What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

I thought it would be assembled without radar and electronics, but from the picture it looks like the radar is installed. Or was it a dummy one?

It is a prototype already.

KFX related update doesn't excite me anymore. Looking at how things have been going, it feels to me like we are no longer part of this.
Yes i feel the same way too bro. But still its quite an achievement for south korea. I apreciate their resilience and dedication.

Yes i feel the same way too bro. But still its quite an achievement for south korea. I apreciate their resilience and dedication.
That's the thing. It's THEIR achievement, their works. It doesn't feel right to me for us to claim it as partly ours, too.

KFX related update doesn't excite me anymore. Looking at how things have been going, it feels to me like we are no longer part of this.

@PakFactor

We are still part of the program technically considering our 100 engineers working there, but we should wait for the renegotiation. Although the points we try to get from renegotiation is quite ridiculous like extending the payment into 2030, reducing the number of plane we are going to buy into 16, and even try to do barter trade to pay the cost.

But lets see what will happen in the renegotiation, if we are still insist with this ridiculous demand, there is big chance we are going to be kick out the program. Although in term of developing our designers knowledge and experience, we already get huge technical and experience benefit.

Indonesia do have meaningful contribution on the design as I have posted in earlier post. And dont forget Indonesian Aerospace also called our very senior engineers who have worked in Boeing and others for KFX program. Many Indonesian engineers left Indonesian Aerospace in 2000's due to company financial problem with total numbers are 200 experience engineers according to Indonesian Aerospace Human Resource Director.

They are part of N 250 and N2130 project and also maybe CN 235 development and left the company to work in companies like Boeing and Airbus. I read it some years ago (during early period of KFX/IFX program) that our official said they have called some of them for KFX/IFX project. So in our side we have very experience engineers.

Last edited:
That's the thing. It's THEIR achievement, their works. It doesn't feel right to me for us to claim it as partly ours, too.
True. Its quite sad actually. Our government lacks of commitment and consistency for the program has cost us dearly.

On the links below from one of South Korean armed forces facebook page it is even stated further regarding our involvement in this project. I dont know how true is this though.

@PakFactor

We are still part of the program technically considering our 100 engineers working there, but we should wait for the renegotiation. Although the points we try to get from renegotiation is quite ridiculous like extending the payment into 2030, reducing the number of plane we are going to buy into 16, and even try to do barter trade to pay the cost.

But lets see what will happen in the renegotiation, if we are still insist with this ridiculous demand, there is big chance we are going to be kick out the program. Although in term of developing our designers knowledge and experience, we already get huge technical and experience benefit.

Indonesia do have meaningful contribution on the design as I have posted in earlier post. And dont forget Indonesian Aerospace also called our very senior engineers who have worked in Boeing and other (who left Indonesian Aerospace in 2000's due to company financial problem/ total numbers who left are 200 experience engineers who are part of N 250 and N2130 project) for this KFX project. I read it some years ago our official said it. So in our side we have very experience engineers.
Sadly our contribution is not as big and as valuable as what you may think it is. Just look at the south korean armed forces fb page. Altough its true that we did get valuable experience out of it.

True. Its quite sad actually. Our government lacks of commitment and consistency for the program has cost us dearly.

On the links below from one of South Korean armed forces facebook page it is even stated further regarding our involvement in this project. I dont know how true is this though.

He is fanboy not official South Korean armed force FB page bro.

His opinion is not back by fact but because of resentment due to Jokowi administration did in the program. Before Jokowi start to mess up with the program, there is no South Korean who said negative thing about Indonesia participation in the program and people to people relation between two countries seems very close, but it change dramatically after our government dont pay R&D and also start renegotiating with ridiculous demand.

Fanboy page

1599101886166.png

He is fanboy not official South Korean armed force FB page bro.

His opinion is not back by fact but because of resentment due to Jokowi administration did in the program. Before Jokowi start to mess up with the program, there is no South Korean who said negative thing about Indonesia participation in the program and people to people relation between two countries seems very close, but it change dramatically after our government dont pay R&D and also start renegotiating with ridiculous demand.

Fanboy page

View attachment 666232
Hopefully its true bro. I really hope we can benefit from this project. We have invested too much and would loose a lot if we pull out or got kicked out of the program at this stage.

Back
Top Bottom