What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Hmm... that was deep reading.

I don't fully agree with his belief that a Perppu would be the 'death sentence' of Indonesia's maritime procedures. Yes, its made for 'pressing situations' but by and far the condition our maritime security is in is pressing, though perhaps not 'emergency'.

In his article he said that 'peleburan' or a 'unification' of command was needed, and yet he did not want Bakamla to become the sole authority. As an outsider and layman, I really don't see the difference.

@pr1v4t33r , do you mind explaining what the main problem is? I read the article, and though I understand the 'conflicting areas of jurisdiction' and 'dead end legislation', I don't understand why the though process to his recommendations.

Pangdivif-1-Kostrad-4.jpg
Pangdivif-1Kostrad-3.jpg
Pangdivif-1-Kostrad-2.jpg
Pangdivif-1-Kostrad.jpg

Hmm... that was deep reading.

I don't fully agree with his belief that a Perppu would be the 'death sentence' of Indonesia's maritime procedures. Yes, its made for 'pressing situations' but by and far the condition our maritime security is in is pressing, though perhaps not 'emergency'.

In his article he said that 'peleburan' or a 'unification' of command was needed, and yet he did not want Bakamla to become the sole authority. As an outsider and layman, I really don't see the difference.

@pr1v4t33r , do you mind explaining what the main problem is? I read the article, and though I understand the 'conflicting areas of jurisdiction' and 'dead end legislation', I don't understand why the though process to his recommendations.

i don't think i can explain any better than what you already understand either.. While the author highlight his regret on the formation of BAKAMLA and instead preferring the formation of PLP to comply with the law, i think the decision on forming a superior body that encompass wider responsibilities for guarding the sea under one powerful authority, just like modern Coast Guard around the world has it's own merit.

The problem arise on the implementation side. We envisage a roaring tiger, yet what we have now is only a cub.. We can replace several guard dogs with a tiger, but we can't replace them with a cub.. It's just too small and too weak to be entrusted to guard our vast sea.. thus, it's doomed to fail to deliver it's huge responsibilities.

Not knocking down the move though.. with proper funding and support, this cub can grow into a real tiger that we all hope for.

Last edited:
How about KPLP and Bakamla? Why cant these two be merged into one organization?

What Skyhigh said, I don't understand why we need a coast guard that reports to the Ministry of Transportation and one that reports to the Coordinating Minister of Security and Defence
it somewhat the same way DLLAJ and traffic police are different. they share similar jurisdiction but got different function.

What Skyhigh said, I don't understand why we need a coast guard that reports to the Ministry of Transportation and one that reports to the Coordinating Minister of Security and Defence

KPLP is a government civilian body under The Transportation Ministry, their jobs including put the navigation lights, vessel traffic, flags, port state control, port administration including all permit activities in the port facilities, they responsible to secure the sea around 12 nm from the coast etc. KPLP's ships will never be installed with missile and canon. Their maximum gun is 12,7 mm.

Bakamla is a half military body, they are responsible to secure and to back up our navy to defense all of our seas including EEZ.

Bakamla is a backup of Indonesian Navy. That's why all of our Bakamla's ships will be installed with Sewaco, and can be installed with main gun (30 mm / 40 mm / 57 mm / 76 mm) and missiles but FFBNW.

Bakamla will imitate the US Coast Guard.
US Coast Guard is under The Ministry of Defence.
Our Bakamla is reporting to The Coordinating Ministry of Security and Defence.

Yes, Bakamla now is only a cub but the government is now focusing to build more ship's platforms either for our navy or bakamla.

When our navy platforms been fullfilled with armaments, BAKAMLA will have its turn to be given with armaments too.

Last edited:
Indonesian Army to increase Apache pilots from 10 to 20 pilots. An indication a batch 2 Apache Guardian order in process?

Sudah Punya 10 Pilot Helikopter Apache, TNI AD Akan Tambah Lagi

Reporter:
M Rosseno Aji
Editor:
Rina Widiastuti
20 Juli 2018 22:52 WIB

AH 64E yang baru dibeli dari Amerika Serikat. Rencananya jumlahnya akan ditambah menjadi 20 pilot.

"Sekarang sudah 10 orang yang sudah menyelesaikan pendidikan," kata Komandan Skuadron 11/Serbu, Letnan Kolonel Cpn Cahyo Permono di markasnya di Pangkalan Udara TNI AD Ahmad Yani Semarang, Jawa Tengah, Jumat, 20 Juli 2018.

Sebelumnya, sebanyak delapan helikopter Apache resmi diserahterimakan dari Kementerian Pertahanan kepada Panglima TNI Marsekal Hadi Tjahjanto di Pangkalan Udara TNI Ahmad Yani Semarang, 16 Mei 2018. Pemerintah membeli Apache dari Amerika Serikat dengan harga sekitar Rp 500 miliar per unit. Helikopter ini diklaim menjadi helikopter paling canggih yang dimiliki TNI AD.

Read more: https://nasional.tempo.co/read/1109...gi?TerkiniUtama&campaign=TerkiniUtama_Click_1

Indonesian Army to increase Apache pilots from 10 to 20 pilots. An indication a batch 2 Apache Guardian order in process?

Sudah Punya 10 Pilot Helikopter Apache, TNI AD Akan Tambah Lagi

Reporter:
M Rosseno Aji
Editor:
Rina Widiastuti
20 Juli 2018 22:52 WIB

AH 64E yang baru dibeli dari Amerika Serikat. Rencananya jumlahnya akan ditambah menjadi 20 pilot.

"Sekarang sudah 10 orang yang sudah menyelesaikan pendidikan," kata Komandan Skuadron 11/Serbu, Letnan Kolonel Cpn Cahyo Permono di markasnya di Pangkalan Udara TNI AD Ahmad Yani Semarang, Jawa Tengah, Jumat, 20 Juli 2018.

Sebelumnya, sebanyak delapan helikopter Apache resmi diserahterimakan dari Kementerian Pertahanan kepada Panglima TNI Marsekal Hadi Tjahjanto di Pangkalan Udara TNI Ahmad Yani Semarang, 16 Mei 2018. Pemerintah membeli Apache dari Amerika Serikat dengan harga sekitar Rp 500 miliar per unit. Helikopter ini diklaim menjadi helikopter paling canggih yang dimiliki TNI AD.

Read more: https://nasional.tempo.co/read/1109...gi?TerkiniUtama&campaign=TerkiniUtama_Click_1

Bukannya rasionya 1 platform 3 pilot, apalagi tandem seat itu Apache

Indonesia to boost military products` procurement process for Brunei
Jumat, 20 Juli 2018 20:45 WIB - 0 Views

Reporter: antara

antarafoto-pertemuan222x-menlu-ri-dengan-menlu-brunei-200718-gp-2.jpg

Foreign Minister Retno LP Marsudi (right) shook hands with Foreign Minister and Trade II of Brunei Darussalam Dato Erywan Pehin Yusof (left) at Pancasila building, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Jakarta, Friday (20/7/2018). (ANTARA PHOTO/Galih Pradipta)

Jakarta (ANTARA News) - The Government of Indonesia is committed to boost military products` procurement process for Brunei, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

"Of course, we will follow up on this plan. The process is underway, and we agree to boost it," Indonesia`s Minister of Foreign Affairs Retno Marsudi noted here on Friday.

Earlier, Minister Marsudi and her Brunei counterpart Minister Erwyn Yusof had attended the 4th Indonesia-Brunei Joint Commission for Bilateral Cooperation (JCBC) at the Pancasila Building in Jakarta.

The plan to purchase some military products from Indonesia was initiated by Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah of Brunei during his visit to Jakarta in May this year.

Bolkiah had expressed interest in some military weapons and vehicles produced by PT Pindad while visiting an exhibition at the Indonesian Military Base in Cilangkap, East Jakarta.

Apart from military and defense cooperation, Marsudi noted that during the JCBC, the two countries agreed to intensify negotiations on the placement and protection of Indonesian migrant workers in Brunei, considering their number reaches 20 percent of Brunei`s population.

Indonesia also conveyed a request for some residency permits for its diplomats deployed in Brunei.

Indonesia and Brunei are also committed to strengthen cooperation in combating transnational organized crimes, especially on the trafficking of humans and drugs as well as counterterrorism.

On the sidelines of the meeting, Indonesia`s aircraft company Sriwijaya Air had signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) note with Brunei`s Syarikat Kejuruteraan Bumiputra Belait Sdn Bhd to start flight services on the Bandar Seri Begawan-Balikpapan route.

The MoU highlighted Indonesia-Brunei JCBC`s agreement to boost economic cooperation through business-to-business relations.

Brunei was keen to follow up on Indonesia`s invitation to invest in the "10 New Bali" tourism destinations.

In the social and cultural fields, Indonesia and Brunei have agreed to implement an MoU on health cooperation signed in 2015 and to follow up on an action plan on food security through agricultural cooperation.

(T.A060/INE)
(T.A060/A/KR-BSR/A/H-YH)
Editor: Heru Purwanto

COPYRIGHT © ANTARA 2018

https://m.antaranews.com/en/news/11...itary-products-procurement-process-for-brunei

Bukannya rasionya 1 platform 3 pilot, apalagi tandem seat itu Apache
That's why i asked. Anyway the Commander of the Indonesian Army Aviation 11th Assault Squadron suggested that ideally Indonesia should have a Squadron of Apaches with a total of 32 units.

Idealnya Indonesia Perlu Skuadron Apache

JUMAT, 20 JULI 2018 | 23:14 WIB | LAPORAN: ADITYO NUGROHO

RMOL.
Dalam memenuhi Minimum Essensial Force (MEF) Renstra II (2015-2019), Indonesia mendatangkan delapan unit helikopter Apache dari Amerika Serikat.

Kedatangan helikopter canggih tersebut menambah keketatan militer Indonesia yang memiliki daya getar di kawasan.

Komandan Skuadron-11/Serbu Letkol Cpn Cahyo Permono menyatakan kedatangan Apache ini merupakan suatu lompatan teknologi yang besar bagi perkembangan alutsista Indonesia.

"Kalau kami berfikir bisa lebih dari delapan menjadikan daya tempur kita lebih signifikan," kata Cahyo saat ditemui di Skuadron-11/Serbu, Semarang, Jumat (20/7).

Skuadron-11/Serbu merupakan tempat di mana 8 unit Apache ditempatkan bersama heli serang jenis lainnya.

Menurut Cahyo, jumlah Apache bergantung pada eskalasi ancaman yang terus meningkat di era saat ini. Sehingga unit Apache yang berteknologi canggih itu perlu ditambah.

"Itu tergantung dari segala ancaman dan persepsi kita kepada ancaman dan bagaimana kita membangun kekuatan. Kami berfikir 1 skuadron, 1 skuadron berisi 32 unit," terangnya.

Kendati demikian, dia mengembalikan lagi pada kemampuan negara dalam mengalokasikan anggaran berdasarkan prioritas.

"Berdasarkan pemikiran saya, masih memerlukan lebih tapi kita kembali lagi kepada nrgara," pungkasnya. [nes]

http://keamanan.rmol.co/read/2018/07/20/348660/Idealnya-Indonesia-Perlu-Skuadron-Apache-

That's why i asked?

Idealnya Indonesia Perlu Skuadron Apache

JUMAT, 20 JULI 2018 | 23:14 WIB | LAPORAN: ADITYO NUGROHO

RMOL.
Dalam memenuhi Minimum Essensial Force (MEF) Renstra II (2015-2019), Indonesia mendatangkan delapan unit helikopter Apache dari Amerika Serikat.

Kedatangan helikopter canggih tersebut menambah keketatan militer Indonesia yang memiliki daya getar di kawasan.

Komandan Skuadron-11/Serbu Letkol Cpn Cahyo Permono menyatakan kedatangan Apache ini merupakan suatu lompatan teknologi yang besar bagi perkembangan alutsista Indonesia.

"Kalau kami berfikir bisa lebih dari delapan menjadikan daya tempur kita lebih signifikan," kata Cahyo saat ditemui di Skuadron-11/Serbu, Semarang, Jumat (20/7).

Skuadron-11/Serbu merupakan tempat di mana 8 unit Apache ditempatkan bersama heli serang jenis lainnya.

Menurut Cahyo, jumlah Apache bergantung pada eskalasi ancaman yang terus meningkat di era saat ini. Sehingga unit Apache yang berteknologi canggih itu perlu ditambah.

"Itu tergantung dari segala ancaman dan persepsi kita kepada ancaman dan bagaimana kita membangun kekuatan. Kami berfikir 1 skuadron, 1 skuadron berisi 32 unit," terangnya.

Kendati demikian, dia mengembalikan lagi pada kemampuan negara dalam mengalokasikan anggaran berdasarkan prioritas.

"Berdasarkan pemikiran saya, masih memerlukan lebih tapi kita kembali lagi kepada nrgara," pungkasnya. [nes]

http://keamanan.rmol.co/read/2018/07/20/348660/Idealnya-Indonesia-Perlu-Skuadron-Apache-

1 skuadron 32 unit?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom