What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Amphibious Landing Armada Jaya Exercise 2016. Credit to Ghofuur Eka Ferianto.

14309814_322659574752915_7162489227488264192_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKZlG1Wj9Oq/

I never liked the idea of buying chinese tech from the start. Sure it's cheaper but the quality, especially the exported versions are WORSE than their russian or western counterpart.

Plus China is one of our possible future threat and they've been messing around in Natuna area. Why would they sell their "good" weapons to a huge country, that could become a future threat for them in SCS?

I'd rather see TNI buy less but higher quality weapons then tons of cheap crap.

What is SIPRI? This is from their website:

"Established in 1966, SIPRI provides data, analysis and recommendations, based on open sources, to policymakers, researchers, media and the interested public
."

To me, SIPRI is just a school bulletin board. In fact, a REAL school bulletin board is more reliable than SIPRI. All information submitted to SIPRI are voluntary, no obligation. If a country buys or sells weapons and not reporting to SIPRI, what will happen to that country? Face embargo? Punished with UN Resolution? Does SIPRI have any power to enforce arms trade reports to anyone? Is SIPRI under the UN? Many worldwide arms trade are done without revealing the buyers, items traded, and volumes traded, so is SIPRI reliable?

The answers are no,no,no,no,no,no,no.

Can a country 'use' SIPRI for marketing purpose by reporting false arms trade, usually by marking up the exported volumes? I think so, knowing that SIPRI is accessible worldwide and many people believe SIPRI just like they believe the celebrity tabloids. So if I sold 20 missiles, I claim to SIPRI 40 missiles and my claim gets published. That's a good marketing. Free of charge too. The buyer won't protest, because it's better people think you have 40 missiles while you actually only have 20.

What happen to your C705 ? Very-very shameful for TNI-AL that styill claimed as "World Class Navy" ...:cheesy:

Is it true that you have already acquired 500 unit C705 as "pre-condition" for ToT of this missile from China?

Any corruption or "kickback" for that purchased and ToT ? and

Who are involved in the acquisition?

So, don't be angry if we call your navy now ... As the world class navy with or supported by many junk missiles and ships .... maybe (i hope not) .. you have also many "junk admirals"...:-)

I'm not angry, because I know that your WHOOOLE country is mal-asia, a defect Asian country :girl_wacko::hang3::sarcastic:. "malaysia truly Asia" is an insult to the whole Asian continent.

What is SIPRI? This is from their website:

"Established in 1966, SIPRI provides data, analysis and recommendations, based on open sources, to policymakers, researchers, media and the interested public
."

To me, SIPRI is just a school bulletin board. In fact, a REAL school bulletin board is more reliable than SIPRI. All information submitted to SIPRI are voluntary, no obligation. If a country buys or sells weapons and not reporting to SIPRI, what will happen to that country? Face embargo? Punished with UN Resolution? Does SIPRI have any power to enforce arms trade reports to anyone? Is SIPRI under the UN? Many worldwide arms trade are done without revealing the buyers, items traded, and volumes traded, so is SIPRI reliable?

The answers are no,no,no,no,no,no,no.

Can a country 'use' SIPRI for marketing purpose by reporting false arms trade, usually by marking up the exported volumes? I think so, knowing that SIPRI is accessible worldwide and many people believe SIPRI just like they believe the celebrity tabloids. So if I sold 20 missiles, I claim to SIPRI 40 missiles and my claim gets published. That's a good marketing. Free of charge too. The buyer won't protest, because it's better people think you have 40 missiles while you actually only have 20.

Thanks, never realized that SIPRI data source could be made up before. Instead of reporting real quantity of procured arms, they are more likely to be used as 'marketing' and 'propaganda' purposes.
But still wonder, who would report data about 500 missiles procurements and for what purposes? As I guess not everyone can do it. Too many motives behind it, deterence? Misinformation? Maybe just marketing:fie:.

Anyway, thanks that opens up my mind:rolleyes1:

Kampret Ini yang delay 5 menit bukan? :D yang bikin jokowi nyengir? gasah masukrinsinih beritanya. maluoii.
Ampun om, postingan ane g bermaksud malu2in bangsa kita om...
Di vidionya om Babyceebong, rudal meluncur sesuai hitungan komandan, kalaupun ada delay sekitar 5 detik bukan 5 menit om... di lapak sebelah dibahas kalau kemungkinan delay 5 mnt karena kesalahan teknis komunikasi... :what:
175806_large.jpg

175807_large.jpg

Okezone.com

Last edited:
Jokowi: Budget For Arms Procurement Need Top Priority, Especially Those That Have Strategic Effect.

Jokowi: Anggaran Alutsista Perlu Skala Prioritas, Terutama Berefek Strategis

Keamanan JUM'AT, 16 SEPTEMBER 2016 , 07:52:00 WIB | LAPORAN: WIDYA VICTORIA

Gatot Nurmantyo, Joko Widodo, Dan Ade Supandi/Puspen TNI

RMOL. Presiden Joko Widodo turut menyaksikan gelar puncak latihan tempur TNI AL Armada Jaya XXXIV tahun 2016 di Puslatpur Marinir Baluran, Situbondo, Jawa Timur, kemarin.

Presiden pun menekankan, pentingnya rutinitas latihan untuk meningkatkan profesionalisme dan kemampuan senjata.

"Latihan-latihan seperti ini akan terus kita lakukan dalam rangka meng-update, memperbaiki latihan-latihan yang disesuaikan dengan senjata-senjata strategis yang kita miliki, akan terus dilakukan secara rutin," kata Presiden yang didampingi Panglima TNI Jenderal TNI Gatot Nurmantyo dan Kepala Staf AL, Laksamana Ade Supandi.

Secara taktis dan strategis, ia menilai latihan tempur TNI AL ini telah mampu memperlihatkan pentahapan suatu operasi pertempuran, pendaratan, dan penguasaan wilayah.

"Kalau kemarin kita lihat pertempuran di laut dan kita lihat tadi pagi pendaratan ampibi di pantai dan ini pertempuran di darat oleh marinir, sudah kita lihat tahapan-tahapan bagaimana menguasai sebuah wilayah," papar Jokowi.

Lebih lanjut menyikapi efisiensi anggaran dan alutsista TNI, Jokowi mengatakan bahwa diperlukan penentuan skala prioritas, terutama program yang dapat memberi efek strategis.

"Ini kan ada prioritas dan pemotongan anggaran seperti yang sudah saya keluarkan lewat Inpres agar untuk hal-hal yang tidak perlu dan tidak memberikan efek kepada apapun. Kita lihat kegunaannya, semua itu masih dalam kajian di KKIP dan dikalkulasi oleh Panglima TNI, saya kira itu masih proses,” terangnya.

Read more: http://keamanan.rmol.co/read/2016/09/16/260844/Jokowi:--Anggaran-Alutsista-Perlu-Skala-Prioritas-

Last edited:
Pindad and SAAB Holds One Day Workshop GBAD

Wednesday, September 14, 2016, PT Pindad (Persero), which used the Swedish defense company, SAAB AB held a one-day workshop in the auditorium PT Pindad (Persero).

Workshop with the theme Ground Base Air Defence was attended by members of the unity Weaponry Air Defense Artillery Center (Pussenarhanud) led by Deputy Commander Pussenarhanud, Col. I Ketut Sugiartha Arh. Commercial Director of PT Pindad (Persero) Widjajanto attended the opening of the workshop.

In his speech, Widjajanto said that PINDAD being directed by the Ministry of Defence to strictly oversee all water development related to defense the national defense industry's ability to absorb technology through Transfer of Technology and licensed products.

"It is expected from today's workshop, have been increasingly drawn requirements of Pussen Arhanud anything, because we're here to listen, to listen to the demand of the fathers of all as a direct user of this air defense system," he said.

He also said that Pindad wide open lines of communication to continue to interact with the user to get a good understanding of each other. "Hopefully, today's workshop could provide a blessing for the development of our air defense system, for PINDAD as carrier mandate Defense Industry Law no. 16 in 2012, and for good relations with colleagues Indonesia SAAB of Sweden, "said Widjajanto.

Wadan Pussenarhanud, Col. I Ketut Sugiartha said that the missile weapon system technology needed by Pussenarhanud, unity emphasizes those needs at 4 point.

"From a user standpoint, components or aspects of the procurement sista mandatory minimum missile consists of four things: operational aspects, education and training, maintenance, and technology transfer. Fourth this should be considered because it will greatly affect the cyst operational during the active period. We hope, in addition to discuss the technical aspects, these four should also be discussed in this workshop, "he said.

He also said that this workshop is the beginning of a major step towards the independence of the national defense industry. "The independence of the defense industry missile weapon system is a huge strategic step and a big step that has started from the day's activities," he said.

The workshop was followed by a day of in-depth presentation on water technology base ground defense of AD Swedish SAAB and closed with a discussion. (Anggia)

https://www.pindad.com/pindad-dan-saab-gelar-one-day-workshop-gbad

14364775_1194373807251728_2955325021451774428_n.jpg

Progress of Indonesian Navy 2nd PKR Sigma 10514, KRI GNR (I Gusti Ngurah Rai), at PT PAL. Credit to IMF and original photographer.
https://www.facebook.com/7622574837...257483796698/1194373807251728/?type=3&theater

+1 bro; and also Griphen NG ToT ... oh ... thts only a slice of puberty wet dream OmG
Not so much of a dream, since SAAB did give the offer..... I don't get why the decision makers overlooked the fact that it's actually the most reasonable offer that we've got these times around...

Idk..

The most reasonable path for jet fighter development & its transfer of technology is through KFX/IFX program. We have to focus our energy on this one. GripenNG tot scheme will only distract and drain our limited resources.

The most reasonable path for jet fighter development & its transfer of technology is through KFX/IFX program. We have to focus our energy on this one. GripenNG tot scheme will only distract and drain our limited resources.

I didn't talk solely about Gripen, since I'm more interested with the "Data Link Integration" or whatever, that comes along with Gripen and Erieye..

Back
Top Bottom