign relations with their regional neighbours like Indonesia.

Australia and Indonesia have good relations politically. Well as good as can be had between two nations that have very different views and very different historical backgrounds. Indonesia probably gets along better with Australia than with any of their other direct neighbours (Malaysia, PNG, Philippines, Vietnam, Singapore etc), it debatable but the Australian relationship has this strong basis.

I wouldn’t go to say they are best buddies, but they are two nations walking down the road and generally getting along. Sometimes they get a pebble in a shoe, but they are travelling together.

Its not an easy relationship, Australia getting caught spying on Indonesia, and reversing its policy on East Timor, refugees, fishing, oil and gas, live animal export. These are real tensions, that both countries have managed over long periods. Sure there were a couple of times we nearly went to war, Malaysian emergency and East Timor being two pretty critical moments. But both countries managed to get over these pretty huge issues, which if they occurred in other region would be long drawn out conflicts.

Australia has reasonable military ties with Indonesia, training officers and soldiers. There is regular high level and mid level dialog between the two nations, and areas where they collaborate to solve common problems.

Agree. I also find it laughable when people talk about Indonesia and Australia are going to invade each other.

Indonesia don't even have the intention to retake Timor Leste let alone invading Australia.

Australia also find billions for Indonesia in the form of foreign aid. Indonesia is the largest recipient of Australian aid, to promote economic growth across Indonesia. In recent years Australia has continued to donate at least $500,000,000 annually to the Indonesian people. Is that really something you'd do for a nation you perceive as enemy?

Ahhh.. the "aid" thing again. :coffee:

Talk about australian media. Yeah there are many "paranoid" perspective there.
Back to 2013 "some paranoid had voiced a move to destabling us.

But ... The resent goverment and the mayority people there are not as them.

Yeah we are close biggest Friend ( and may be biggest foe in future) but to the present time our main consent is how to realities these military and economic forecasting in near future for the good of the whole citizens.

I am not Australian.. I am Indonesian but I have lived in Australia all my life, I guess you could say I know a fair bit.

The majority of Australians know very little about Indonesia. Though, there are many middle class / 'bogans' who like to holiday frequently in Bali. Too many think of Bali, if they think at all, and might get a shock when the arrival card at Denpasar Airport says 'Indonesia'. Considering these people tend to keep going back to the same tourist strip, I wouldn't give their views on Indonesia too much weight.

There's no doubt our leaders could do a much better job of building stronger links between our two nations, which would go a long way to improving Australian's views on Indonesia and vice versa. The best thing is to get the two nations to get along rather than form a tight military relationship (which is unlikely to last multiple leaders). Focus is on things both nations have in common, like trade. That is where they are currently heading, two countries who are interested in a diverse but profitable world, despite their many differences.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom