What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Actually I think that if we decide to pick up the A330 MRTT, we should just try to get surplus civilian A330s and then have it converted to A330 MRTT if possible... the potential for offset won't be as big as getting new build MRTTs or A400M, but GMF should at least get the contract and certification for MRTT local support and maintenance work..

For IFX, It seems we might differ here as I think we need to keep the probe AAR version we originally specified for IFX... I know that Boom AAR has a faster fuel transfer rate compared to Probe and the Koreans prefer to use that for KF-21... but I feel that the Probe has much more flexibility compared to Boom... Boom AAR needs a specialized large aerial tanker on the class of MRTT or KC-46, while Probe can use almost any other plane as a tanker if necessary (as long as it can carry a refueling pod), from modified transport planes like A400M & KC-130, to buddy-buddy refueling, to refueling by drone... so they will be much more flexible in this regard... no need to depend only on the large dedicated tankers for AAR support.

Drone AAR
View attachment 784446

Buddy-buddy AAR
View attachment 784447

Cargo plane AAR
View attachment 784448

Yup I think you are right that IFX should still stick to the original plan to use probe one, and Airbus MRTT 330 also has double AAR systems, so it will not be a problem either.

This can give more appealing to KF21 potential customers who uses probe AAR system in their Air Force.

pro-353-army-2021-5.jpg
pro-353-army-2021.jpg
pro-353-army-2021-2.jpg
pro-353-army-2021-3.jpg

pro-353-army-2021-4.jpg

pro-353-army-2021-7.jpg
pro-353-army-2021-6.jpg
pro-353-army-2021-9.jpg
pro-353-army-2021-8.jpg

to be continued..

Impressive..! A large and heavy fighter like the Flanker flying in such close formation and matching speed with a slow, almost 60 years old Hercules, at night to do AAR... That takes a lot of flying skills and training..! and yet some US fanboys keeps on insisting that our Flankers are nothing but hangar queens.. Lol! while no F-16 pilots have ever trained this way (unfortunately)... Also our Flanker pilots have the luxury of training with a wide range of weapons like AAMs, AGMs, AShMs, freefall bombs, unguided rockets and even HARMs... while F-16 pilots are mostly limited to AAMs and freefall bombs..

new atav-p6
pro-353-army-atav.jpg

atav-p-6 rcws on second row
pro-353-army-atav-1.jpg

pro-353-army-atav-19.jpg

rcws control unit
pro-353-army-atav-20.jpg

smoke launcher panel
pro-353-army-atav-21.jpg

pro-353-army-atav-2.jpg

pro-353-army-atav-4.jpg

gun shot detection
pro-353-army-atav-3.jpg

gun shot detection display unit
pro-353-army-atav-16.jpg

pro-353-army-atav-8.jpg

pro-353-army-atav-6.jpg
pro-353-army-atav-10.jpg

more comfort gunnery seat
pro-353-army-atav-7.jpg

pro-353-army-atav-11.jpg

pro-353-army-atav-13.jpg
pro-353-army-atav-14.jpg

Last edited:
Impressive..! A large and heavy fighter like the Flanker flying in such close formation and matching speed with a slow, almost 60 years old Hercules, at night to do AAR... That takes a lot of flying skills and training..! and yet some US fanboys keeps on insisting that our Flankers are nothing but hangar queens.. Lol! while no F-16 pilots have ever trained this way (unfortunately)... Also our Flanker pilots have the luxury of training with a wide range of weapons like AAMs, AGMs, AShMs, freefall bombs, unguided rockets and even HARMs... while F-16 pilots are mostly limited to AAMs and freefall bombs..

F 16 has also used Maverick during training

BMW motorcycle for Military Police

pro-353-army-bmw.jpg
pro-353-army-bmw-1.jpg
pro-353-army-bmw-2.jpg
pro-353-army-bmw-3.jpg
pro-353-army-bmw-4.jpg

pro-353-army-bmw-5.jpg
pro-353-army-bmw-6.jpg

Honda CRF trail
pro-353-army-honda.jpg
pro-353-army-honda-1.jpg

pro-353-army-honda-2.jpg
pro-353-army-honda-5.jpg

army ambulance
pro-353-army-ambulance.jpg
pro-353-army-ambulance-1.jpg

@182

Nice, almost all are actually produced in Indonesia. This is what I stated previously that defense acquisition program that are approved by Minister of Planning and Minister of Finance should support local industry.

Other effective contract

1 Iver Babcock ( produced by PT PAL and one private owned Shipyard)
2. T50 Golden Eagle ( no local company has similar platform and there is TOT and this is also enhancing cooperation in KF21/IFX program)
3. SuperHercules ( No local company has similar platform and there is Ofset with LM with GMF Aero Asia for maintence and retrofit of older Hercules and maintenance of the engine by GMF and PTDI/PT NTP )
4. Possible A400 M order. ( No local company make this type of aircraft, CN 235 program will have full right, rather than 50 % right as the program is JV between Airbus and PTDI)

Oh man.. These guys really have nerves of steel... After what happened to 402, I would've expected for 401 to be turned into a museum / monument ship like KRI Pasopati... But instead they are still working on making this sub operational again... I guess they really needed all available hulls to be operational... We really need to get more subs...

1634311442513.png

1634311716340.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom