What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

No that's not quite it. A part of the concept but not the concept itself.

Air cavalry is another word used for air assault. Essentially it is rapid mobility, firepower enhancement, and combat support of light infantry through the use of rotary wing assets (helicopters). A modern example would be the 101st Airborne Division, where their infantrymen (along with sling-loaded light vehicles) are carried into battle using Blackhawks and Chinooks with Apaches supporting them.

The key to having a good air assault unit is having organic aviation assets attached to the individual infantry units. As in, every KOSTRAD division having its own organic Combat Aviation Brigade permanently under them, instead of having to requisition aviation assets from PUSPENERBAD.

This is the ideal air mobility unit formation that I have in mind.

Kopaska during night training

Pics credits to original owner

07-Tingkatkan-Kemampuan-Sebagai-Pasukan-Elit-KOPASKA-Koarmada-II-Latihan-Malam-Hari.3.jpg
07-Tingkatkan-Kemampuan-Sebagai-Pasukan-Elit-KOPASKA-Koarmada-II-Latihan-Malam-Hari.4.jpg
07-Tingkatkan-Kemampuan-Sebagai-Pasukan-Elit-KOPASKA-Koarmada-II-Latihan-Malam-Hari.1.jpg
07-Tingkatkan-Kemampuan-Sebagai-Pasukan-Elit-KOPASKA-Koarmada-II-Latihan-Malam-Hari.2.jpg

If these drones are indeed ours how many did we actually ordered. I counted 9 units in this pic.

We only buy 4, as far as I know 2 have already been delivered. So from those CH4 drones, only 2 that will be for Indonesia. That picture is definately taken in China and I think they are doing test flight before 2 of those drone are delivered to Indonesia.

No that's not quite it. A part of the concept but not the concept itself.

Air cavalry is another word used for air assault. Essentially it is rapid mobility, firepower enhancement, and combat support of light infantry through the use of rotary wing assets (helicopters). A modern example would be the 101st Airborne Division, where their infantrymen (along with sling-loaded light vehicles) are carried into battle using Blackhawks and Chinooks with Apaches supporting them.

The key to having a good air assault unit is having organic aviation assets attached to the individual infantry units. As in, every KOSTRAD division having its own organic Combat Aviation Brigade permanently under them, instead of having to requisition aviation assets from PUSPENERBAD.

Thank you very much! From the way you word it, currently Kostrad does not have air units organically attached to it?

Regarding the MBT news, no need to get serious on that. Apparently Army has no intention anymore to acquire additional MBT, instead they went for Air Cavalery. Perhaps there will be change of plan in the future
MBT and Attack chopper/air cavalry should be complementary not substitution product. IMHO Air cavalry could not, and should not replace armored unit. Vice versa.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom