What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Me!! :D I even think we should modify our F16 the same as IAF did. And I also supporting the thought of one of my favourite person Alm.Gus Dur who tried to open trade to them.
Btw hows their missiles price compare to MBDA?
Masih ada ga tu kantor perwakilan dagang barang haram di kuningan

Me!! :D I even think we should modify our F16 the same as IAF did. And I also supporting the thought of one of my favourite person Alm.Gus Dur who tried to open trade to them.
Btw hows their missiles price compare to MBDA?
WAAAAAAAYYYYYY cheaper.

We should take opportunity of the facts Singapore right now working with Israel as their products distributor in Aspac region. There is many instances Israel weapons products is quite top notch and very affordable (lingering with the fact Israel itself is not blessed with many funds to begin with so they must find cheaper yet effective solution in accordance for their conditions).

And it's not like the Army, Air Force and Navy reluctance to use them, in facts they are quite like it for the effectiveness and robustness.

We should take opportunity of the facts Singapore right now working with Israel as their products distributor in Aspac region. There is many instances Israel weapons products is quite top notch and very affordable (lingering with the fact Israel itself is not blessed with many funds to begin with so they must find cheaper yet effective solution in accordance for their conditions).

And it's not like the Army, Air Force and Navy reluctance to use them, in facts they are quite like it for the effectiveness and robustness.
i actually like the barak 8, if somehow we want to buy it, just buy it from India.

Babcock completes Type 31 whole ship preliminary design review

The Ministry of Defence's Type 31 frigate programme has passed a significant milestone in its development, with a comprehensive review of the ship’s design having been completed.
Follow Navy Recognition on Google News at this link

Babcock_completes_Type_31_whole_ship_preliminary_design_review_925_001.jpg
Rendering of the Royal Navy’s new Type 31 general purpose frigate. (Picture source: Babcock)

What is known as the Whole Ship Preliminary Design Review (WSPDR) was completed, virtually, by 15 experts during ten days of scrutiny, which provided a key indicator of the compliance, maturity and engineering risk in proceeding to the next Detailed Design phase.

The WSPDR was carried out virtually over a period of ten days by an independent board to review the design and quiz the engineering team. Contributors from the British Ministry of Defence also attended the event.

The independent board were impressed with the rate of progress made since contract award in November 2019, and the level of technical maturity of the design. The Engineering team in particular, and all contributors to the successful WSPDR, are to be commended for their efforts.

Progress on the Type 31 programme continues at pace. Babcock’s Rosyth facility has seen significant investment in the last decade and is embarking on a new era of digitising facilities and systems to bring advancements and efficiencies into the manufacturing, build and assembly process for the frigates. This includes the installation of additional Advanced Manufacturing capability and the construction of a new assembly hall capable of housing two Type 31 frigates. Groundbreaking for the new hall took place in April, signalling the commencement of the civil works programme.

Babcock_completes_Type_31_whole_ship_preliminary_design_review_925_002.jpg

The new assembly hall for the Type 31 frigates. (Picture source: Babcock)

About Babcock Type 31 frigates:

The Type 31 (Arrowhead 140) will offer the Royal Navy a new class of ship with a proven ability to deliver a range of peacekeeping, humanitarian and warfighting capabilities whilst offering communities and supply chains throughout the UK a wide range of economic and employment opportunities.

Arrowhead 140 will offer the Royal Navy a new class of ship with a proven ability to deliver a range of peacekeeping, humanitarian and warfighting capabilities whilst offering communities and supply chains throughout the UK a wide range of economic and employment opportunities. Arrowhead 140 is based on the proven Iver Huitfeldt-class of a frigate of the Royal Danish Navy, designed by OMT, and adapted to Royal Navy requirement by Babcock and BMT. Thales will supply the combat management system of Type 31.

Babcock_completes_Type_31_whole_ship_preliminary_design_review_925_003.jpg
Rendering of the Royal Navy’s new Type 31 general purpose frigate. (Picture source: Babcock)

General characteristics:

Type 31 is a general-purpose frigate with a displacement of 5700 tonnes and a length of 138.7 m (455 ft). The ship is equipped with 4 x Rolls Royce/MTU 20V 8000 M71 (8.2-MW) diesel engines, 4 x Rolls Royce/MTU 16V 2000 M41B (900kW) generators, a MAN Alpha VBS Mk 5 CP propeller, two shafts and a CODAD. It can reach the maximum speed of 28 knots and has an endurance of 9,000 nautical miles.

The armament of the ship comprises VLS Sea Ceptor anti-air missiles, 1x57 mm Mk 110 main gun and 2x40mm Mk 4 secondary guns. Sensors and processing systems onboard are the TACTICOS combat management system, Thales NS110 3D radar, SharpEye navigation radar, 2 Mirador Mk2 EOS and the Vigile-D ESM.

The frigate can accommodate an 80-100 crew, 1 × Wildcat or 1 × Merlin, 6 TEUs and 4 boat bays for RHIBs and USVs/UUVs. The ship is also fitted with a helicopter hangar and a flight deck.

Babcock_completes_Type_31_whole_ship_preliminary_design_review_925_004.JPG
Rendering of the Royal Navy’s new Type 31 general purpose frigate. (Picture source: Babcock/savetheroyalnavy)

https://www.navyrecognition.com/ind...-31-whole-ship-preliminary-design-review.html

IMHO, with more Itver Class derivative on the pipeline it will be good for future development of the class

WAAAAAAAYYYYYY cheaper
Dang man, more reason for us to get them. Since Nike said as Sing is now their agent, including AshM they are trying to develop together (correct me if Im wrong) it prolly abit easier now to get them? Just rename those missile to something else :lol::lol::lol:

I mean look at China with their J-10 where rumour flying around they got the base design from Israel and they also helped them develop it. Idk man, the way China progressing pace with their indigenous AESA radar is simply to good to be true if they dont have someone else helping them. Even if they steal the blueprint but the software and coding need to be there as well. And the fastest way to do it is simply buy the technology if you have the money. Even KFX is working with them (avionic), and it would be funny if somehow IFX also using the same avionic as KFX :omghaha::omghaha:

As for the type 31 - good for them. I just hope our Iver deal wont end up like all the proyek strategis we had such as military satelite, Changbogo, KFX, national data link. I mean the project goal is good but as regime changes those project turned out to be somewhat disappointmen. From the smell of corruption/bad deal/improper planning etc. For some reason we often going back to where we started.

Since Nike said as Sing is now their agent, including AshM they are trying to develop together (correct me if Im wrong) it prolly abit easier now to get them?
If only that were the case when it comes to Israeli stuff my dude.

116572896_717278975783199_8056902191794586731_n.jpg

Marine corps' LRAC 89, a bit of rarity to see it in the wild these days. I guess the 2nd Mar Brigade haven't got their RPG 7 yet?

116572896_717278975783199_8056902191794586731_n.jpg

Marine corps' LRAC 89, a bit of rarity to see it in the wild these days. I guess the 2nd Mar Brigade haven't got their RPG 7 yet?
Lho, lrac 89 also used by marine? So carl gustavv used by army?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom