What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Germany fascinated by RI’s maritime vision
The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | World | Fri, October 31 2014, 11:56 AM

894a0996b863069efb75860ce3477056.jpg

Georg Witschel. JP
World News
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s vision to make Indonesia the world’s maritime axis has prompted Germany, the world’s third-largest arms exporter, to strengthen the two countries’ bilateral partnership with maritime defense.

German Ambassador to Indonesia Georg Witschel said that German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier would be visiting Indonesia on Nov. 2-3 to conduct bilateral talks with Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi.

“Germany has a lot to offer, indeed. Our shipyards, supply industries, ocean carriers and logistic companies are strong players, standing ready to get more actively involved in Indonesia,” he told reporters at the embassy on Thursday.

He said that Steinmeier would be accompanied not only by officials from his ministry, but also academics and 15 senior business representatives, from steel producer and automotive industry company ThyssenKrupp AG, shipyard firm Meyer Werft GmbH, Hamburg Port Authority, engineering firm Ferrostaal AG and European aerospace giant Airbus.

“During his visit, Steinmeier will also meet with businesspeople and Indonesian civil society. He will also meet with Jokowi,” he said.

During his visit, Steinmeier also plans to visit Tanjung Priok and Sunda Kelapa ports in North Jakarta. Sunda Kelapa was the historic port chosen by Jokowi and Vice President Jusuf Kalla as the venue to deliver their post-election victory speech on July 22. On a traditional phinisi boat of the Bugis community in Makassar, the duo delivered their maritime-axis vision again.

“By visiting Sunda Kelapa Port, he [Steinmeier] wants to gain first-hand knowledge of the maritime situation and archipelagic nature of Indonesia,” Witschel said.

He added that the maritime agenda and investments in port infrastructure would offer opportunities for increased economic relations in the countries’ diplomatic ties, which have lasted 62 years.

The value of Germany’s and Indonesia’s bilateral trade amounted to US$7.3 billion in 2013, up from $7.2 billion in 2012 and $6.6 billion in 2011, according to data provided by Indonesia’s Trade Ministry.

Germany is among Indonesia’s top-10 trade partners, with trade reaching a value of $4 billion from January to July this year.

Besides the maritime vision of the country’s new administration, Witschel emphasized the imminent implementation of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) next year, saying it would offer further opportunities for investment in Indonesia.

“I am sure that the number of German companies engaged in Indonesia will increase significantly in the years to come,” said Germany’s former envoy to Ottawa, Canada.

Witschel said Steinmeier’s upcoming visit to Indonesia would be his second, having visited Jakarta in 2008, when he met with former foreign minister Nur Hassan Wirajuda and former president Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono.

Along with Yudhoyono, German Chancellor Angela Merkel made an “Indonesia-Germany Joint Declaration for a Comprehensive Partnership: Shaping Globalization and Sharing Responsibility” during her visit to Jakarta in 2012.

The declaration aimed to widen the scope of German-Indonesian relations to the fields of political and security cooperation; trade; investment and development; education and culture; science and technology; the environment; climate change; forestry and renewable energy.

Witschel said that next year, the German and Indonesian governments would continue their negotiations, as the German government had committed to pouring ¤570 million into development in Indonesia in three prioritized areas, namely energy and climate change; sustainable economic development and good governance and global networks.

“He [Steinmeier] will share Germany’s experience in the European Union [during his meeting with Minh]. He will also discuss regional issues, such as the South China Sea disputes,” he added. (alz/dyl)

Seems will be a lot more toys will added by Jokowi.

I just waiting for Indo-Defense Expo 2014, my all of us working so hard to make the event a big success. A lot of surprises will be announced and some rumor will be circulated while the exhibition be held.

I just waiting for Indo-Defense Expo 2014, my all of us working so hard to make the event a big success. A lot of surprises will be announced and some rumor will be circulated while the exhibition be held.
And i bet your fans from Kaskus are waiting for you there :welcome: so our newest wheeled IFV are going to introduced there?

that's rifle is in which being held by our Army personnel is Korean made my friend

The contest is going hot around here

8e5fd777d4a9a4cd3c0c04ee227014c8.jpg

Paul Smith, Capability Development Manager (mantan test pilot) untuk Eurofighter Typhoon, berfoto dalam seragam terbangnya saat kampanye Indonesia Lepas Landas: Boarding di M.H. Thamrin pada hari Minggu, 2 November 2014.

Pabrikan pesawat tempur Eurofighter menggelar sosialisasi perkembangan industri kedirgantaraan dan penerbangan militer. Acara ini digelar di area Car Free Day, Jl. M. H. Thamrin, Jakarta Pusat pada Minggu (2/11/2014). Hadir dalam acara ini perwakilan dari Eurofighter Direktur Export, Joe Parker dan Capability Development Manager, Paul Smith.

Selain diikuti pengunjung Car Free Day, acara ini juga diikuti komunitas peminat aviasi dan militer Indonesia. Dalam diskusi tersebut, Joe mengatakan, kehadiran Eurofighter dapat memberikan keuntungan ekonomi bagi Indonesia. Selain itu, pihaknya sudah memiliki kerjasama dengan industri penerbangan Indonesia, PT Dirgantara sejak lama.

"Indonesia sudah bekerjasama dengan Airbus Group, tidak hanya sebatas komersial tapi juga militer. Ini juga memberikan potensi lapangan pekerjaan industrial dan teknik yang bernilai tinggi dan berkelanjutan. Saya harap Eurofighter bisa menjaga angkasa Indonesia," tutur Joe.

Sementara itu, Paul yang pernah menjadi test pilot Eurofighter Tphoon menjelaskan, bahwa pesawat swing role ini paling tangguh dan andal dibanding pesawat tempur negara lain. Sejumlah perangkat canggih ditempatkan di pesawat tempur pada 4 negara yakni Inggris, Jerman, Spanyol dan Itali ini.

"Eurofighter sangat unggul baik dari segi kecepatan, power, lincah dan dia bisa terbang lebih tinggi dari pesawat-pesawat lain. Pilot sendiri bisa fokus di peperangan udara dan darat tanpa memerhatikan sekeliling dia. Ia bisa mengantisipasi ancaman dari arah lain," cakap Joe yang mengenakan seragam pilot ini.

Kementrian Pertahanan dan TNI Angkatan Udara hingga kini masih mengkaji calon pengganti pesawat tempur F-5 yang akan di pensiunkan. Sejumlah pilihan sudah dilirik seperti Sukhoi Su-35 dari Rusia, Dassault Rafale dari Perancis, JAS Grippen dari Swedia serta pesawat tempur asal Amerika.

Sementara Eurofighter Typhoon diusulkan PT Dirgantara Indonesia karena pihak produsen sangat mungkin berbagi dalam hal transfer teknologi dan juga lisensi suku cadang. Penggantian pesawat F-5 sendiri sudah disusun pada RPJMN 2015-2019 yang direncanakan sebanyak 12 unit.

Dalam Undang-Undang Nomor 16 Tahun 2012 tentang Industri Pertahanan, pembelian Alat Utama Sistem Senjata (Alutsista) harus berperan meningkatkan peran industri dalam negeri. Pada tahun 2012, pemenuhan alutsista dalam negeri mencapai 15,8%. Ditargetkan pada tahun 2019, Industri Pertahanan dalam negeri mampu memenuhi 50% kebutuhan alutsista TNI.

Mengenal Pesawat Tempur Eurofighter yang Dibidik Indonesia - Liputan6.com

Is indo defence 2014 open to public visitors? I heard its only for officers??

For those who visit indo defence dont forget to take pictures of Russian booth, Saab gripen booth, Northop, Lockheed, Eurofighter, PTDI etc and share it here. Thanks

Last edited:
PT-76
All upgraded with new 90mm gun, and better engines. BMP 3F is projected to replace it
d81a6b814cf226148d030895f1a4ba96.jpg

4ff585dcb782ff4e9aad14f272badeef.jpg

529a453bfbe060493b4a350cfa237dc0.jpg

RM-70

8eb2b1cdf70ca9cab5cf8f0042264569.jpg

280d461cce05ccc4fc2c1bfaabd72929.jpg

61ed598abc4367388bdf5b56f640862b.jpg
4d8a7a2094c48df439148ffc1da06f43.jpg

105mm Howitzer
c687e0966bf23979e6dc0fa4e57a0aec.jpg

ae9734250b7b234d0f35afc83f6b9c6f.jpg

And i found this strange vehicle