What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

That's what I've always fluffing imagined!! Sounds straight out of sci-fi. Wonderful.
1599123001054.png

Centre ďElectronique de I'Armement SOLANGE Radar Cross Section (RCS) Range. SOLANGE is an indoor RCS measurement facility able to measure full-scale flyable aircrafts up to 15 tons and 20 meters large.

the japanese future 5th gen fighter F-3/ATD-X was reportedly also tested in this facility.

no wonder syrian AD are mashed with impunity , but that's a quite large space they took under the belly .
You wouldn't need a dedicated EW plane like the Growler if you are able to get this.

I have a big curiosity over the matter, the "active stealth", if it can be called so. How does it work? By messing with the incoming radar emission?

The basic principle is similar to "Yehudi Light" (counter illumination) albeit within radio spectrum rather than visible light. However any kind of "active" measure should be consider as supplemental rather than a stand alone system.

Can you elaborate on what makes it simpler (in layman terms, for my pheasant mind)?
Unlike a Growler or a Compass Call aircraft which needs an entire plane filled with electronics used in support of the EW mission. The Elta Jammer consolidates all of that onto one pod that can be fitted on multiple different aircraft types as the system is very modular and plug-and-play by nature (barring initial integration work).

Meaning say one day we need a flight of F-16's to do SEAD strikes, so you simply equip it on a Viper and have it act as the EW aircraft.

at first we plan to acquire 48 brandnew then reduce to 32 +EDA, last week I heard 24 +EDA/ex Norway now another rumour we reduce it again, the defence budget seems increase but the aquisition number falling, even if we use PLN the number still falling, why the number decreasing?
Too complicated to explain, though i'm still expecting the 24 units or more get through, too many rumours lately

Too complicated to explain, though i'm still expecting the 24 units or more get through, too many rumours lately

The grand idea of procurement system in Indonesia lately is to let everybody happy and their basic necessity fulfilled. For whatever ridiculous reason they had, their influences can't be set aside. Delta winged fighter must come, either it is France or UK Italo Germany consortium and for the Komando Pemeliharaan dan Perawatan TNI AU difficulties to gather resources and logistic support no one give them a ****. Sadly that's the reality right now

Unlike a Growler or a Compass Call aircraft which needs an entire plane filled with electronics used in support of the EW mission. The Elta Jammer consolidates all of that onto one pod that can be fitted on multiple different aircraft types as the system is very modular and plug-and-play by nature (barring initial integration work).

Meaning say one day we need a flight of F-16's to do SEAD strikes, so you simply equip it on a Viper and have it act as the EW aircraft.
Aaah so it's simpler in the sense that it's a modular add-on. I was under the impression that it's simpler in the sense of that it works using different, simpler principle than one utilized by, for example, Spectra.

The grand idea of procurement system in Indonesia lately is to let everybody happy and their basic necessity fulfilled. For whatever ridiculous reason they had, their influences can't be set aside. Delta winged fighter must come, either it is France or UK Italo Germany consortium and for the Komando Pemeliharaan dan Perawatan TNI AU difficulties to gather resources and logistic support no one give them a ****. Sadly that's the reality right now
I just thought to withold the informations but seems alike soon or later this will come out, many things are political, the decisions are no longer concerning service needs, technical issues, or inputs from KKIP but from higher position endorsement, btw i've heard unsettling rumours about KKIP, i wonder if you also have heard it ?

I just thought to withold the informations but seems alike soon or later this will come out, many things are political, the decisions are no longer concerning service needs, technical issues, or inputs from KKIP but from higher position endorsement, btw i've heard unsettling rumours about KKIP, i wonder if you also have heard it ?
what is it ? about major transfer of technology ? or dissolution of KKIP ? or because the new Ketupel of KKIP ? because i heard so much rumour about it .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom