What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Cendrawasih Military Region Commander, Tatang Sulaiman while accepting the surrender of OPM remnants in Lani Jaya

KASDAM-CENDERAWASIH-BRIGJEN-TNI-TATANG-SULAIMAN.jpg

@pr1v4t33r I was going by what @baukiki88 said, mate!

Yeah i know, just wanna add some progress in F5 replacement competition. Although there has been no contract signed, TNI and MOD has confirmed their decision to choose Su-35. Hopefully they will guard this decision until the very end.

Of the list you gave, FA-50 would be closest to F-5s, which it was designed to replace. Of course, the F-50I is different, more of a trainer type AC, so not quite the right version. In any case, MiG-35 would still be a huge step up from F-5s.

Why do you bring Mig-35 into the equation? we are talking about Su-35 here. he2, a very huge leap from F5.

In any case, quite a battle order for Indonesia although too many types spoil the broth, IMHoO. At some point, apart from political pleasing, modern Air Forces look to reduce inventory to limit spending on maintenance.

We already have know how, infrastructure and logistical support for operating and maintaining Su & F16, so adding few more squadron would not hurt.

And we need technological know how and tech transfer support from Rafale/Typhoon procurement to further develop and perfecting IFX/KFX development with Korea. Hope we can harvest this investment around 2024 when we start replacing hawk and old F16 with our own Indonesian Fighter X.

Last edited:
Yeah i know, just wanna add some progress in F5 replacement competition. Although there has been no contract signed, TNI and MOD has confirmed their decision to choose Su-35. Hopefully will they guard this decision until the very end.

Why do you bring Mig-35 into the equation? we are talking about Su-35 here. he2, a very huge leap from F5.

We already have know how, infrastructure and logistical support for operating and maintaining Su & F16, so adding few more squadron would not hurt.

And we need technological know how and tech transfer support from Rafale/Typhoon procurement to further develop and perfecting IFX/KFX development with Korea. Hope we can harvest this investment around 2024 when we start replacing our hawk and old F16 with our own Indonesian Fighter X.

at some points i must agree with you but, at several points i must disagree, especially about the current type of fighter Aircraft in TNI AU inventory. At some point it will became a headache for any person who overseeing Logistical and maintenance units for the Aircrafts

What we had and will be added is

1. Falcon family, around 40 airframe, if all of our order had been delivered soon
2. Flanker family, around 16 of them, and it will be added with around 16 of Flanker E
3. Hawk family, around 26 to 28 of them
4. Super Tucano, 16 units

And if we want to adding three squadron of fighter, hopefully we can gain the most benefit beside the headache :cheesy:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indonesian Marines and US MarSoC in Joint Exercises

23bak1.JPG

My mistake man but as you rightfully said, still a huge jump!
And agreed on the tech transfer part of course but ...
otherwise, still agreeing with Mado on the types number thing, sorry.

Have a nice day both of you, Tay.

What we had and will be added is
1. Falcon family, around 40 airframe, if all of our order had been delivered soon
2. Flanker family, around 16 of them, and it will be added with around 16 of Flanker E
3. Hawk family, around 26 to 28 of them
4. Super Tucano, 16 units

And if we want to adding three squadron of fighter, hopefully we can gain the most benefit beside the headache

When IFX technology considered mature and ready, at some point we will definitely replacing all hawk and some old F16 with 3 IFX squadrons leaving only F16 Block 52ID & Block 60 if the deal for viper pushed through.

And isn't PT. DI need the transfer of technology from Rafale/Typhoon to assist them on IFX/KFX development with Korea?

Indonesian Air Force 12th Squadron (Hawk 109/209)

52cc41ccd63111e28bc322000a9d0dcb_7.jpg

926714_1425429981045366_829510251_n.jpg

1922375_1492052907732458_192014118_n.jpg

10245993_234607003414304_1607717220_n.jpg

10449062_1537741176467287_834843486_n.jpg

1389957_664823863558365_427750795_n.jpg

Cockpit view of Hawk 209
6_zps1d197d75.jpg

Photo credit : Syahrevy

When IFX technology considered mature and ready, at some point we will definitely replacing all hawk and some old F16 with 3 IFX squadrons leaving only F16 Block 52ID & Block 60 if the deal for viper pushed through.

And isn't PT. DI need the transfer of technology from Rafale/Typhoon to assist them on IFX/KFX development with Korea?

As i said, don't let the headache we will get while we chosing another family of fighter will overpowering all the benefit we pursue

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Secretary of the Navy Roy Mabus visiting Navy HQ at Cilangkap and meet with Ade Supandi Chieff Staff of the Navy

24secret.JPG

As i said, don't let the headache we will get while we chosing another family of fighter will overpowering all the benefit we pursue

Then i'll just sit back and relax watching how all this excitement concluded. With F5 replacement program and 3 new squadrons formation on horizon, i certainly have no complain. :coffee:

@pr1v4t33r
I was going by what @baukiki88 said, mate! Of the list you gave, FA-50 would be closest to F-5s,
which it was designed to replace. Of course, the F-50I is different, more of a trainer type AC, so
not quite the right version. In any case, MiG-35 would still be a huge step up from F-5s.
In any case, quite a battle order for Indonesia although too many types spoil the broth, IMHoO.
At some point, apart from political pleasing, modern Air Forces look to reduce inventory to limit
spending on maintenance.

BTW, in French, Beaukiki ( pronounces the same without the e ) would be pretty p3nis!!! :o:
So I guess congrats to our fellow forumer are in order? :cheesy: :p:

Good day all, Tay.

I will add the " E " later.
I will add anything that looks " Pretty "

Indonesian Air Force 12th Squadron (Hawk 109/209)

Cockpit view of Hawk 209
View attachment 207001

Photo credit : Syahrevy

Wow, This Hawk maybe old but inside is still quite modern "BEAU HAWK" Is that really our Hawk 209? I doubt that.

i tought hawk 209 cockpit still full analog. but in picture look like glass cockpit or semi glass cockpit.in my perception glass cockpit= LCD instrument on cockpit

i tought hawk 209 cockpit still full analog. but in picture look like glass cockpit or semi glass cockpit.in my perception glass cockpit= LCD instrument on cockpit
The 109 variant still analog but 209 have some LCD instrument on it.

Japan and Indonesia sign defence equipment/technology accord
Jon Grevatt, Bangkok - IHS Jane's Defence Industry
23 March 2015

Japan and Indonesia signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on 23 March to expand collaboration in defence equipment and technologies. The MoU was signed in Tokyo and presided over by Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and visiting Indonesian President Joko Widodo.

The accord calls for Japan and Indonesia to promote collaboration on "defence equipment and technology, including co-operation between the defence industries of the two countries". The two governments also agreed to promote co-operation in military logistical support.

The MoU does not elaborate on the equipment and technologies to be covered by the arrangement, although IHS Jane's understands that these will relate mainly to maritime security.

Japan and Indonesia sign defence equipment/technology accord - IHS Jane's 360

my best guess is
Shin Maywa, Rfi (Request for Information) for Soryu and Hayabusa

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom