What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

What is the classification of RPG-7, though?
'Missile'

Greetings, just made first post here but I've been reading this forum for quiet a time.

Well, IMO RPG is just Rocket Propelled Grenade. ATGM requires at least a seeker.
If I'm not mistaken, we have Ataka (either AT-5 or AT-9 in our arsenal that comes with our MI-35P).
And also there's this missile launcher atop of the BVP2 but I could'nt recognize it.

CMIIW

Sorry mistaken to write 'missile' instead of 'rocket'

'Missile'

Greetings, just made first post here but I've been reading this forum for quiet a time.

If I'm not mistaken, we have Ataka (either AT-5 or AT-9 in our arsenal that comes with our MI-35P).
And also there's this missile launcher atop of the BVP2 but I could'nt recognize it.

CMIIW

salam kenal ya
Ataka is an ATGM that hook in helicopters or tanks ..not used by person or manpad like RPG or some NLAW and Jav

'Missile'

Well, IMO RPG is just Rocket Propelled Grenade. ATGM requires at least a seeker.

CMIIW

Ah, crap.. I think I missed the "G" in "ATGM" right there. My bad..

'Missile'

CMIIW

Thats ... 9M113 Konkurs on BVP-2; Konkurs is Kornet big bro ... old timer (USSR) ATGM

Bekerja dengan Kehormatan sebagai Dasar.. Yonif Raider 600/Mdg.. Cepat, Senyap, Tepat
tni1.jpg

KMC Komando from Tesco Indomaritim
kmc-komando.jpg

kmc-komando2.jpg

Armada Jaya 2016
tni3.jpg

armada-jaya.jpg

Presidential Chopter
tni-au.jpg

Last edited:
Indonesian president watches failed firings of Chinese-made C-705 missiles at naval exercise

1529710_-_main.jpg

The Indonesian Navy's KCR-40 missile attack craft, KRI Clurit, which failed to successfully fire a C-705 missile at the 'Armada Jaya' 2016 exercise on 14 September. Source: TNI-AL
Key Points
  • Attempts to launch C-705 missiles from two Indonesian warships during an exercise has failed
  • Failures come against the backdrop of increased spending on Chinese-made weapon systems by Jakarta
The Indonesian Navy's (Tentara Nasional Indonesia - Angkatan Laut, or TNI-AL's) attempt to successfully launch Chinese-made C-705 anti-ship missiles from two indigenously built attack craft during a major naval exercise has failed, sources from within the service informed IHS Jane's on 15 September.

The missiles, which were deployed onboard the KCR-40-class missile attack craft KRIClurit (641) and KRI Kujang (642), each failed at different stages of their launches on 14 September.

Clurit and Kujang each fired a single C-705 missile during Exercise 'Armada Jaya' 2016 which was conducted in the Java Sea.

Both attempts were made in full view of Indonesian President Joko Widodo who was there to witness the exercise from onboard the landing platform dock ship KRIBanjarmasin (592). Accompanying him was TNI-AL chief Admiral Ade Supandi, and Indonesian Armed Forces (TNI) chief General Gatot Nurmantyo.

According to TNI-AL sources, the first C-705 deployed on Clurit failed to launch upon command, but fired unexpectedly about five minutes later after the ship's crew failed to observe a misfire procedure.

The missile failed to hit its designated target for the exercise, the recently decommissioned Tisza-class auxiliary support ship, Karimata (960). The second C-705 missile, which was fired from Kujang , failed during mid-flight, and subsequently also failed to hit the same target.

Besides Clurit and Kujang , 'Armada Jaya' also involves the participation of about 7,000 TNI personnel and 39 naval vessels including a Cakra Type 209/1300-class diesel-electric submarine (SSK).

Other TNI-AL weapons that will be tested during the exercise, that runs until the end of September 2016, include the C-802 anti-ship missile that has also been acquired from China.

Want to read more? For analysis on this article and access to all our insight content, please enquire about our subscription options ihs.com/contact

To read the full article, Client Login
(324 of 354 words)

http://www.janes.com/article/63815/...chinese-made-c-705-missiles-at-naval-exercise

Thats ... 9M113 Konkurs on BVP-2; Konkurs is Kornet big bro ... old timer (USSR) ATGM

Yup I guess that it is, thanks dude.
Old timer indeed, but based on battle in Middle East, I guess Kornet is still relevant and not too out dated (at least it keeps our BVPs look tougher :-))
But for the Ataka, well I have no the slightest idea. Anybody knows its effectivity against armor?

salam kenal ya
Ataka is an ATGM that hook in helicopters or tanks ..not used by person or manpad like RPG or some NLAW and Jav

Salam kenal bro, cheers:wave:

I hope this FAILED C 705 incident put an end to indonesia-china transfer of technologies of this missiles agreement talk, lets ask the swedish or south korea to help us on our own indigenous ASHM missiles

I hope this FAILED C 705 incident put an end to indonesia-china transfer of technologies of this missiles agreement talk, lets ask the swedish or south korea to help us on our own indigenous ASHM missiles
Agreed.. We have to find other source for the TOT... Fact if fact...lesson learned...never repeat again..

Weird smell is in the air. If we follow the procurement plan from last year, we knew that the planned AW 101 are old stocks, part of the cancelled India' procurement, because of marked-up case. That's why it's only rational that the price should be lower than the new chopter. NOT HIGHER! :crazy:

View attachment 334682

Yes..very fishy here...almost 1 trillion rupiah for 1 chopper... you've got to be kidding me...

Deep evaluation of China's system is really required. The problem might be caused by various factors: defect missile? Downgraded version? Bad missile storage? Failed launch system? Never know... Wish AL will ever publish its investigation result. For the time being we can only guessing:(

SIPRI reported several years back that we had acquired/ordered several hundred missiles
(CMIIW). No idea if it's true or false, but in case it did happen, it means we are already in the middle of TOT schemes that China offered. So, is it worthed to cancel the whole deal while it's already in process?
Or the sipri report was false and we haven't accepted TOT scheme?

I am not sure if we really are (already) purchasing C705 in that amount, hundreds!!?? We only see those missile onboard fast attack craft, i say 50 at the most

No need to get soo worked-up about the failed missile test. Failure can be caused by anything, moreover this is the first time for Navy to conduct a firing test for C-705 integration with KCR-40, thus some error were bound to happen. Chill out, it's time to learn and take lesson.

Last edited:
I am not sure if we really are (already) purchasing C705 in that amount, hundreds!!?? We only see those missile onboard fast attack craft, i say 50 at the most

Haha it's too good to be true if we ever done that hell of a huge deal:cheesy:.
I should start questioning every news even if it comes from SIPRI caliber I guess:coffee:.

What about RX series? Or Rhan? Last news I heard just earlier this year about the RX 450 launch..

Well I hope that these C705 missile don't make any failure again if there will be another test or even exercise that include the PKR and it's C705 Missile, i mean that we surely need this missile for its Technology until we can develope our own missile that come from the ToT for buying this missile from China, and inshallah our own missile will be more deadlier and capable to destory enemy warship.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom