What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

btw did anyone know how airborne ASW radar works, can a modern one detect submarine below periscope depth?

*sigh* no such thing as ASW radar because its defy the fundamental law of physic. Most radio wave band can't travel underwater, the only band that could travel underwater is ELF band even that is only use to queue sub to go to periscope depth so they could download message using either Sat or UHF

They are made in Indonesia no doubt, but they are Tanfoglio licensed production units in Indonesia to capture ASEAN and Oceania market

"Tanfoglio licensed production units in Indonesia to capture ASEAN and Oceania market"
Admin of the Komodo Armament insta page have responded to these kind of statement: They are purely designed and made in Indonesia.

In my opinion they did start as a subsidiary, but they do seem to have already parted from the parent company. Before 2015 you can see Tanfoglio-licensed product in their webpage (mainly pistols, with many variants with local names), but after that they did not seem to produce it anymore. They also built conversion kit for pistol. Now these products cannot be seen in Komodo Armament's website. I think the rights to license-produce it was already ended, so now they're producing their own designs.

"Tanfoglio licensed production units in Indonesia to capture ASEAN and Oceania market"
Admin of the Komodo Armament insta page have responded to these kind of statement: They are purely designed and made in Indonesia.

In my opinion they did start as a subsidiary, but they do seem to have already parted from the parent company. Before 2015 you can see Tanfoglio-licensed product in their webpage (mainly pistols, with many variants with local names), but after that they did not seem to produce it anymore. They also built conversion kit for pistol. Now these products cannot be seen in Komodo Armament's website. I think the rights to license-produce it was already ended, so now they're producing their own designs.
I found two KA account on IG, komodoarmament and komodo_armament_indonesia, are both of them OA?

Makes sense, the most numerous tactical truck they have is the Tatra. Hopefully they get rid of all the other trucks they have and replace them fully with the Tatra models.

This is from 13 May contract
IMG_20200516_121958_532.jpg

Pretty old video about locally made Mk82 bomb equivalent. It seems no one posted it here yet
I think they still need to import mk82 for JDAM though.
Pretty old video about locally made Mk82 bomb equivalent. It seems no one posted it here yet
I think they still need to import mk82 for JDAM though.

What make this impressive is how the pilot managed to score hit quite accurately without any guidance (I am aware that the Falcon's targeting computer may helped them).

seems Indonesia Marine Corps new KAPA is will come from Chezch Excalibur Army

https://www.excaliburarmy.cz/military-engineering-vehicles-k8

Either that, or we will produce or own KAPA (KAPA RD Mk 1 designed by PT Republik Defensindo)
Kapa1.jpg

Apparently, Republik Defensindo is Czech and Slovakian representative
Screenshot_2020-05-16 18e427_77ed6fdac6f94f3e8ff8838a98c50f5a pdf.png

This is their own website
https://defensindo.com/military-vehicles/ifv/

This is their focus back in 2013
Screenshot_2020-05-16 18e427_77ed6fdac6f94f3e8ff8838a98c50f5a pdf(1).png

Since they're Excalibur Army representative, they may also import Czech-made KAPA
Excalibur%2BKapa.png

Other alternative for us, is buying KAPA multiguna from PT Wirajayadi Bahari
6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom