What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

thank you for your information @proka89, its information taken directly from military (pussenarmed)'s website during a presentation from a dealer company #cmiiw

Uji sliding roket RHAN 122B
rhan 122b.jpg

Program retrovit AMX masih terus berlanjut
pindad-amx.jpg

Pindad' exhibition in Solo today
pindad-badak.jpg

Last edited:
Then your info is more valid. Nexter Caesar rate of fire is around 6 round per minute, and it is semi automatic. Nora B52 have fully automatic firing mechanism, so it should have higher rate of fire.

Yes Nora does have fully automatic firing mechanism, but cannon cradle used on Nora B 52, restricts the rate of fire on just 4 rounds per minute. Because of this automatic loader on Nora B52 demands that gun barrel has to be in certain position before loading, which restricts rate of fire. Example of this:

From 2:20

Visit of armyrecognition to Nora B52 factory in Serbia:

Rate of fire from 3:30.

I can also give you guys full conceptual study(in serbian) of Nora B 52 written by chief engineer of Nora B52 (Anastas Paligoric). When Nora was first designed idea was to use some parts from 130mm M46 gun to cheapen the production cost. One of those parts is cradle from M46. Now they are making their own cradles, but those are still basically strengthen M46 cradles, which demands that gun has to be in 40 degrees elevation, when loaded with auto loader. They still consider that 4 rounds/minute is satisfactory rate of fire. 6-12 rounds per minute is bullshit.

Above mentioned cradle:

IMG_20150626_125738.jpg

IMG_20150626_125753.jpg

IMG_20150626_125907.jpg

Then i guess they were promoting the latest version that have higher rate of fire.

Possible but i doubt it. The latest version of Nora B52 is what you saw was exported to Bangladesh. And that one has a rate of fire of 4 rounds per minute. Similar version is supposed to enter Serbian Army technical test center in this year. This is the Nora for Serbian Army from this year:

4.png

Possible but i doubt it. The latest version of Nora B52 is what you saw was exported to Bangladesh. And that one has a rate of fire of 4 rounds per minute. Similar version is supposed to enter Serbian Army technical test center in this year. This is the Nora for Serbian Army from this year:

4.png

Can you share any link for us to check the technical spec for this SPH..?

Some sources on the internet state that Nora B52 can fire 6-12 projectiles per minute depending on version. First 3 rounds fire in 20 seconds.

Last edited:
dude can nora SPH use same ammo with caesar or generic 155mm towed altilery?
Nora B 52 can use any kind of 155mm ammo.

Thanks... but i can't find any detail regarding the rate of fire for this SPH on the official website.

Because they didn't post one. But for all versions in use today, rate of fire is 4 rounds per minute.

So does Nora B52 on the chart list? i hope that TNI add more CAESAR, rather than have multiple similiar platform for easy maintenance. Just look at this version of CAESAR :cheesy:
Nexter_caesar.jpeg.jpeg

and complement with this
astros_ii_indo_defense_2012a.jpg

nice

Last edited:
So, does Nora B52 on the list?

Could be, since this SPH were introduced and presented last week.
wp-image-617743905jpg.jpg

Our budget to acquire additional field artillery system is around $360 million, and we acquired 37 units Caesar for only $240 million few years ago... so, we have a lot of room to improvise here...
PLN-1.jpg

Last edited:
Indonesia allocates USD215 million for new minesweepers
Ridzwan Rahmat, Singapore - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
08 August 2016

The Indonesian government has approved a sum of USD215 million for the Indonesian Navy's (Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut, or TNI-AL) bid to acquire new mine countermeasures vessels (MCMVs) and associated systems.

The approval covers the 2015-19 timeframe and will be funded through the country's foreign defence credit programme.

Indonesia currently operates a fleet of nine Type 89 (Kondor II)-class and two Pulau Rengat (Tripartite)-class MCMVs. The vessels were commissioned between the early 1970s and the mid-1980s.

TNI-AL chief of staff, Admiral Ade Supandi, told reports in February 2015 that the service is seeking to replace its two Pulau Rengat boats, KRI Pulau Rengat and KRIPulau Rupat .

Want to read more? For analysis on this article and access to all our insight content, please enquire about our subscription options ihs.com/contact

To read the full article, Client Login
(131 of 184 words)

Back
Top Bottom