What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

From various sources, the ori pictures is not mine so credit belonging to the owner.

Indonesian Students Militia units, they are basically infantry units organized into batallion level in one region, usually several campusses made up one batallion and the larger ones can get a whole batallion level just in one campusses. This is voluntary based units, so no compulsory ones. The history of Indonesian Student Militia units can be traced back into Indonesian war of Independent, many student militia joining Indonesia military campaign including war against DI/TII, Timor invansion, border war in Borneo (confrontation against Malaysia), campaign against communists militia in 65 and other.

v3j2pu.jpg

user192artikel7684ukuran500.jpg

Diksar Yudha

DSC01534.JPG

Preps before stelling and positioning training

19- 43 - Stelling di kebun teh.JPG

Stelling in tea plantation

DIKSAR YUDHA 35 (3).JPG

PT Pindad expands international partnerships
Indonesian state-owned firm PT Pindad has expanded collaborative ties with Germany's Rheinmetall, India's Tata Motors, and Sweden's Saab.

pindad.jpg

The industrial links are framed by agreements signed at the Indo Defence 2016 exhibition in Jakarta, which concluded on 6 November.

An official from PT Pindad confirmed to IHS Jane's that the industrial alliances are indicative of the company's efforts to "grow our capabilities".

He added, "The government is supporting Indonesian companies and the most important strategy is co-operation with foreign companies. We are in discussions with many companies."

The official confirmed that PT Pindad's memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Rheinmetall is centred on the joint production of small- to large-calibre ammunition for both the Indonesian defence market and export customers.

http://www.janes.com/article/65352/pt-pindad-expands-international-partnerships

Sebenernya sih ok2 aja klo AU mau ambil AW 101. Cuma yang masih mengganjal itu harganya, sempat dikabarkan sampe $55 million USD itu gimana ceritanya... smell fishy
Thats the irony of purchasing weapons system in indonesia, always be a mark up and corruption object of some high ranking officials, how can we be strong if our own general and officials betrayed us like this

Mudah2xan di markup bukan untuk dikorup. Tapi untuk menambah bujet di proposal anggaran nanti. Misalnya, kalo minta dua heli nanti ditanya kenapa banyak banget? Satu aja. Jadi diakalin mintanya satu heli harga 55juta, nanti tawar2x jadi 40juta. Nah nanti kalo duitnya turun belinya dua heli. Lebih gampang minta izin beli satu daripada beli dua. Mudah2xan :-)

I was commenting that the markup prices are not necessarily to be corrupted. Marking up prices may be just a way to get around the budget bureaucracy. It's easier to get permission to buy one than buying two.

Mudah2xan di markup bukan untuk dikorup. Tapi untuk menambah bujet di proposal anggaran nanti. Misalnya, kalo minta dua heli nanti ditanya kenapa banyak banget? Satu aja. Jadi diakalin mintanya satu heli harga 55juta, nanti tawar2x jadi 40juta. Nah nanti kalo duitnya turun belinya dua heli. Lebih gampang minta izin beli satu daripada beli dua. Mudah2xan

Unfortunatelly, that's not how government manage their procurement budget. Moreover, letter from the airforce to MOD for the procurement of 1 unit AW-101 valued 55 million USD, had circulated sometimes ago. So, their dubious intention was clear for everyone to see.

Last edited:
From various sources, the ori pictures is not mine so credit belonging to the owner.

Indonesian Students Militia units, they are basically infantry units organized into batallion level in one region, usually several campusses made up one batallion and the larger ones can get a whole batallion level just in one campusses. This is voluntary based units, so no compulsory ones. The history of Indonesian Student Militia units can be traced back into Indonesian war of Independent, many student militia joining Indonesia military campaign including war against DI/TII, Timor invansion, border war in Borneo (confrontation against Malaysia), campaign against communists militia in 65 and other.
imho saying it a student militia is slightly misleading..
menwa is a form of a military reserve. the name itself is "resimen mahasiswa". which would translate better to "scholar regiment".
i'm pretty sure theres a difference between a military reserve and a militia.

https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resimen_mahasiswa

Visit of the Royal Australian Army to the Indonesian Army Kostrad 1st Cavalry Battalion base. Credit to Yonkav 1 Kostrad.

14733768_684250805082518_7369405027934273536_n.jpg

FOTO LANGKA
Ente2x perhatiin nggak? Tiap kali ada tentara buhle berhadapan sama tentara kita, mereka biasanya bertollakpinggang. Silakan perhatiin foto2x postingan sebelum2xnya.Tolakpinggang ini adalah bhs tubuh orang sana yang artinya: gua lebih superior dari loe. Biasanya thd bangsa Asia ( kecuali Jepang, Korsel, dan RRC.), dan Afrika.

Foto diatas langka karna kayaknya baru kali ini saya liat ada tentara kita yang berbalas tolakpinggang. Menurut anda bhs tubuh ini perlu disosialisasikan nggak kpd tentara kita kalo berhadapan sama tentara sana?

Bhs tubuh ini berlaku bukan hanya di militer tapi juga di kehidpn sehari2x.

I was commenting on how body language is essential when foreign parties have some degree of challenges in communicating with each other. I wonder if there is a universal military body language in this world.

imho saying it a student militia is slightly misleading..
menwa is a form of a military reserve. the name itself is "resimen mahasiswa". which would translate better to "scholar regiment".
i'm pretty sure theres a difference between a military reserve and a militia.

https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resimen_mahasiswa

The militia according to Oxford dictionary, is army or other fighting units comprised of non professional fighter or combatant units. Usually they were citizen or other state subjects. They were can be called upon by State to enter combat situation, and opposed with professional soldiers or full time regular units, militia usually had their daily life as civillian.

Well i am use student terms for mahasiswa is according to the British term for who enrolled in University is called student...

So my translation for regiment mahasiswa into Student militia is not without basic....

The militia according to Oxford dictionary, is army or other fighting units comprised of non professional fighter or combatant units. Usually they were citizen or other state subjects. They were can be called upon by State to enter combat situation, and opposed with professional soldiers or full time regular units, militia usually had their daily life as civillian.

Well i am use student terms for mahasiswa is according to the British term for who enrolled in University is called student...

So my translation for regiment mahasiswa into Student militia is not without basic....

and thats where the difference between a reserve and a militia lies.. a military reserve receive a similar training with active duty training. and after several basic or advance training they return to their civilian lives only to spend few days per week/month to maintain their skill. they are military organization.

militia is form usually during emergency, and receive their training only at that time

menwa is a military reserve. they receive those trainings, they are a military organisation... they're not a militia. hence why i said that saying that menwa is a militia is misleading.
imho you can call them a student military reserve unit, or scholar military reserve unit, or simply by translating their name directly to scholar/student regiment which is more fitting than calling them student militia unit.

Based on a neighbor defense blog, the newly-contract-signed of Philippine frigate will have better radar compare to our PKRs.
(Unfortunately im not allowed to attach a link yet).

Very curious why do we chose a 'tanggung' spec ya?

It feels like hit by a storm in a daylight...

A fine example how Western media always looks for ways to blame muslim and Islam. It's perfectly clear that the main goal is to put Ahok to justice and not to put him to death.
Would you please provide a link to what you consider a better English-language newspaper story discussing this? Thanks.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom